( search forums )
Soldat Media - evolution?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
DeMonIc
July 12, 2005, 9:32 pm
Hey there, ho there, I'm back from Italy, and in two weeks time, I could think, about a lot of things. I'd like to share one of my 'visions'.

The past months have somewhat proved that exposing Soldat to the Media is not a very wise decision.. swarms of newbies emerged from nowhere, most of them quit after a month or so.
But Media makes the world go round.. so why not apply it for Soldat? Before anyone starts screaming, I don't want Soldat on great PC magazines.

Here's the plan: We got like, what, 2 soldat radios at the moment? An E-zine that died out? Come on people. We can do better than that. I see Soldat Radio, covering cup and league matches, heck, even live reports! An E-zine that doesn't die.. there are endless options, and there are a lot of people that would put their skill to use, they only need to be asked.

This is just a cry for attention: do not let Soldat Media get extinct.

Goofy_92
July 12, 2005, 9:54 pm
Commercials on TV? Nah, I dunno what to do to spread Soldat.

Boxo
July 12, 2005, 10:08 pm
Goofy, you didn't really read his post, did you?

The idea's good, but the community is too small for there to be a point for something like that, IMO.

VodkaZombie
July 12, 2005, 10:34 pm
Exposing soldat to the media such as magazines and commercials couldnt be such a bad idea. When your dealing with the media, well you need to put a lot of money into it and i'm sure Michal Marcinkowski wouldnt be able to afford it just for getting people to recognize soldat. Many big time companies such as EA Games, Ubisoft, Activision, and Sega..if they do find out about soldat, could do whatever they can to get their hands on it. That means making soldat an fps game.

STEELIX
July 12, 2005, 11:00 pm
That's bullcrap, how would soldat stand out from anything in first person.
Nobody's interested in buying soldat, duh.
The e-zine... Well, it's just very difficult to keep anything with deadlines alive without knowing the people you're working with in person. You'd need to have over 50 people at least working on it to get a minimum of articles...

Hoodlum
July 12, 2005, 11:15 pm
How about we hook a banner on the back of a plane and fly it around the whole world? Huh huh? Yeah I know I suck.

VodkaZombie
July 13, 2005, 12:28 am
quote:Originally posted by STEELIXThat's bullcrap, how would soldat stand out from anything in first person.
Nobody's interested in buying soldat, duh.
The e-zine... Well, it's just very difficult to keep anything with deadlines alive without knowing the people you're working with in person. You'd need to have over 50 people at least working on it to get a minimum of articles...

Why dont you just say bull(Please refrain from swearing). It was just a thought, and certainly nobodys keeping you back from saying what you think, so you dont have to be so negative about other people. Also, if soldat gets bigger and bigger, meaning a more growing community people will start to get interested in it.

DeMonIc
July 13, 2005, 9:59 am
I'm quite depressed here, seeing as some people either didn't read the topic, or just didn't understand what I meant.

Soldat getting exposed to the normal media may kill it: swarms and swarms of noobies, CS happy players and so on would cramp the forums and the games. That's possibly the worst nightmare of a public server visiter like myself.
What I meant was improving the inside media. Like having an english speaking international radio, or more e-zines, more coverage on tournaments and leagues, more more more..

Chakra`
July 13, 2005, 10:28 am
Blimey.. even I understood what Demo was on about .... how bloody stupid are you guys?

Plenty of other games have radio stations, with player's as DJ's, music, and information on whats going on.
E-zines go without saying.
Fansites are abound everywhere for so many games.

..this is what Demonic wants for Soldat. Got it?

STEELIX
July 13, 2005, 10:29 am
I was just commenting on the stupid kid, demo. ;)

Ok
July 13, 2005, 11:04 pm
Great idea, but I say use the media to better the situation!!!
You say exposior causes swarms of newbies flooding us?
I say lets make those noobs better, lets make the whole community better :)
I say live radio shows, not about covering games, not news, littiraly make a soldat channel (radio wise) have programs on it, hosting progams where you have guests.
Discussion programs when a group of player discuss certin subject related to soldat (maybe the general public can suggest topics for discussion).

Use this great tool to make things better, use it to give other roles models of how to behave and how to be better at soldat.

Think about the possibilities!!!

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 11:58 am
soldat radio??? what how where?

Avarax
July 14, 2005, 12:30 pm
I have brought Soldat to the german tv show "Giga". a german allstar match was broadcasted on Giga Esports and the moderators really liked it. Also i imlemented a soldat dm 1on1 ladder in the "Giga Liga", a league like the ESL. BUT i must say those Giga kiddies are the biggest noobs i've ever seen. they dont only suck on playing the game, they seem to have no brain, they think when they accept a match, soldat automatically starts and joins some server where he meets the other guy and when the match ends they think the "system" automatically figures out who won the match -.-

sry for bringing Soldat to Giga, it made it popular, but german servers are flooded by noobs now :/

EDIT:

Here's a video off Soldat in that TV Show, it's in german but it's cool :) thanx to dragonhit for recording it.

[URL]