( search forums )
ctf_thorns - i made a map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
The @venger
July 11, 2005, 1:05 pm
as you might have already seen, i made a map, i made it in 2 hours, and i am kind of pleased with my work.
so, what i want is some pro mapper, or anyone out there who is good at this kinda thing, to test the gameplay, eventual bugs, and stuff ilke that, also tell me if it needs more of anything.
and i havent yet understood the "darken verticle" stuff, so go easy on me.
(made it in 1.5 hours)

Edit: and let me thank the dude who made this texture, i dont know who did it, thogh...

Edit x2: gimme your msn adress, and ill send it to you...

Edit x3: and if you look for scenery, it isnt there, becoz i have the half- graphics bug, so i will have to do that on another comp, and i maybe want somebody to waypoint the map, and/or publish it on a webpage, coz i have a stupid firewall that dosnt allow ppl to dl the maps from my servers.

Edit x4: i now have it hosted http://www.freewebs.com/bassefader/index.htm

Thorolas
July 11, 2005, 1:29 pm
ill test it out for u :)

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 5:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Thorolasill test it out for u :)

how can you do that without link and screen?

Post the link and a pic.

Cookie.
July 11, 2005, 7:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHquote:Originally posted by Thorolasill test it out for u :)

how can you do that without link and screen?

Post the link and a pic.

I don't believe the map was done. He wants someone to test it out before he releases it to the public

Thorolas
July 11, 2005, 7:22 pm
[IMAGE]

The @venger
July 11, 2005, 7:25 pm
i thank thorolas for testing my map for bugs, and giving me guidance in gameplay matters.
now, are any of you big dedicated server dudes willing to hav this map on your server for testing?, let me know, and gimme your msn adress, so i can send it to you.

Rambo_6
July 11, 2005, 8:56 pm
I really like the way you colored your map. The checkerboard gives it an acid trip feel :D

The only bad stuff i see is on the left side (the chunky block)

Also, you should probably add a route under that tower in the middle. A good ctf map should have at least 2 routes to the flag.

The @venger
July 11, 2005, 10:18 pm
well, when thinking closely about it, that place can still be a bottleneck with a way under the tower. i might add it after testing the map.
btw, what means "acid trip"?
and i think the left side is the most beautiful...
the chunky block was supposed to be kinda evil- looking.

Rambo_6
July 12, 2005, 7:48 pm
LMAO

*updates profile*

The @venger
July 12, 2005, 8:13 pm
er, what?

Boxo
July 12, 2005, 8:34 pm
There's way too much bottlenecks that are just ideal for nadespam and camping. You need more routes, or a more open route, if you're only going to have one. Getting in and out of the bases seem to be too awkward too.

The @venger
July 12, 2005, 8:43 pm
hmmmmm.
ill se what ill do after ive tested the map with teams on 4 or something, but until then, nada!
i wanna test the gameplay before i start changing the map again... :)
can someone put up a good server for that?

Rambo_6
July 13, 2005, 2:41 am
quote:Originally posted by The @vengerer, what?

Acid trip = drug induced hallucinations.

Hoodlum
July 13, 2005, 3:06 am
Not bad, not bad at all.

VodkaZombie
July 13, 2005, 3:47 am
When is this map comming out? I need the link!

The @venger
July 13, 2005, 3:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by VodkaZombieWhen is this map comming out? I need the link!
well, for that i need someone that can fix a dl site for me, coz i cant do that by myself, but what i really would want is someone who could put up a test server for me, so i can test the gameplay with full 4on4 teams or 3on 3 teams...
So, plz, someone???

The @venger
July 13, 2005, 3:29 pm
and ill try to fix the chunky block too, to be bot evil looking AND not- chunky looking, also ill make blue side more detailed and nice.
and maybe ill put in another way. (im kinda stubborn)

Rambo_6
July 13, 2005, 4:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by VodkaZombieWhen is this map comming out? I need the link!
True, this thread shouldn't be here if you can't post us a link.

Just hurry up and test it witha few bots :P

The @venger
July 13, 2005, 8:11 pm
i havent botted it...
i dont think it is funny, and i only map fer fun :(

The @venger
July 13, 2005, 9:01 pm
well now ive got a dl for ya.
http://www.freewebs.com/bassefader/index.htm
thats where the map is, and just for information: as said before, it isnt waypointed, nor is there any screnery, ill give updates and maybe even make more maps.

The @venger
July 15, 2005, 6:32 pm
since u asked, and since noone seems to be revisiting this tread, im refreshing it...
DL LINK FIXED!!!!!

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 6:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by The @vengersince u asked, and since noone seems to be revisiting this tread, im refreshing it...
DL LINK FIXED!!!!!

no need to triple post,

and if the maps time to die, don't bother reviving it, most good maps get forgotten anyways...