( search forums )
Set to charlie/delta in CTF
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 12:30 am
How can I set players to the charlie or delta team when I am hosting a server in CTF mode?

Thanks in advance

KeYDoN
July 10, 2005, 12:34 am
use the setteam command
Charlie
/setteam3 PLAYERNUMBER

Delta
/setteam4 PLAYERNUMBER

Spectator
/setteam5 PLAYERNUMBER

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 1:01 am
it doesn't work in CTF, only in TeamMatch.

/setteam1 and /setteam2 work fine

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 1:02 am
likewise /addbot1 and /addbot2 work, but not /addbot3 and /addbot4.

A lot of my friends have been trying this as well; the Evo man has it working on his server, but nobody else does (i think he flipped a trigger somewhere)

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 2:18 am
CTF is for 2 teams... not 4... You could try making a TDM server then load CTF maps, but other than that you cant go charlie/delta team in CTF for logical reasons.

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 6:38 am
CTF is for 2 teams... not 4... you cant go charlie/delta team in CTF for logical reasons.

...No kidding... that is why I asked; I know that it will require some sort of hack, and I know that others have done it..

FliesLikeABrick
July 10, 2005, 7:02 pm
well, the maps don't have Charlie and Delta bases, so it is kinda pointless.

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 8:17 pm
No it kicks ass, because you can switch to charlie and kill both reds and blues; be a 3rd party guerilla of sorts

If you don't know how to do it, you don't know how to do it. But it can be done and it's bundles of joy

i am ahab
July 10, 2005, 11:27 pm
yeah there was an admin doing it the other day in some server i was playing in.
twas bloody annoying. but funny if your doing it.

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 8:21 pm
Only thing I can think of is to hex it so that it adds 4 teams in ctf mode. Is there a hexing guide somewhere online so that I don't have to figure out locations myself?

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 3:11 pm
Has anybody succeeded in decompiling the dll/exe files? Is that a question I can ask here? I'll try Salamander later on.

n00bface
July 13, 2005, 3:21 pm
I used to be able to do this with older Soldat Server Versions, I guess the servers you had been playing on are outdated. Ask them what server version they are using.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 4:37 pm
interesting, thanks!

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 3:59 am
He's using the most recent version.

n00bface
July 14, 2005, 4:27 am
I guess it wasn't just an old server version bug, I was able to replicate it with Server Version 2.2.9:
[IMAGE]
..if that helps at all.

By the way, instead of making 2 posts in a row, could you use the [IMAGE]Edit function to keep the topic a bit neater.

Don't know if I should be posting this here, since it's technically a bug, but it's one of those fun ones like Ice Proning.

FliesLikeABrick
July 14, 2005, 4:49 pm
i don't think this qualifies as a bug. but just curious, is it possible to make maps which have charlie and delta bases/flags? I think it would be kinda cool to have 2v2v2 or 2v2v2v2 pr 3v3v3 etc etc matches in CTF

rabidhamster
July 14, 2005, 5:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickwell, the maps don't have Charlie and Delta bases, so it is kinda pointless.

actually, if a team doesn't have a spawnpoint, they will spawn at bonus spawnpoints. likewise, if at least two grenade box spawnpoints aren't placed on a map, grenades will start spawning at player spawnpoints. don't ask why, i haven't got a clue...

PS can anyone see my avatar?

KeFear
July 14, 2005, 6:48 pm
do what keydon wrote. /setteamX always work. You have to be admin tho..

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 8:35 pm
Does it only work in Soldat Server (console version)? I was trying it before with Soldat Dedicated Server.

KeFear
July 14, 2005, 8:56 pm
ah yes. de "bulit-in" server won't work.

UltraMagnus
July 18, 2005, 6:00 pm
he, this gives me a idea of a new kind of zombie server, normal ctf, but all bots on yellow