Okay, so we were playing Battlehill and I am in the Bravo base using my LAW/MORTAR technique. So I set a bullet flying over the hill to the enemy base not just randomly, but using the skills I got from worms to calculate where the bullet will land. Okay, so I kill this guy, cool. But yet again, another bullet falls down from the air and kills me. And that bullet was shot by the guy I just killed. Good moment, I'll say.
Woah. Well, something like this happened to me on 1 on 1 match. We both had barrets.
And when we ran into each other, we shot each other simultaneously. In the head.
Barretguy: nice shots!
This is why I truly love Soldat.
Yeah.....Me and my friends were playing on Equinox I think law only and we couldnt leave our base lol......Good times...
I have nice memories from ctf_Equinox. I use to camp next to the enemy flag, in the corner behind those boxes.
Once, I was camping with LAW in there and enemy flag was returned. One guy just respawned in front of me, so I blasted him to hell. I grabbed the flag.
| [FIN] Fluffy
| F11: No F12: Yes
I didn't even get kicked, but soon I left the game because I was so pissed off.
Whiners = newbs
Newbs = 95 percent nowadays
Fluffy, you arent exactly much less of a newb yourself by camping next to the flag.
thats no newb in that, its just waiting abit and using a little bit of strategy, instead of just rushing up in a "honorable fashion", whitch reques no brains, just physical skill, often i wait in the screnery behind enemy spawn- pints in ctf_viet, and wait for the enemies to leave, and then i fetch the flag, with no actual opposition but stray shots...
Well sorry then, I can't see it's a crime if you stay in the same spot for 15 (Please refrain from swearing)ing seconds.
If you really think it's that bad, then why don't you (Please refrain from swearing) off this thread?
only noobs are spineless enough to spawn kill but if you camp for a few seconds to kill the flag carrier thats ok, soldat isn't a tactical heavy game. it's not realistic, it shouldent be, it'sa run an gun game, not a sit and wait invisibly behind scenery like a wuss game. nobody will whine if nobody camps.
15 minutes? Wow, uber camper nub. Well, I wont continue insulting since thats against the rules, but imo camping takes the least skill out of any tactic. Name any other that you feel takes less skill then sitting in 1 spot and clicking people to kill them in 1 hit. Id LOVE to hear it.
But to stay on topic, me and a freind were playing on my one map mortaring eachother with laws. It was rather interesting because EVERYTIME wed hit eachother dead on at the same exact time. Good fun.
I said seconds, idiot. But I taked that as a joke.
I'm not even a regular camper. I just took the chance.
So if you think it's ''stupid'' and ''noobish'', it's called whining.
C'mon, flame me now, as I camped for mere seconds.
Sometimes you can use other weapons for air attacks too. Minigun makes a good bullet rain, but it is pretty "noobish" and "laggy". But sometimes in the same Battlehill I have used pistol, shotgun, automatic weapon (I don't know the smart names), to kill an enemy which is hiding behind the scenery in front of me. They are waiting for backup, and I am 100% dead if I try to rush through or jump over, so I use this smart tactic - bullet rain, but only in close distances. Law in far distances.
Ive done bullet rains with deagles before...gotten lucky and killed the same guy 4 times at ctf_maya doing that lol.
FLUFFY IS TEH DAVID HAXXELHOFF! BASED ON HIS RIVETING, HIGHLY DETAILED STORIES, HE IS ACCOMPLISHING IMPOSSIBLE FEATS, LIKE SHOOTING PEOPLE WITH THE BARRET! Now, the real reason it's funny is because he is the author of this anti-"noob" thread, yet he seems to exemplify everything he wants to discriminate against.
CAMPING IS NOT NOOBISH!!!
its just another tactic!
and btw, ppl can actually see you when behind scenery, its just to have the little amount of brains requiered to scan the scenery with your mouse pointer, and if u know there's a camper nearby, you can (Please refrain from swearing)ing dodge, or scan the scenery.
you obviously dont have the brains to do this... :@
Fluffy, you're an idiot. Camping next to the enemy's flag is just lame and annoying.
They normally shoot you from across the screen, before you can even move the mouse.
"Hmm, there's a guy. I'm going to wait for him to scan the scenery". Doesn't happen.
Well, if you want to start on how noobish camping is, there IS a thread elsewhere on it....wasnt it closed or something? I havent checked. Avenger, heres somethings you should take into mind when you're face to face with a camper.
1) If you dont know hes there, you will NOT notice him instantly - especially if hes behind scenery.
2) Hes talking about ctf_Equinox...that cramped room is VERY hard to dodge barret shots, if even possible.
3) Camping is noobish...its the least skilled strategy out of any - Even chainsawing is tougher. And anyways, Barret is the most used weapon out of any. A majority of the "newbs" choose the barret because its technicly the strongest weapon and the easiest to use. And do you know what they do? They CAMP because thats what their logic of sniping tells them to do. Its easy, effective, and by far NOOBISH.
4) A shot from the barret is INSTANT and 80% of the time perfectly STRAIGHT. Its pretty much click on the guy to kill him - he has no time to react with that.
Wow...this got off topic quite fast.
Hmmm...barret is a sniper, right? Right. Snipers are ment for camp-like combat, right? Right. Of course, you MUST camp with the sniper, becouse that's what it's ment for. But there are 3 types of camping - camping, noob camping and spawn camping (almost same as noob camping actually).
1) Camping - run, hide in good position, camp for 15 secs, run to different position, covering your team as your view distance is further.
2) Noob camping - just sit in one place (usually base), trying to kill everyone who comes close, not even shooting in the distance.
3) Spawn camping - camp in a very far position, so you can shoot enemies base spawn points horizontally. You must shoot and let the screen follow the bullet. When you get the right position and have good timing, you can make uber spawn kills with this, just by pressing a button, what is even more interesting, that when sniper bullet shoots very far away, it can bounce, and a bouncing sniper bullet in enemy base - very deadly. Of course, if you do it for the whole game - noob. If you snipe like only for some 10 secs, and get triple with one shot, then go further with your team - pro.
Barret = noobish. Hands down. By far the most rediculously easy weapon there is, and my opinion stands as the most newbish weapon of them all. Its there, go ahead and use it, but ill always consider them noobs.
First: I didn't use barret, I used LAW.
Second: I didn't knew that I will be flamed because of my post. I shouldn't have posted it in the first place.
Third: I don't know if barret is really that ''easy-to-use'' and ''noobish'' weapon. Think about the reaload time. I can easily kill an enemy or two in that time. But forget about it.
Fourth: I'm sorry if I angered you because of my post. I've accepted camping in Soldat a long time ago. I'm not even a camper, I just felt like it would be a good idea to stay in that corner.
Fifth: How the (Please refrain alalalaaLALALA) did this thread turn off-topic so damn fast?
Sixth: Let's forget about this all, ok?
Thats what I attempted to do, oh well. Just saying the barret is noobish, its my opinion. Continue with teh law stories.