( search forums )
CTF Cemetery (Under Construction...)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Raptor
July 12, 2005, 8:32 pm
CTF Team Wars
--Under Construction--
Hey! I'm making a map called CTF Cemetery and I need somebody to help me with making scenerys. Just send me a PM and I'll tell you what scenerys to make.

Boxo
July 12, 2005, 8:35 pm
Wrong section, someone move this to Map Ideas or something.

grand_diablo
July 12, 2005, 9:45 pm
done

Goofy_92
July 12, 2005, 9:46 pm
Uhh... How about a screenshot of the map?

Keron Cyst
July 12, 2005, 11:08 pm
What's wrong with just telling us what scenery you want right here? :-/

Raptor
July 13, 2005, 8:28 pm
I need tombs, crosses, dried trees, a little and black fence, those things (I don't know the name) that say R.I.P, and some statues.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 10:44 pm
You mean tombstones?

Raptor
July 15, 2005, 12:36 am
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideYou mean tombstones?

Exactly! and also! I need small bushes.

Avarax
July 15, 2005, 6:01 am
might this help?

[IMAGE]

(right click -> save as)

Goofy_92
July 15, 2005, 10:19 am
Hmm... Go to Google's image search and search what you need and resize them. ;)

Raptor
July 15, 2005, 6:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by Avaraxmight this help?

[IMAGE]

(right click -> save as)

Yes! It will work! And I'll not search in google because I don't like to.

EDIT: I still need the list of things I mentioned above.

DeMonIc
July 15, 2005, 7:41 pm
If you can do it yourself, than why are you asking others to do it? Don't be so helpless. Besides, we've seen nothing so far out of this map, you just 'tagged' the name.

Raptor
July 18, 2005, 6:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcIf you can do it yourself, than why are you asking others to do it? Don't be so helpless. Besides, we've seen nothing so far out of this map, you just 'tagged' the name.

I CAN'T DO IT! I only need someone to help me with the scenerys! I've tried to make them, but it can't...

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of the map:

[IMAGE]

rabidhamster
July 18, 2005, 8:19 pm
heh, reminds me of some of my first maps... only one route, perfectly symmetrical... NO OFFENSE OR ANYTHING, these kinds of maps have something special about them...

DeMonIc
July 18, 2005, 9:25 pm
Woah man.. I think you got it wrong: don't whore the same layout with all your maps. That lump is present in both your last maps.. try something new for heavens sake, or you'll be written down as a mapper fast.

Hoodlum
July 18, 2005, 11:17 pm
Cemetarys don't usually have a big hill in the middle.. :\

Raptor
July 19, 2005, 12:36 am
I'll put a big cross at the top of the mountain (the one Avarax gave me), and I'm not a mapper fast. I'll try to make something different next time.

DeMonIc
July 19, 2005, 10:08 am
Here's an idea for you: make the hill less steep and high, and connect it with other smaller hills: make another layer of ground and colour it's top green, place grass (shaded for nighttime). Put a curvy tunnel in the elevated hills you placed, so you have 2 real routes. Don't center the map around one piece of scenery: really use google image search for finding some nice gravestones. Use the scenery layers nicely and fill the map with both gravestones and grass, maybe some bushes.

Another idea would be placing the flag behind the spawn points a bit, so the gameplay would be harder, more like on kampf.

Raptor
July 21, 2005, 4:53 am
WOW! Thanks for those suggestions, I definitively agree with you! I'll make those changes :D

Raptor
July 26, 2005, 10:14 pm
Here's a screenshot of the new map.

[IMAGE]

What you all think?

KeFear
July 26, 2005, 10:30 pm
You need a crematory or something. Make it less symetric, and put some nice sceneries on it :) As demonic said, use google image search for nice gravestones. Don't forget about the greenery too (trees, bushes and such) Put some stars on the sky too :)

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 12:58 am
looks good but my opinion would be to put the spawn points on top and the flags on the bottom.

mar77a
July 27, 2005, 9:41 pm
I think you have to add a way to interact between the low and the top route, because the map is very big to have only 2 routes or 2 1/2....