( search forums )
Warhammer 40k mod preview
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 3:02 am
EDIT:
[IMAGE]

Tadaaaaa, have some random interface graphics. This version of the mod includes EVERYTHING I have done for it (except the Gauss Flayer). I can't remember what is missing, Deathspinner weapon-gfx and some sfx I think. Test drive what I have already made please. Also includes a weapons.ini file with a few changes to the guns, I can't promise weapon balance, I want you guys to help me with that! :)

Download the full mod. Extract to /soldat, it will put the mod in /mods/40k, and will put Soldat 40k.bat in the main directory, which you can run the mod with.

Whoops. Once you've installed the mod, go to soldat/mods/40k/weapons.ini and change the M79 bullet type to 4. I forgot about the buggy Plasmagun :Q

I made you all a quick present as I fancied a change from working on Eldar and IG guns X_x

[IMAGE]

Replaces the Ruger. Install to /soldat, and then change the Ruger entry in txt/weaponnames.txt to 'Gauss Flayer'. This will overwrite the Eldar Long Rifle if you install it onto the other soldat weapons, if you didn't realise :x

Download.

As promised, an information writeup:

This mod is an Imperial Guard and Eldar weapon replacement set. Once all weapons are finished and released (following the release of Soldat 1.2.2 with its officially revealed modding features), my intentions are possibly to work on an Eldar Guardian gostek set, or release either more Imperial or Eldar weapons. I might release some weapons for another race (Necrons are a possibility, but we'll have to wait and see guys :] I have to admit, doing Necron gostek would be fun...), but it depends how enthusiastic I am for the mod when I have finished what I have started. Anyway, I hope to release the following guns as my first complete package:

Dual Shuriken Pistols [Eldar](replacement for Desert Eagles)
Shuriken Catapult [Eldar] (replacement for MP5)
Autogun [IG] (replacement for Ak74)
Lasgun [IG] (replacement for Steyr Aug)
Combat Shotgun [IG] (replacement for Spas-12)
Eldar Long Rifle [Eldar] (replacement for Ruger)
Plasmagun [IG] (replacement for M79)
Reaper Launcher [Eldar] (replacement for Barret)
Hellgun [IG] (replacement for FN Minimi)
Deathspinner [Eldar] (replacement for Minigun)

Laspistol [IG] (replacement for Socom)
Powersword [Eldar] (replacement for Knife)
Chainsword [IG] (replacement for Chainsaw)
Missile Launcher [Eldar] (replacement for LAW)

Credits:
- Warhammer 40,000, and all 40k related guns/terminology I have used are property of Games Workshop.
- Weapon images based on sketches of 40k weapons, but traced over and drawn by me.

Lasgun fire sfx taken from Dawn of War.
Autogun fire sfx taken from "bullet.wav", Rival Species.
Shuriken Catapult fire sfx taken from "shuriken_fire.wav", Rival Species.
All other sounds are edited from the above original files.

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 3:15 am
oh, yes! do you have a release date?

confusedone
July 10, 2005, 4:24 am
oo oo must have +_+

cartoony... but in a very appealing way... don't change them...

Necron_lord
July 10, 2005, 6:39 am
relese them like tomorrow ive been waitng for this since i got soldat oh boy i think im going to wet myself

*runs to go to the bathroom*

LancerEvo916
July 10, 2005, 6:46 am
chainsaw -> chainsword (right?) . man i love the concept of a chainsword : )

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 1:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by LancerEvo916chainsaw -> chainsword (right?) . man i love the concept of a chainsword : )

Whoops, forgot to change the txt/weaponnames.txt file.

papasurf31
July 10, 2005, 5:10 pm
I kinda think they look better in black and white, but still really nice. Not a big 40k fan myself...

Necron_lord
July 10, 2005, 5:43 pm
so when you going to do the rest im not complaning i just would really like to see it

wunderbear
July 10, 2005, 7:06 pm
what will the rest be? Very good, by the way.

LancerEvo916
July 10, 2005, 7:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31I kinda think they look better in black and white, but still really nice. Not a big 40k fan myself...

My thoughts too.....ooooo idea there... a black and white mod.

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 7:42 pm
They all look good, but 2 and 6 look too much alike. And maybe add a hair more shading

confusedone
July 10, 2005, 9:08 pm
I assume these come with the appropriate sounds.. the chainblade looks awsome

quote:Field Marshal BM:
They all look good, but 2 and 6 look too much alike. And maybe add a hair more shading

*agree*

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 3:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMThey all look good, but 2 and 6 look too much alike. And maybe add a hair more shading

I agree.

wunderbear
July 11, 2005, 6:37 pm
i'm guessing:

1-twin Shuriken Pistols.
2-Shuriken Catapult
3-M40 Autogun
4-MK 4 Lasgun
5-Combat Shotgun
6-Long Rifle
7-Grenade Launcher? Plasma Cannon?
8-Lascannon? Sniper rifle? Gauss Flayer?
9-Mk 2 Hellgun.
0-Autocannon? Eldar Scattergun?

1-Laspistol
2-Combat Knife?
3-Chainsword
4-Missile Launcher? Rokkit Launcha?

List would be nice. Good job on the weapons.

EDIT: just read the other thread. Adjusted to match.

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 6:57 pm
@stalky: hey i noticed that you didnt release the mark 2 hell gun or the top middle gun in your sig (DONT FLAME ME IVE ONLY PLAYED WH40K LIKE 2 TIMES) in the preview.

wunderbear
July 11, 2005, 7:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by aznbl00d@stalky: hey i noticed that you didnt release the mark 2 hell gun or the top middle gun in your sig (DONT FLAME ME IVE ONLY PLAYED WH40K LIKE 2 TIMES) in the preview.

's a plasma Gun. So hurrah for burny luminescent Plasma Spewing contraption!

Oh, and what exactly IS a helllgun? I know the rest, but i collect space Marines, so i don't know what it Actually does.

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 8:10 pm
A Hellgun is the gun used by Imperial Guard Stormtroopers. Its kinda like an assault rifle Lasgun. It connects to a big ammo pack carried on the back of the 'trooper (Course, I can't draw this for the mod...).

I didn't include the Hellgun because, I have finished the graphics for it, but I haven't ripped any sounds for it yet. Although I'm really proud of the graphics for the Plasmagun (see sig), I'm kinda encountering problems with the ideas for the mod and I might need to shuffle weapon order around before I release it. Maybe put the the Eldar Long Rifle as number 8 and Plasmagun as number 6.

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 8:13 pm
well, either way, ill look forward to it. :D

wunderbear
July 11, 2005, 8:39 pm
Plasmagun would be best as a grenade launcher. Ruger isn't powerful enough. You could have a blue "blob" of plasms!

And the Long Rifle doesn't look formidable enough for a barrett. (not your drawing, that's great. It's just that it looks a bir weedy. A Gauss Flayer would be better, unless it's just IG and Eldar.)

DON'T LOSE THE HELLGUN!! It looks BRILLIANT!!(or do you just mean from the demo? Then that's okay.)

Are you stickign to just IG and eldar?

Why not just deepen the Lasgun noise for the Hellgun?

wunderbear
July 11, 2005, 9:21 pm
Oh, and Thanks!

My ingame Alias is Cadian Eighth, with Catachan Green Armour, and Kommando Khaki Fatigues.

THanks to your mod, my cadian Soldier can proudly stand with his correct equipment:

[IMAGE]

Hurrah!

Now we just need an Eldar Gostek...

Messiah
July 12, 2005, 7:15 am
WOW!, nice mod i especially adore the chainsaw.

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 3:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by wunderbear
Why not just deepen the Lasgun noise for the Hellgun?

Yes I will do this. Look out for an updated post, I will add a Hellgun patch.

By the way, thanks for the postive comments everyone :)

EDIT: There we go, look up for the Hellgun. I will also release the 2x Shuriken Pistol as a replacement for Desert Eagles soon. I will probably release those with a nice writeup, saying what exactly I decide to do for the mod.

Da cHeeSeMaN
July 12, 2005, 5:26 pm
this is great!!

wunderbear
July 12, 2005, 6:54 pm
mwuahahaha!!! The Hellgun is brilliant! The standard of this mod is good. Only two niggles i have:

1. The autogun. In the menu, it looks fantastic (just like a normal one), but ingame, it tends to look like a bit thin. This is probably just me, but it could do with a tad of fattening up. (Unless the menu pic and the ingame pic are the same. THen it's probably just me.)

[IMAGE]

See? Thin! ...Well, it looks thin ingame.

2. THe chainsword. It's probably just a constraint on the chainsaw's part, but the chainsword looks like it's being held like a staff or a pike. But i guess that's just the wasy the chainsaw works.

Those two niggles don't effect me really. The Mod in itself is great. Good Job!

*Turns blue man into globs of gore with thundering Hellgun*

Neat.

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 7:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by wunderbearmwuahahaha!!! The Hellgun is brilliant! The standard of this mod is good.

Haha, thanks. I didn't think it was that good, but if you say so...:) I'm still not happy with the Hellgun interface graphic, I've tweaked it a lot and it still looks flat and boring to me. I think I will try remaking it and see what you people think.

As for your niggles, the autogun looking thin, I can fix that with the next patch I release. I'll write it down on a list of things to do, thanks for the critical advice :D as for the chainsword, I can't really edit how it is held, you'll have to survive with the way it is I'm afraid :( I would like it to be upright and have the soldier swing it to decapitate his enemies, but it can't be done...

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 7:21 pm
meh. i took the liberty of putting it on my webspace. the whole thing with the hellgun so you dont need to go through the trouble of the patch:

http://www.skill.ws/aznbl00d/wh40kbeta.zip

wunderbear
July 12, 2005, 7:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stalkyquote:Originally posted by wunderbearmwuahahaha!!! The Hellgun is brilliant! The standard of this mod is good.

Haha, thanks. I didn't think it was that good, but if you say so...:) I'm still not happy with the Hellgun interface graphic, I've tweaked it a lot and it still looks flat and boring to me. I think I will try remaking it and see what you people think.

As for your niggles, the autogun looking thin, I can fix that with the next patch I release. I'll write it down on a list of things to do, thanks for the critical advice :D as for the chainsword, I can't really edit how it is held, you'll have to survive with the way it is I'm afraid :( I would like it to be upright and have the soldier swing it to decapitate his enemies, but it can't be done...

The Hellgun looks good!

And i don't mind about the Chainsword. Meself, i use the Laspistol.

*Executes deserter*

heh heh heh.

Necron_lord
July 12, 2005, 7:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by wunderbear
i'm guessing:
Gauss Flayer?

yes oh god yes

wunderbear
July 12, 2005, 7:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Necron_lordquote:Originally posted by wunderbear
i'm guessing:
Gauss Flayer?

yes oh god yes

Actually, i think it's just Eldar and Imperial Gaurd. Which is quite good: a gauss flayer would be good though.

And the sound would be really easy: just get a microphone and a piece of card:

"RRRRRRRRRRRIIIPPPPPPP!!!"

But, anyway, no. :D

wunderbear
July 12, 2005, 9:14 pm
just wondering: what will the weapons Actually be?

Is it just IG and Eldar?

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 9:20 pm
I would say that for the G/L weapon slot it should be a plasma cannon, and then the #0 slot should be a assault cannon (tau). And the R/L be a crak missle launcher. But that's just me, awesome mod by the way.

-edit- And what about some dark eldar stuff?(splinter pistol or splinter rifle for #8 slot)

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 10:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkyI will also release the 2x Shuriken Pistol as a replacement for Desert Eagles soon. I will probably release those with a nice writeup, saying what exactly I decide to do for the mod.

ALL YOUR QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED.

Hold on tight until then :P

EDIT: \o/ and answered they are. See first post.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 1:16 am
ai. deagles are my fav. but try zipping it without another folder inside; less hassle.

totalcommander
July 13, 2005, 3:26 pm
i still think you should hook up with one of the guys that have released a weapon changer thingy, and make a ig set of weapons and a eldar set of weapons

wunderbear
July 13, 2005, 6:26 pm
EEEEEE!!!!

DEATHSPINNERRRR!!!!!

downloading Shuriken Pistols now.

EDIT: Very good! The shuriken pistols look the part. THe firing noise is a bit Insubstantial? But i guess it's how the weapon is. Very good though.

I can't wait for the PlasmaGun!!! :D

Droopy
July 13, 2005, 11:11 pm
I made this litle ol' map. It fits in the mod and you can include it when the mode is finnished, if you want to.

[IMAGE]

It's a no-mans land, based on the sketches and concept art of Warhammer 40k battlefields. Normal CTF, though I can reverse it so it would be more like strategy point capture thing like in the PC game. Still needs bot waypoints.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 14, 2005, 12:17 am
Droopy! You're alive! And the map looks quite nice!

Droopy
July 14, 2005, 11:31 am
Ofcourse I'm alive. You would know this. But you never call. You never write. You never write about calling. You didnt even invite me for coffee and cake's.
*looks at something*
*thinks*

wunderbear
July 14, 2005, 8:22 pm
indeed.

INDEED.

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 1:35 pm
...ok u guys are getting strange, ok i reckon there shud be a gostek like a space marine or eldar

wunderbear
July 15, 2005, 8:20 pm
Updates!!!

We Requre UPDATES!!!

The precious is calling!!

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 3:14 am
now that is scary, anyway i had an idea, what is the knife was a vibro-knife like in necropolis the 3rd gaunts ghost novel and a feew other books

wunderbear
July 16, 2005, 11:46 am
quote:Originally posted by Linkennow that is scary, anyway i had an idea, what is the knife was a vibro-knife like in necropolis the 3rd gaunts ghost novel and a feew other books

Are you crazy?! There's nothing better than a Power Sword! why would we want anything else?

UltraMagnus
July 16, 2005, 2:13 pm
ah, my ingame alias is calgar, so you can guess i like wh40k

i dont like this mod much though, focuses too much on eldar weapons, i do collect eldar, well to be precise harlies, but they just look very 2nd ed

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 4:12 pm
@stalky: sorry if you mentioned this before it not (if you did i didnt catch it), but are you making an eldar gostek?

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 5:21 pm
aznbl00d: I might, when I have finished the current weapons.

UltraMagnus: I will maybe work on other guns when I am done. What guns would you like to see?

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 6:31 pm
Ork.

Hoodlum
July 16, 2005, 6:39 pm
Veeeeeery sexy mod.

UltraMagnus
July 17, 2005, 10:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Stalkyaznbl00d: I might, when I have finished the current weapons.

UltraMagnus: I will maybe work on other guns when I am done. What guns would you like to see?

bolter, needle rifle, graviton gun, neural shredder, psycannon, hrud Fusil, Necrontyr gauss flayer and xenarch death arc.

if you dont have a clue what any of those are, just ask

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 10:34 am
Yes I know what they are, I have played Inquisitor ;) I will consider them.

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 4:49 pm
meh. i uploaded some sfx that arent mine. they kinda suck, but i think you might be able to edit them:

http://llsc.us/members/aznblood/uploads/wh40ksfx.rar

btw, you seem to be quite popular with the new forumers.

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 9:55 pm
Where did those sfx come from?

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 9:57 pm
im not quite sure. i just found them on my hd.

wunderbear
July 18, 2005, 8:30 pm
Any news? Releases? Previews? ANYTHING?!

Come on!!

UltraMagnus
July 19, 2005, 10:11 pm
indeed any news?

even if it is youve been too lazy latly to do anything to it!!

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 10:42 am
I bet you're all sick of hearing this, but I can't really release any more guns until soldat 1.2.2 is released. In the meanwhile I might try making a few random guns for your pleasure, like a Bolter or Gauss Flayer..watch this space :)

sbu-spyvin
July 20, 2005, 11:14 am
This mod looks great!

YOu need to create a new gostik and interface :)

sbu-spyvin
July 20, 2005, 1:37 pm
You should create a minigun like a Bloodsprayer :)!!

wunderbear
July 21, 2005, 6:39 pm
Don't let this thread die!!

I want this mod REAL bad, and i don't want it to fade into obscurity!

I suggest we discuss features. Or, request 40K weapons, if you're offering, Stalky.

I waaaant......

A Tau Railgun. (Barrett)

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 12:33 pm
*bump*

Check first post for a Gauss Flayer. Sorry I've not added to this mod in a long time.

Ivan_the_Psycho
July 30, 2005, 2:13 pm
Very nice, detailed weapons and the chainsword...:D. Keepp on good work man, this mod has huge potential;] Maybe weapon packs in future? I cant wait for some Tau weaps. maybe full weapon packs in future?:> (eldar weaps, imperial, tau,...) Keep on the good work.

wunderbear
August 5, 2005, 10:09 pm
Yay?! Since the version's updated (1.3!) you might wanna continue this mod? Hooray?

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 12:47 am
Yes yes. Give me a few days, see if I can cook something new up for you :)

I was wondering if you guys could do me a favour...since 1.3 is out, the best modding feature can finally be discussed - weapons editor! This will FINALLY allow me to release the Plasmagun, because the gun is meant to have 10 ammo and wouldn't make sense without >_<. Anyway, I don't really know where to begin with the guns I've already made when it comes to editing their values...I know for sure that the Autogun should have 12 ammo and, therefore, should be powerful but fire slow. The Lasgun should have a high ammo clip and fire fast but quite weak. If you guys could try out some settings and get them balance with the normal soldat guns, I'd really appreciate it. You'd get full credit for helping with the mod, obviously.

We could get a server running and play some deathmatch and tweak the weapons as we play, using the /loadwep command (reloads the weapons.ini file).

wunderbear
August 6, 2005, 4:56 pm
interesting ideas, Stalky. Now i'm not too sure on IG or Eldar weaponry (I'm a Space Marine person myself), what you posted sounds right.

Hmm. However, i have no idea how the values in the Weapon Editor work (I only just found out aboot it when i read your post), so more experienced modders could help with this.

But i'm glad it's back. :D

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 8:46 pm
Update, check main post. PLEEEAASE shout up guys, I don't know if I will complete this mod if I feel its not going to be used :( I want to know if I'm making this for anyone other than wunderbear..

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 8:46 pm
Oh mah gahd...

EDIT: Did you include a weapons.ini?

EDIT 2: Yes you did. No you didn't... ;_; Yes you did, but there are some problems... let me see...

wunderbear
August 6, 2005, 10:03 pm
Cool! You've finished! Woo!

*puts on serious hat*

Three things:

Deathspinner: it's a minigun sound. Eh? I'm sure there are suitable sound files in DoW.

PLasmaGun: Wierd. No grenade, a long charge up time, and absolutely NO effect on people. It would be better as a sort of grenade launcher.

Rocket Launcher: Eh? There isn't one. Not finished, yet. (The knife doesn't matter that much)

Just saying. Looks good.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 10:16 pm
I'm not finished :Q

I haven't gotten a sound for the Deathspinner, I'm yet to make the missing secondaries, and crap, I forgot about the weapons.ini :( Go to soldat/mods/40k/weapons.ini and change the M79 to bullet type 4. Then it'll work properly.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 11:12 pm
Nice job!

wunderbear
August 7, 2005, 8:51 pm
I made a new sound for the deathspinner (Ruger noise, speeded up!), changed the bullet type for the M79, and made a plasma ball for the M79.

Unfortunately, they're on my dad's computer. But they're okay.

Your mod is very good now. (MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! PLASMAGUN!!!)

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 9:09 pm
And it wasn't very good before? ;_;

Yes, I originally wanted the Plasmagun to fire a normal bullet, so I could take away the explosive factor completely, but due to bugs in the weapons editor, it can't be done :(

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 10:01 pm
Hey, if you still need sounds for deathspinner, I think I can get one, but it's not that high quality. =/

wunderbear
August 8, 2005, 3:56 pm
The plasmagun's explosive anyway!! It's a sort of Energy ball/beam thing. The best you can get is grenade/rocket launcher.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 12:38 am
If you guys want to discuss the mod with me, or play about with the weapons.ini, come find me on IRC. Best place to look is #soldat.modding (a channel started by me, papasurf31 and Ville).

comrade8ken
February 2, 2006, 10:08 am
WHY CANT I DOWNLOAD THIS MOD DAMN IT and space marine weapons would be good with some gosteks for space marines and orks and a different set for space marines and orks

EmperorofChoas
February 2, 2006, 9:15 pm
cuz it's old and the link is down~~~~and i'm makin a Space Marine Mod

papasurf31
February 2, 2006, 10:36 pm
Damnit, Don't revive old topics. Notice how the last post was about half a year ago? This is DEAD! If you want to comment, PM Stalky about it, don't necromance.

Deadeye Rob
February 3, 2006, 9:22 am
Hey nice 1 mate! i love this mod! But because i wasnt in to eldar weapons i kinda made my own replacments based on the new codex.

minigun = heavybolter
ruger = mk36 lascarbine
eagles = twin bolt pistols
Barret = mk37 LR Lascarbine
Mp5 = Kasrkin Assault Rifle

As you can tell, im into imperial guard, however i am thinking about a full space marine mod

comrade8ken
February 3, 2006, 11:20 am
Just use the weapons from dawn of war and you will be set

Deadeye Rob
February 4, 2006, 11:07 pm
Hey i recently found a necron wweaponmod to repace the ruger with a necron Flayer rifle. Looks really good! any1 else got this fantastic mod?

This has inspired me to create a Necron weapon mod. however due to the 'simplicity' of necron weapons, has anybody got any suggestions?

Deleted User
February 4, 2006, 11:24 pm
OMG do you read DONT dig up old topics!

numgun
February 5, 2006, 12:06 am
can u revive the link pls?

papasurf31
February 5, 2006, 12:31 am
Don't Necromance. PM Stalky if you have any comments or requests, since this is pretty old. And also, since there is nothing here, I'll lock this temporarily.

Stalky, If you want to reopen this, PM me.