( search forums )
what are people's thoughts on the AK74?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 8:15 pm
I'm kind of a newb and I don't know if people consider it to be a noob gun or if people think it's bad, or if they think it's godly.

I use it and think that it's really good.

(sorry for having 2 topics...)

Keron Cyst
July 12, 2005, 8:25 pm
It's fine. 9's worse; it fires faster and kills faster, even though I think it has a slightly longer reload rate. I like it :-)

Raptor
July 12, 2005, 8:34 pm
OMG! The AK-74 it's the best weapon in Soldat! I love it and nobody has ever insulted me for using it.

EndertheXenocide
July 12, 2005, 8:39 pm
It's really not all that bad of a weapon. When the version first came out, everyone complained about how it was overpowered. It has slow shots fired so it's not all that big of a threat. I really have no problem about it.

Zero72
July 12, 2005, 8:46 pm
I use it occasionally. I've never heard any major complaints about it, and it's a pretty well-rounded weapon.

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 8:51 pm
It has a well-rounded feel, so I like it, though it is a little bit slow. But I can't really complain. I use it more than #2 and #4 weps anyway.

Boxo
July 12, 2005, 8:56 pm
If you're planning to use it, prepare to get flamed for being a "SPREIER NOOB" and "AK lamer!". Expect people to randomly blurt out "spray" every now and then, too.

IMO it's a nice gun, fun to defend with.

Hoodlum
July 12, 2005, 9:24 pm
Its a whoring weapon as its easy kills.

Also called a "stat whoring weapon".

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 10:15 pm
very heavy and powerful, though personally i prefer socom, ruger, or deagles.

VodkaZombie
July 12, 2005, 10:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by RaptorOMG! The AK-74 it's the best weapon in Soldat! I love it and nobody has ever insulted me for using it.

Its not the best weapon, remember in soldat there is no such thing of this.

Ak is a good all rounded weapon, the slow rate of fire is a con but the power of the bullets make up for it.

You'll get flamed now and then, but that happens with almost every weapon. People get annoyed and just blurt out (Please refrain from swearing) and stuff.

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 10:32 pm
id rather use an fn mini...

depends on your style though

Michal
July 13, 2005, 12:16 am
I find that the AK is actually underpowered. In a large DM it is very good since it's very well rounded with a good ROF, range, and reload time, but the people you are attacking usually don't have full health. But in a small CTF when its mostly players with full health against each other, unfortunatly the AK simply can't do enough damage fast enough.

Fangus Deef
July 13, 2005, 5:46 am
before it was very very very slightly upgraded, it was hella cool to be the only one around using it and not have other people use it just because you were (like minigun <3) but then everyone reads it's slightly more powerful and it's slammed with the 'noob gun' (Please refrain from swearing)ing that accompanies every (Please refrain from swearing)ing gun now.

with that aside, it's the medium. great for assault and chasing. quick kills and long battles. kills quick, fires slow enough to control. not too straight, not too limp shooting. my former fav. <3

Jello
July 13, 2005, 5:51 am
I used to really like the AK because its long range and straight arc made it easy to pick off enemys from a distance. When everyone started using it, it sort of lost its effectiveness in this, and I switched to Ruger, but for a while before 1.2.1 I loved it.

Da cHeeSeMaN
July 13, 2005, 8:38 am
i liked it before it got super damage bullets lol

Zero72
July 13, 2005, 8:50 am
quote:Originally posted by VodkaZombieYou'll get flamed now and then, but that happens with almost every weapon. People get annoyed and just blurt out (Please refrain from swearing) and stuff.
So true. There must be at least one organized hate group for every weapon. =P It's annoying.

vash763
July 13, 2005, 11:11 am
quote:Originally posted by JelloI used to really like the AK because its long range and straight arc made it easy to pick off enemys from a distance. When everyone started using it, it sort of lost its effectiveness in this, and I switched to Ruger, but for a while before 1.2.1 I loved it.

it is the same here, minus the before part. cause i've only played this version, but i have made that switch

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 11:51 am
no not the Ak the steyr aug is better

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
July 13, 2005, 12:13 pm
Steyr is better than AK my arse

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 12:36 pm
Shut up/// steyr is better

Jap_man
July 13, 2005, 1:58 pm
Please don't make this topic into "this weapon is better than that weapon" argument.
Back on topic: Pete 5990, feel free to use what ever weapon you want to use, if you want to stick with the AK, it's your choice. As Vodka Zombie pointed out it doesn't matter what weapon you use, there will be some sore loser who will flame you about your weapon choice. It's best to ignore these people.

pheebzor
July 13, 2005, 2:09 pm
Like a lot of people, I will use it if i feel the need, or if i click the wrong gun in the menu. I like it's large clip (40 i think), and I actually do not find the slow fire rate a con to the AK. I think that it's Similar to the minimi because the clip lasts pretty long so you have a longer opportunity to get that kill. Also it's pretty powerful, so getting that kill isn't that hard. I like it.

Keron Cyst
July 13, 2005, 3:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by -DoA-Pero-SLO-Steyr is better than AK my arse
It really depends on the situation, and it generally has a "lighter" feel, if you get what I mean. It's more accurate ACT, and with the higher ROF & faster reload rate, it's generally more versatile in most cases. Of course, it's not much of a fight for an AK-user with good aim ;-) Like I said before, it really depends on the map & situation.

Zero72
July 13, 2005, 6:56 pm
The Steyr is better for more frantic situations, where the AK is better for more reserved, controlled action.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 7:23 pm
oke
i can use the steyr beetter
all the weapons on soldat are the same goodness

Pathos
July 15, 2005, 4:55 am
I use the AK for longer ranged / aerial battles. Its very accurate and the ruger misses all the time because of lag. Just keep your distance with it and keep a cool head and you can nail anyone. It is still very good in close quarters as well but it just has that edge over other most weapons at distance as you dont have to slow done to aim like the ruger/barrett.

SPARTAN_III
July 15, 2005, 7:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystIt's fine. 9's worse; it fires faster and kills faster, even though I think it has a slightly longer reload rate. I like it :-)

minimi power is 27, ak is 29.

ak is the best weapon, its got the most per-shot power of all autos

Denacke
July 15, 2005, 7:53 am
quote:Originally posted by klinkerhoffen
all the weapons on soldat are the same goodness

If only that was true :(

Zegovia
July 15, 2005, 1:18 pm
In my eyes so is the ak better than the aug, the relative slow rate of fire makes it so that you make each shot count and it has more ammo, the power is self-explanatory............

but i always imagined that the aug has a slower reload speed than the ak, i dunno, maybe its because it has such a fire rate that you get stressed when you reload with it....

-Claw-
July 15, 2005, 3:31 pm
Well, people call it "Easiest weapon on whole game".. But not too many of then can really hit with it properly.. It ain't that easy, to hit 2 rounds of 5..

Ak can take down any semi weapon if semi misses once and Ak hits 90%-100% (Well, it depends on angle and distance..)

And it also has big clip to kill with, and fast enough reload.

But be aware, there can be some players which i will not name now, who can call you a sprayer if you play with Ak, even if you dont spray. (You wont spray, promise it!)

But overall it is very effective weapon, but never, never play with many Ak's in same team, it ruins whole game from everyone. :/

Zero72
July 15, 2005, 8:16 pm
All in all, I'd have to say that the AK is the most neutral and well-balanced weapon in the game. Hell, that's probably the idea.

Goofy_92
July 15, 2005, 9:00 pm
Yeah, Zero72's right. It's just the best and Steyr AUG sucks, also it's annoying when people say that it should be "AK47" instead of "AK74". :\

VodkaZombie
July 15, 2005, 10:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by Goofy_92Yeah, Zero72's right. It's just the best and Steyr AUG sucks, also it's annoying when people say that it should be "AK47" instead of "AK74". :

Do you get it through your head or no? Steyr and Ak are both good, but both of them are best in different combat's and situations.

Zero72
July 15, 2005, 10:16 pm
There is no best weapon.

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 11:21 pm
The Ak is real good on wounded enemies, since it has the most power per shot. Especially if you have minigunners backing you up (actually backing you up not noobing) They can pick at their health and an Ak-74 will easily waste the rest.

Drama
July 16, 2005, 3:26 pm
best, phear muthaphuckas

y0da
July 16, 2005, 3:50 pm
anyway AK & Steyr AUG sux. spray gunzzz ;s