( search forums )
Visual help with bouncy poly's
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 10:04 pm
Well, i've been working on my most recent dm, fin_sd_ext.pms - Final Showdown by Extacide :P

Anyways, the whole point of the thing is the whole map is like 2 giant slopes facing inward with a giant gap in the middle. The 2 players will slide down these slopes, and at the end of each slope where the gap begins, there will be the dreaded bouncy polies, which will launch them up in the air, just enough to arch over the gap, and the 2 will make an attempt to kill eachother before they land. Its for fun.

And now for the question. I can NOT make the bouncy polies. Ive tried, and tried, and all the help already given on them will not due. I simply cant see what im supposed to do, or im just doing it wrong. I cant seem to get my hands on a map with bouncy poly's after I reformatted, and I dont know anyone who knows how to make them well.

Would anyone be able to give me some sort of visual representation, perhaps a pic of how to do this? Maybe like a wireframe view if possible, or what you would think would be the best way to show how to do it. I understand a little of how to do it, but I cant seem to make it work, and I've finally brought myself up to ask.

My thanks to the person able to show this to me. :P

vash763
July 12, 2005, 12:50 am
I cant give you a picture, but all you have to do is copy the poly, and paste it on itself over and over a ton of times.

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 3:21 am
o - Now i get it, I think. Ill go try that,

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 6:36 pm
Oh, now I know why no one could bring up a pic to help. Alright, I got it down lol. Thought it was something similar, but bleh, thanks for the help.