( search forums )
start up freeze...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Merach
July 11, 2005, 6:10 pm
Ok, first of all... that's not the random freezing bug, only want to know if some peopple has the same behaviour with their client.

Always, when a map is finnished and a new one is coming my client freeze for a while. After a time, again it works normal, but other peopple are playing for time ago, cause there are deaths and kills points and enemies had reached our flag. What happen to me during this period? Where am I? Interdimensional hole? Ok, maybe this is a silly question but i'm interested in knowing if there are other people with the same "problem".

Thanks.

jake
July 12, 2005, 2:31 pm
i have this problem too.
try to read here http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=24979

Merach
July 13, 2005, 12:57 pm
I have read it and I think is not the same problem, I don't have Connection Problems or Connection Timeout; the matter is: The previous map finnish a couple of second before the final countdown (10 seconds... 9 seconds... 5 seconds... and is changing map). Then I rest froozed in this situation, with the final countdown of previous map, and the message announcing the next map. Then in some seconds, maybe 10 or something like that, the "load" is finnished and I can play again, in the next map, without problems or timeouts, but other players on the server is playing from time ago cause enemies are near our base (but also on big maps) and there are kills and deaths on F1 table. I mean, I start playing a couple of second later than the other players.
I have a PIII 800MHz 384MB RAM, and I play normally without MSN, eMule (of course) and sometimes without realtime virus check. That problem appears when I play with my computer just booted, basic processes running.
Maybe that is related with the startup Soldat delay, when I execute Soldat.exe it is slowly, first appears the profile screen but is not active and without titles on buttons or table contents. When I choose a profile there is a delay to change to Join Tag too. Maybe the resources of my computer are too low for soldat, it has more than 5 years and never has been formated :S, only upgraded with RAM and HDD.
Well, I'll try to minimize processes on startup and get more free resources.
Thank you.

Liber_Lupus
July 13, 2005, 3:59 pm
"Maybe that is related with the startup Soldat delay, when I execute Soldat.exe it is slowly, first appears the profile screen but is not active and without titles on buttons or table contents. When I choose a profile there is a delay to change to Join Tag too."
Same here. I managed to get a fast speed by closing most of the processes, leaving only like 16 processes, but it doesn't work anymore. I'm going to format soon. If you haven't format for 5 years you should do the same :)
P3 500Mhz, 256MB RAM, Ati Rage 128 pro 32mb.