DM Poison Stone --- UPDATED
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 6:24 am
http://mr.netpub.org/soldat/mappage.php?mapid=80
BOTS: YES
DEATHMATCH ect.

UPDATED: :)
Now with SHADING and improvments to the LAYOUT and with more medipack spawns. If the link still shows the old one; go to here:
http://mr.netpub.org/soldat/mappage.php?mapid=89

Cookie.
July 10, 2005, 6:45 am
Welcome to the forums :D

Layout is pretty good
Bots are good :D
Have you considered adding more colour to the map? like darkening polygons it might make it nicer.

Also you might wana edit the topic to DM Poison Stone or the moderators might get angry >:|

.alex.oner.
July 10, 2005, 11:04 am
yea, i think it would look alot better if it had some nice shading in it, but other then that, it looks great, the layout for example :) keep up the good work!

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 11:30 am
a little bored more scenery is better

Goofy_92
July 10, 2005, 11:33 am
It's ok now, I like colors like these. ;)

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 11:25 pm
try rounding some of the side polys for better and qouicker jumping

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 1:57 am
This looks simple,but the gameplay could be more deep,since all the indents in the polys.It really looks fun.Good job,and welcome to the forums

Maxx
July 11, 2005, 2:52 am
Even though there's no shading, it looks good.

The layout looks fun, and I like the colors.

Good job, and...
quote:welcome to the forums

Rambo_6
July 11, 2005, 3:29 am
A very basic, yet somewhat original look to it. Consider more scenery, more smooth polygons (try using the zoom feature for small work), more color, and more routes.

Overall, a very good first map.

Felix
July 11, 2005, 12:25 pm
gj for a first map, but it needs more shading :S

gj anyway

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 10:43 pm
Thanks very Much everyone for the kind words.

About the Shading: I've been experementing with this on some of my other maps, but it doesn't ever seem to look exactlly right... I'll give it a go on this one then. I think I saw a topic on this somewhere around here. I'll go read that.

As for the Scenery, I was thinking that maybe I should use Crystals, Boxes of treasure, that kinda thing.

quote:Originally posted by Gen0cide`This looks simple,but the gameplay could be more deep,since all the indents in the polys.It really looks fun.Good job,and welcome to the forums

Can i get you to expand on this please? Do you mean that there should be more indents to provide cover from the bullets? Could you give examples as to where this could be done.

Thanks all, and thanks grand_diablo for changing the topic -- sorry about that.

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 2:00 am
Yeah,I think the indents and bumps are good for cover from bullets,which is a good thing,cause you can dodge and live longer,making it funner.

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 8:12 am
oh, ok thanks for that. Very True, Will Enhance.

Boxo
July 12, 2005, 8:37 pm
It needs more shading; it's too blank now. There's also too little scenery, plus the background color makes my eyes bleed.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 8:00 am
I've been experementing with the shading, and it's working out ok. Should be up soon. I'm looking for some treasure type scenery. can ne1 point me in the direction?
Thanks.

The @venger
July 19, 2005, 2:30 am
try making it in paint