( search forums )
-[`boxes v2.2 [REG]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your 1337 interfaces!
MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 12, 2005, 10:06 pm
`boxes v2.2
by MikeShinoda

As some of you may know, I used to have an interface called `boxes. This is a second version of that theme. I was trying to go for something a little "different" than most current interfaces. The jet/ammo/health/fire bars go up and down on their little 45 degree angle in their boxes. Everything has a transparency setting of 200. I also made a version that doesn't have the outlining boxes for the bars. If someone wants that, just say so. Not much left to say here. I hope you like it.

Screen:
[IMAGE]
Download:
http://ww2.u13.net/host/mikeshinoda/interfaces/boxesv2/boxesv2.zip

Update (v2.1)
The update makes the interface somewhere between 50 to 75 percent smaller. I also moved a few of the objects on the screen around to make it more compact.

Screen:
[IMAGE]
Download:
http://ww2.u13.net/host/mikeshinoda/interfaces/boxesv2.1/boxesv2.1.zip

Update (v2.2)
The update makes the status bars shorter in length, and aligned with the top of the grenade boxes. The fire bar is shorter, so it will be in scale with the other bars. I made a new cursor, menu arrow, and player aarow. They are all 3d box-like. I changed the ping box so that it shows color. The screen is separate, because it's a full ingame shot. I wanted to show the true size of the interface.

Screen:
http://ww2.u13.net/host/mikeshinoda/interfaces/boxesv2.2/1.PNG
Download:
http://ww2.u13.net/host/mikeshinoda/interfaces/boxesv2.2/boxesv2.2.zip

Note: You can still download v2 and v2.1 if you like them more.

Keron Cyst
July 12, 2005, 11:11 pm
I don't know why I never thought of making an int. like that before. That's awesome ('nade boxes could be a bit smaller, tho').

Boxo
July 12, 2005, 11:17 pm
Boxes :O

This is lovely!

Hoodlum
July 12, 2005, 11:28 pm
Awesome but I am pretty stupid so I would end up getting confused.

_Mancer_
July 12, 2005, 11:40 pm
I like it but it seems too big?

mar77a
July 12, 2005, 11:46 pm
Good idea but i agre with Mancer...make it a bit smaller please!!

0xSilentx0
July 12, 2005, 11:52 pm
How the hell!@!!

Hoodlum
July 13, 2005, 12:06 am
It seems like it would cover up some stuff in the map so thats not to good make it a bit smaller.

MisterX
July 13, 2005, 12:09 am
Hehe, very nice idea for the bars :) Looks very good, although I wouldn't use it. But I agree with the others: if it should be used, then it should be smaller.

N1nj@
July 13, 2005, 12:16 am
Good job, I like it. And I also agree with the others, it should be smaller, maybe half of its size right now?

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 12:28 am
nice one, but i agree with everyone else. btw, what mod is that?

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 13, 2005, 1:09 am
I really didn't expect anyone to like it. I guess I will make it smaller. About one half the size it is now. Hopefully I will be able to do it by tonight.

quote:Originally posted by aznbl00dnice one, but i agree with everyone else. btw, what mod is that?

That mod is my Cel-Damage mod. It can be downloaded at www.sf.u13.net

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 1:19 am
thanks. and nice site, btw.

Messiah
July 13, 2005, 3:19 am
Its nice, jjust to big for my liking.

N1nj@
July 13, 2005, 4:13 pm
I still think it's a bit too big. Like the size of it is good, but the bars are too long IMO.

and a little suggestion, maybe you could make the cursor, arrow and stuff 3D-ish too like u did with the bars

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 13, 2005, 8:13 pm
Yeah, I thought about the 3-d cursor and arrow. The cursor might get confusing, but at the same time it might look cool. I guess i will try them out.

N1nj@
July 14, 2005, 2:05 am
another suggestion, in case if you are gonna shrink it down a bit, can you make it so that it aligns with the height of the grenade bar?

and maybe fill the lag dot in with white or shades of gray, so instead of just changing in size, it also has the colour effect.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 14, 2005, 4:38 am
Alright, I will shrink the length of the bars down to be even with grenades. I also already did the ping color effect thing.

N1nj@
July 16, 2005, 12:59 am
any updates coming? Can't wait any much longer :P

Zero72
July 16, 2005, 1:50 am
It's very clever and cool-looking, but I think it would be a little too big and/or distracting for actual use. Nice, though.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 16, 2005, 2:57 am
I will put an update out tomorrow. Does the interface just look big in the picture that I put in the first post or have you actually downloaded the interface and tried it. In my opinion it is pretty small to be an interface. Just wondering. Maybe you should download it and try it first. But wait for the update tomorrow. It will be cooler. 3-d over person arrow, cube cursor, colored ping box, and the bars will be aligned with the grenades.

N1nj@
July 16, 2005, 3:47 am
Well, I've been using this since the smaller version came out, and I still think the bars are still kinda big, well, not big in size, but in the length. But the grenade boxes are fine the way they are. Can't wait for tomorrow updates.

On a side note, remember the discussion you and me had on msn about making a soldat site together, well I am interested now since I have nothing to do at home in the summer, go on msn sometimes and we can talk about this more

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 4:46 am
this is kind of off topic, but what are those HOT guns in your sig, mike?

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 16, 2005, 5:04 am
They are my hot mod plans. (I'm trying to get people interested) I always make interface first, seeing as it's the thing that I am best at and those are a few of the new guns. You can pretty much forget my snafu mod if you were looking forward to it. I just dont have the time to do a whole mod. I never feel like I am making progress when I keep taking breaks. I plan to release individual guns so people can make their own weapon mod combinations. I will probably start my own individual gun's thread in mods section. Of course all my weapons will be on my soldatfiles site. I'm working on that mac-10 right now. Ninja, I already made that site that i was wanting to make. It's called soldatfiles. www.sf.u13.net I really need to start advertising that site more...and put more stuff on it.

Zero72
July 16, 2005, 5:47 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixI plan to release individual guns so people can make their own weapon mod combinations. I will probably start my own individual gun's thread in mods section. I'll definitely check that out. They look kickass.

N1nj@
July 16, 2005, 6:56 pm
I DEMAND TEH INTERFACE NOW! =P

MisterX
July 16, 2005, 8:28 pm
I just don't really understand why the health bar is the list visible one. Shouldn't the health bar be the first of the bars? :) Just a minor thing for sure.

[Edit]
Now that I've played a bit with the interface, I must say that it looks really cool, better than I thought. I guess making it wasn't too difficult, but the idea... very nice! :D I could even imagine using it now. But I guess I'll stick to my own simple one :)

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 16, 2005, 9:04 pm
Yay, another person actually tried it! The reason that the bars go in that order is because its the order that the layers go in interface maker. It is impossible to put the health image on top of the others. Thats something that I would like in the next int. maker. I would like to choose layers so i can put the health bar on top.

MisterX
July 16, 2005, 9:18 pm
Oh, didn't know about that. Weird :o But I'd say this isn't too important, since there aren't to many interfaces that would make use of such a function I guess.

Maxx
July 17, 2005, 2:35 am
I'm using your celdamage mod right now, and this goes really good with it.

I don't think it's too big.(I downloaded the smaller one)

I've gotten used to it, and I like it; although I'll probably only use it with the celdamage mod.

Great job.

SPARTAN_III
July 20, 2005, 2:44 am
is it possible to make an unreg version?

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 20, 2005, 1:50 pm
I don't think the unreg will look very 3-d, but I might try anyways...

July 20, 2005, 1:56 pm
it feels rather confusing.

N1nj@
July 20, 2005, 2:26 pm
What is so confusing, 117? Maybe we can clear it up for you?