( search forums )
CTF Team Wars!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Raptor
July 11, 2005, 9:06 pm
CTF Team Wars
Well... I was looking at great maps made by great mappers like Rambo_6, Soulsnipa, and others. Their maps are big, I used to make small maps like Arena 2, so I decided to make a pretty big map. I called it CTF Team Wars (I couldn't find a better name)... I hope you like it! It's my first "Big" map :D, and it's good for Lucky Shots ;)...
Also! yeah... I made some camping places ¬¬

Here's a screenshot of the map:

[IMAGE]

Download here:
http://mr.netpub.org/soldat/script_downloadmap.php?id=84

I really hope you like it...

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 9:10 pm
I haven't played it, but the screenshot looks nice, becouse there are places to hide and I can practice my mortar skills aka shooting over the land to hit someone from air. Anyway, isn't it too easy to get the flag if one team dies? I mean look at their spawns and the flag! But I guess that's why this map requires good strategy ;)

cooz
July 11, 2005, 9:10 pm
too plain :d

MOFO NOFO
July 11, 2005, 10:29 pm
MY EYES!!!!

and some more scenery

MY EYES!!!

Rambo_6
July 11, 2005, 10:51 pm
If you don't mind, i'd like to work on this map with you Raptor. I have an idea :D

edit: i take taht back. I wana do this myself XD

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 11:58 pm
This map isn't too bad if you're looking for a straight up slug fest.

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 1:58 am
Needs better terrain.More bumps..and maybe another path

VodkaZombie
July 12, 2005, 2:32 am
I havent played this map yet but the backround of the map looks a bit bright. Try getting a darker color.

Goofy_92
July 12, 2005, 7:54 am
Yes, lack of scenery. Also lower the contrast of the background.

Raptor
July 12, 2005, 8:23 pm
Alright I'll fix it! Somebody give me an ordered list of things to change.

Boxo
July 12, 2005, 8:31 pm
I'd just make an new map if I were you. This one just doesn't work in any way.

Raptor
July 12, 2005, 8:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by BoxoI'd just make an new map if I were you. This one just doesn't work in any way.

It took me a while to make this map, and it was not easy... if you don't like my maps, then don't post here.

EDIT: I'm still waiting for the suggestions...

Boxo
July 12, 2005, 8:50 pm
Raptor, WTF?
Why couldn't I post my opinion about your map? You wanted feedback, you got it. You can't expect everyone to love your work. Can't you deal with negative comments?

OK, maybe my last post was a bit harsh, and not too constructive. Here are some reasons why I think this map doesn't work:

the whole layout makes for bad games; Spawnkilling by nadespamhas never been easier, and the distance between the flag and spawns is way too long. Just getting out of the base will be nearly impossible for the losing team.
It's also too blank, and has nearly no shading. The background color also hurts my eyes. (these could be fixed, but not the fact that it's pretty unplayble.)

rabidhamster
July 12, 2005, 8:54 pm
i like it. i don't know why. i just do.
if anything, add a route that goes up to the ceiling. once near the ceiling, have those hanging lamps that are in supermarkets (not the long ones, the individual circular ones).

the only way to make it across the top route is to jump from lamp to lamp.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 12:28 am
Interesting. It actually looks like itd fit the name of arena4, if no such map exists as of yet.

VodkaZombie
July 13, 2005, 12:35 am
quote:Originally posted by BoxoRaptor, WTF?
Why couldn't I post my opinion about your map? You wanted feedback, you got it. You can't expect everyone to love your work. Can't you deal with negative comments?

OK, maybe my last post was a bit harsh, and not too constructive. Here are some reasons why I think this map doesn't work:

the whole layout makes for bad games; Spawnkilling by nadespamhas never been easier, and the distance between the flag and spawns is way too long. Just getting out of the base will be nearly impossible for the losing team.
It's also too blank, and has nearly no shading. The background color also hurts my eyes. (these could be fixed, but not the fact that it's pretty unplayble.)

I'm sure that there are many good maps with this kind of layout/structure, it may not appeal to many users but it seems pretty playable to me.

Rambo_6
July 13, 2005, 2:39 am
With its current layout, this map is not easily playable. Trust me. You need at least one more route. Perhaps i can give you some suggestions.

1. Make a pyramid in the middle. You could even add tunnels through it.

2. Add a top route with a tower on it.

3. Make 2 towers connected by a bridge.

Raptor
July 13, 2005, 3:47 pm
Alright... making changes!
quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsteri like it. i don't know why. i just do.
if anything, add a route that goes up to the ceiling. once near the ceiling, have those hanging lamps that are in supermarkets (not the long ones, the individual circular ones).

the only way to make it across the top route is to jump from lamp to lamp.

I like that idea!

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 5:11 pm
Nice I like it :D

Hoodlum
July 14, 2005, 5:24 pm
Its a bit plain.

Add some more stuff.

rabidhamster
July 14, 2005, 6:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Raptor
I like that idea!

yay!

vash763
July 14, 2005, 8:05 pm
i would do the pyramid, with a tunnel straight through the bottom, and then two or three more going through it at higher levels

Kimball
July 15, 2005, 5:50 am
I agree with the pyramid suggestions although I think it should be upside down. I say this because then you would still have the high stress level of bullets constantly going over you head and you would also be able to get up out of the way a little bit when you got the flag and would be able to have altenate routes and would be able to jump down on the other teams heads. I think a right side up pyramid would really take away from the map though because the map really stresses trench warfair and would be ruined if there was a huge obstacle to shoot over plus it would be harder to return the flag. Thats just my opinion though take of it what you will. O yah, for the bases, atleast position some 45 degree angle polygons at the spots where you jump down so it can speed things up a little bit.

Cookie.
July 15, 2005, 6:31 am
I like it myself *shrugs* the only complaint I have is with the background colour once again though get someone else to help you make colour choices lol :\

sbu-spyvin
July 18, 2005, 10:11 am
The map looks simple but maybe you really need some teamwork to get to the blue flag ;)