( search forums )
DM_Final Showdown
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 12:45 am
Another map ive been working on, it was just an idea that occured to me and i thought why not?

Basicly, 2 people will slide down these long slopes, until they're launched into the air at eachother, and try to shoot eachother before they both fall into the deadly pit. I thought itd be a nice map just to have, and fun to play around with.

Theres only a few errors in it, the pit has to be made a little bigger, still deciding whether or not to put the spawn points ontop of the rocks or directly onto the track. Scenery and such additions can be added later - although i tried to shade everything a bit, just that I want to know how it looks and how you think it will work out.

(Crappy quality image, I apologize)

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 2:22 am
Sounds fun.Would suck with more than two people,and the novelty would run out fast,but still,could be good for some cheap laughs.
Reminds me of the matrix when they jump at eachother in slo-mo both shooting and narrowly missing eachother.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 3:33 am
Yeah, thats what its intended to be. I just *had* to make it and try it out. Its not finished, but I just wanted to hear a few comments and suggestions, and maybe someways to make it look better.

karmazon
July 13, 2005, 4:00 am
haha sounds great, i like unusual maps

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 4:14 am
Wow, this map is great. Me and my friends frequently attempt the same thing on top of ctf_death with chainsaws. This will make it much easier.

rabidhamster
July 18, 2005, 7:26 pm
they're team spawn points, right? it wold suck if they were player spawn points, because then the two players could spawn in the same place...

Raptor
July 19, 2005, 12:48 am
I like this map a lot! but you have to remember the... ... ... Campers... ... ... campers will not slide down, instead, they'll shoot you while you are sliding down and they'll not move from their places unless you decide to camp too.
But the map is good, I suggest you to make a wall in the middle of the map to prevent camping.

Morik
July 20, 2005, 12:33 am
yea a wall would be nice, to prevent campers. Its a good 1:1 teammatch duel map.

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 1:59 am
Thats what it was meant to be - a 1 v 1 dueling map. Camping, would totally ruin the concept and the purpose of the map, which is why you dont duel campers with this map.

Im sorry that I havent been able to work on and improve it more, im tied up with other maps that ive been working on - and with that i havent been able to effectively test this map with another person, so any feedback on how well it works with 2 people going down the hill and jumping at eachother would be great. :D