( search forums )
Only a simple question about Possible Cheating
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Merach
July 12, 2005, 1:53 pm
Hello comerades:
I play Soldat quite often. We know some servers are "bugged" and has a extremally sensitive Possible Cheating Detection...
About this situation I have a question, or more properly a curiousity. I've being detected as possible cheater in some servers, specially on DoG server, eventhought it is one of the best servers I play normally but DoG members are tired of being disturbed to unbann me :P, well, the curiousity is... Why normal peopple, that don't seem to cheat, are detected by this "Possible Cheating Detection System" and real cheaters aren't? I normally see cheaters get out by a cast vote or a flood kick, and mostly it's hard to kick a cheater with a cast vote (or they can join again inmediately). Well only this, Idon't remember a cheater kicked by Possible Cheating Detection, and you?

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 2:55 pm
YEs, a player did "aircheat" and when be kicked

i am ahab
July 12, 2005, 3:02 pm
basically the cheaters have found ways around being kicked for the reasons that the anti cheat system detects. so say they move really far in the air in one second (a speedhack) it would kick them. so they stop that and cheat in some other way (multiknives). whereas lag can make it appear that you are speedhacking. hence you get detected as possibly cheating and maybe kicked. you follow?

FliesLikeABrick
July 12, 2005, 4:30 pm
those servers with the over-sensitive system are probably running an older version of the server, i believe MM tweaked it for 2.2.8 and 2.2.9

Merach
July 13, 2005, 12:42 pm
Thanks comerades

.alex.oner.
July 13, 2005, 8:56 pm
hmm, when i see people speedhacking and such, they never get the 'possible cheat detection', even though i believe this is probably the most popular cheat? (i dont really know :S).. but the only time i have seen the cheat detection work is when people use the infinite knife cheat, as this gets detected almost instantly.. im not sure if some point in the future this would be change to help the 'detection' to be more accurate or not? but i think it would help alot -_-