( search forums )
Soldat Log Voyager - With StatsChart
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
DePhille
July 12, 2005, 11:33 pm
Soldat Log Voyager
Latest Version: 1.0 Public

Download v1.0 Public: [URL]

Update: The links to the extra files are all working now.

Benefits:
-Only program that features a KD graph
-Most features
-Cool skin
-Fastest Parser
-Small program

Features:
-Graph your KD
-See if you are improving or not (Graph function)
-Extremely fast parsing.
-Doesn't crash on log bugs.
-Select your logsfolder , wherever it is.
-Select the logs to be parsed (great for clanwars).
-Global stats , see how other players play.
-Extended player stats.
-Extreme Ratio's , compare everything with everything.
-Multiple nicknames.
-Exclude nicknames (f.e. exclude bot nicks or 'Soldier' nicks).
-Nice Look (i hope :) )
-See what weapon you are most comfortable with.

Screenshots :
-View your KD in a graph:
Screenshot: [URL]

-Select the logs you'd like to parse:

-Select your Logs folder , wherever it is:

-Extremely fast parsing:

-Global weapon usages / suicides , extremely handy if you want to compare yourself with others or if you want to see what weapons are used the most.

-Extended player stats. Get all the statistics that you generated during gameplay. Discover your best combo!

-All possible Ratio's , compare every possible value with every possible value.

-Nicknames , very handy if you played with more than one nickname or if you would like to exclude someone's nickname (f.e. 'Soldier')
Also , fine-tune your graph settings to avoid getting 'false peeks'

Known bugs + solutions:

Error: You need to register/get components , blabla:
This is because windows-controls where used in this application. This is the most common error in VisualBasic applications.
These controls where used and work fine , download and replace your controls (BACKUP THE EXISTING ONES!) with these up-to-date ones:
-URL:http://mr.netpub.org/SLV/debug/MSCOMCT2.zip - MSCOMCT2.OCXWindows Common Controls-2 V6.0)
-URL:http://mr.netpub.org/SLV/debug/MSCOMCTL.zip - MSCOMCTL.OCX (Windows Common Controls V6.0 Service Pack6)
-URL:http://mr.netpub.org/SLV/debug/TABCTL32.zip - TABCTL32.OCX (Windows Tabbed Dialog Control 6.0)
-URL:http://mr.netpub.org/SLV/debug/SHDOCVW.zip - SHDOCVW.DLL (Windows Internet Controls)
-URL:http://mr.netpub.org/SLV/debug/MSCHRT20.zip - MSCHART20.OCX (Windows Chart Control)
To avoid system errors , backup your existing file and then replace it with the above. Only download and install components when the program returns an error about THAT SPECIFIC control!.

ANY comments , suggestions , ... welcome!

Grtz , DePhille

mar77a
July 12, 2005, 11:40 pm
Woa, really amazing, it's it really fast, i like it...good job...

One suggestion: remove the logo, it just won't fit, replace it with one that is simple and plain...

Hoodlum
July 13, 2005, 12:05 am
Ehm its decent but I like the other Soldat Log better.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 12:30 am
good job. normally i dont bother with fan apps, but this is nice (along with soldat polyworks of course).

DePhille
July 13, 2005, 7:54 am
mar77a: yeah i'll see if i can design the rest a bit because right now it's a bit plain. Otherwise i'll just make a simple logo like u suggested

Hoodlum: Can you tell me why? i could improve mine then , that's what the Pre-Release is for ;o

aznbl00d: Heh thx ^^ :)

Grtz , DePhille

Swebonny
July 13, 2005, 8:11 am
WHOoooooaaaa Man this is so damn nice !!!

DePhille
July 14, 2005, 10:33 pm
Ok mar77a i added some design to it. I hope u ppl like it because it took a long time to re-arrange all objects and to create the images.
Anyway , i can make it a skinnable program if i want. i just need to know if it is used or not.

Grtz , DePhille

.alex.oner.
July 15, 2005, 12:11 am
wow! nice!
simple, quick, and easy to use.. i cant think ofany things that could be added, mabye most played on server? (if you can do that of course - witch i really have no idea)

anyway, great job!

DePhille
July 15, 2005, 9:31 am
Thx,
I think that the suggestion about how long you played on each server is possible. but the problem is that you'll have to let the program run togheter with soldat. Soldat client(when you join a game , soldat server = when you make a game) overwrites logs/ConsoleLog.txt everytime you restart Soldat. If i create a program that's capabale to parse and backup the ConsoleLogs and you people let it run while joining and playing on servers i could get stats like Fav. Gamemode , friends network , fav. Map , avg. ping , Favo. Team , ...
Let me know if you people would let the program run when playing soldat if i could provide such stats then.

Grtz , DePhille

-Claw-
August 2, 2005, 1:09 am
hmm, i need to register/or get some components to get it to work on winME... at least MSCOMCTL.OCX

Anyway, i would like to see a graph which shows kills for months, weeks, days, average kills in months, weeks, days.. also same for deaths; if i had vb, i would try o make one, but i think i would fail :P

E: Oh, i saw your last post.. that would be cool if you could make such stats..

Could you make sth like Killed by <number> of different people and Killed <number> different people

DePhille
August 2, 2005, 9:06 am
Ok Claw , i did some thinking about those other stats.
I'm going to make a whole new program for it since it requires a whole new code etc.
and about that MSCOMCTL.OCX , thats the most common error a vb application can have. MSCOMCTL.OCX is a control provided by windows , but it is very buggy , i'll try to have a look if i can remove it from my app. and make my own MSCOMCTL.OCX that does the same.

I added the suggested graphs to my to-do list , i'll include them i n my next version.
I also added the killed <number> diffrent people etc. to my ToDO list.

Grtz , DePhille

i am ahab
August 2, 2005, 10:20 am
interesting bud. a good well thought out take on a theme thats been visited before.

im curious what did you use to do the gui?

DePhille
August 2, 2005, 1:06 pm
I used just picture elements for all the pictures(that's why it is so big , it has a hell lot of max. quality pictures in it. The coding is mainly on-click events to change the button graphics etc. the coding wasn't too easy but VB does a great job :) .
i made all graphics with photoshop , it took me 30min/45min to make them all (photoshop CS owns :p).
Thx for the nice comment :)

Well i already made a stats program called soldat manager 2.1 , but that code was kinda slow and not so bug-free as this one.

Grtz , DePhille

Felix
August 2, 2005, 1:42 pm
How the (Please refrain from swearing) do you install it ? -.-

DePhille
August 2, 2005, 2:02 pm
very simple , extract the files to where you want , but make sure all the files are in the same directory.
*Added installation instructions ETC. in the zip as a README.txt file*

Grtz , DePhille

Felix
August 2, 2005, 2:10 pm
That's what I do, but i get an error message, and there's no instruction.

DePhille
August 2, 2005, 3:23 pm
redownload it , it should work.
BTW: what error do u get?
File not found or something abot a .OCX or .DLL file?

Grtz , DePhille

Felix
August 2, 2005, 8:54 pm
(it's in french :s)

Somethin like I need somethin else

-Claw-
August 2, 2005, 9:37 pm
hmm, how did you get rid of the line bug on soldat logs? i had some problems with it :I

mar77a
August 2, 2005, 11:14 pm
Awesome, looks great now, cept for the graphic buttons <_<

FliesLikeABrick
August 3, 2005, 12:21 am
Claw, to get rid of the line bug you can compare the number of timestamps to the length of the file (lines), then if it doesnt match like it should, you step through the file and make sure that each date stamp is at least 3 lines apart, if it isnt, then you delete everything between the timestamps (that are too close together) and delete one of the timestamps.

I think that dephille picked this algorithm up from U13SSS if that is what he used, otherwise i'm not sure

-Claw-
August 3, 2005, 1:25 am
Oh, i used way to compare weapon and timestamp, if weapon was timestamp then dont count last 3 lines, and continue from timestamp.. i think it still has some problems, tho :/

Blackdavis
August 3, 2005, 11:06 am
quote:-URL:http://mr.netpub.org/SLV/debug/MSCHART20.zip - MSCHART20.OCX (Windows Chart Control)

I have the bug but the link doesnt work :s

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 9:46 am
simply put, that was awesome. It was very informative, and the graphing system was very cool. 10/10, keep up the good work. The only problem I had was updating the windows controls things. It was a real pain, and may turn off many users. Besides that, I loved it.

GAMEOVER
August 5, 2005, 3:58 pm
Can you include the needed .OCX control either in the download or under a seperate link under your original post?

DePhille
August 6, 2005, 10:38 pm
quote:
Claw, to get rid of the line bug you can compare the number of timestamps to the length of the file (lines), then if it doesnt match like it should, you step through the file and make sure that each date stamp is at least 3 lines apart, if it isnt, then you delete everything between the timestamps (that are too close together) and delete one of the timestamps.

I think that dephille picked this algorithm up from U13SSS if that is what he used, otherwise i'm not sure

I made another program not-related to soldat that used the split() function in VB. (it was a function to read/write .ini files).I then came to the idea that the split() function would work bugless with soldat logs and thats one of th main reasons i made this prog.
I 'splitted()' the log with with the delimiter set to "---" , then splitted every entry with delimiter vbcrlf (aka new line). if that last array only counts 3 (Timestamp/killer/victim , or w/ever) it will skip that entry , knowing it's a log error.

Dunno how you do it in U13SSS , but i certainly didn't get it from there.

quote:
Can you include the needed .OCX control either in the download or under a seperate link under your original post?

-> also to all others having problems with the OCX files.

I know , those OCX files are a real pain in the ass , i'm finding out how i'll fix this cause it's kinda a windows/VB related error , it's mainly caused by differing operating systems etc.
I could include the OCX files yeah but that makes the zip 3-5Mb , and the app is only 134 atm i guess , so thats kinda useless , i rather post them separeted from the program itself.

Grtz , DePhille

Damn Straight
September 19, 2005, 11:08 am
To all those having trouble with the link "http://mr.netpub.org/SLV/debug/MSCHART20.zip"

follow this link... [urlhttp://mr.netpub.org/SLV/debug/MSCHRT20.zip[/url]

should work...

DePhille
September 19, 2005, 3:53 pm
Hmm thx Damn Straight.
I didnt see the extra A i typed :/ lol ; im getting blind :P.

Gortaak
September 22, 2005, 9:12 pm
ok, does this work with 1.3? and where are the logs? i cant find any logs to parse so i cant get this working. thanx for any help

DePhille
September 23, 2005, 5:33 pm
It should work with 1.3 .
The logs are situated here: (C:\)Soldat\Logs\Kills
The part between () is the location where you installed soldat.
You do have to enable logging to be able to use the log progam: Open Setup.exe in your soldat folder and Enable logging.

Grtz ; DePhille

xtishereb
October 13, 2005, 3:11 pm
This thing is really cool. Thanks to it, I found out my ratio of MP5 kills to Barrett kils.

I still camp in bot games, whatcha gonna do about it? Ban me from my own offline server?

Nah, this thing is still the best log reader I've seen. I could've used this for an 8th grade project of mapping statistics.

DePhille
October 14, 2005, 4:51 pm
:)
Thanks for the nice comment.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
October 19, 2005, 10:53 pm
omg i cant calculate stats, like i press calculate and it says "pelase add logs to log peaise list" and i dont know how the *uck i do that!!!

DePhille
October 20, 2005, 3:45 pm
Ok;
First you get this window right? the two lists aren't filled in , i know.
Screen: http://mr.netpub.org/SLV/screen_b1.gif .

Click the '...' button and browse to your killlog folder. usually this is c:\soldat\logs\kills
Screen: http://mr.netpub.org/SLV/screen2.gif .

Then the left list of the main screen (http://mr.netpub.org/SLV/screen_b1.gif) , is filled up. Now you need to put the desired logs from the left list to the right one. If every log is good simply click the '>>' button in the centre of the two lists. If you only need a few , select one and click the '>' button to put that specific log in the 'Logs to Parse' list (the right one).

Now you need to click calculate to calculate the stats.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
October 20, 2005, 11:19 pm
uuuuuuuuum there are no kill logs and how do i make them....

DePhille
October 21, 2005, 3:56 pm
Ok, i think you need to enable logging first:

1) Browse to your soldat folder (Usually c:\Soldat\) and open the Config program.
2) Select the 'Performance' tab and enable File Logging at the bottom-right.
3) Close and save

Now when you played a game , the logs will be there. Then you can use the program to calculate the stats.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 9:30 pm
ok i got it...:P cool stats maker

DePhille
October 21, 2005, 10:23 pm
Thx ^^ :)

Deleted User
October 22, 2005, 1:21 am
ok i got another problem...i have kill log 1 and 2 in the parse side and i press calculate, but when i do nothing happens..........!!!

DePhille
October 22, 2005, 10:07 am
Oh i think the parser parsed your logs so fast that you couldn't see it parsing (the Process window appears and disappears too quick).
open the settings tab and uncheck 'auto-Close process window when parsing is done'.
(http://mr.netpub.org/SLV/Screen_c5.gif)

It could also be that your nickname isn't exactly correct.
For this you also need to be in the Settings tab. in the list where it stands 'Your soldat nicks:' click on the add button and type your soldat nickname EXACTLY ( It's CaSe sEnSiTiVe!). also make sure that the 'Excluded Soldat Nicks' contains the names of players you don't want to include in your stats (If you killed an excluded person , your kills will not increase).

Grtz , DePhille

nfsjunkie91
December 5, 2005, 11:07 pm
sorry for posting in an old topic but...

i keep getting a "runtime error 13 type mismatch"
i have 1060 logs, and ti doesn't seem to be hanging up on any particular one... do u think u could help me out here?

DePhille
December 6, 2005, 2:55 pm
No problem for the old-topic revival.
Err at what log does it stuck? if you find it E-Mail the log to DePhille@GMail.com , also , you can send alot of logs if you don't find the perticular one ,I've got GMail , room enough.

Grtz , DePhille

nfsjunkie91
December 6, 2005, 7:27 pm
heh, ive got 1060+ logs, when i get home ill zip and send

DePhille
December 11, 2005, 9:25 am
Well , just send those where you think the error is in.

Grtz , DePhille

Xanthophobia
February 8, 2006, 5:39 pm
is it just me, or does this app miss out the last entry of every logfile? I compared it's results with my own stats calculator (which gets the same results as SK SolStats), and it ended up with 69 less kills and 12 less suicides... I had 81 logfiles, and I manually counted the final entry in each logfiles... and yes, 12 of them were suicides.

Forgive me if this is already common knowledge :>

Notkeiran
February 14, 2006, 4:47 am
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/4215/error2ne.png

This is the error I got.

-VzX- Silverflame
February 14, 2006, 2:57 pm
Notkeiran, it would help if you read the first page :D

DePhille
February 14, 2006, 5:21 pm
Dunno the bug about the logfile skipping, though it very possible since I could've easily typed '1' instead of '2' making it skip the first or last logfile, I'll check into that.

Notkeiran: You have the Pre-Realease , download the new version and the components are installed automaticly.

Grtz , DePhille

Xanthophobia
February 17, 2006, 8:14 pm
it doesn't miss any logfiles... it reads them all, but it seems to leave out the very last kill entry from each logfile.

DePhille
February 18, 2006, 11:16 am
Oh that's also possible for the same reason.
I did check the logfiles and indeed , it doesn't miss a logfile but I didn't check for the kill paesing yet , I'll do that soon.

Grtz , DePhille

Stealth870
March 7, 2006, 1:50 pm
Hey, your program looks interesting but I can't get it to work...

I grab some logs, and I see them under "Logs to Parse"
I add some nicknames of people that I play with on my server (do characters like ; or spaces affect anything)
And calculate and I see the parser process go. It says:

Parsing log 131 of 131
Kbytes Parsed: 2527
Entries Done: 49373
Time Elapsed: 1 seconds
Remaining: 0 seconds

So I assume it has calculated everything fine, that's a lot of entries. But I press Close and there aren't any stats in the program...wassup?

DePhille
March 7, 2006, 3:48 pm
Very strange :O.
Try selecting some other logs or leave some logs out.
It may be a problem with a log that causes the program to crash (Though it should say it crashed and it should atleast give 1 kill).
Also , check if there isn't something strange in the "Excluded Nicknames" list.

Grtz , DePhille

Stealth870
March 7, 2006, 5:02 pm
Nope...nothing, tried many different logs, one large log, a lot of small ones, with and without "Excluded Nicks" (where I used Major as the only one) and it still won't generate anything for me :(