( search forums )
New weapon ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 1:36 pm
Hey guys, this is a first post for me, so tell me what you think::

Here are a few suggestions for some new soldat weapons, tell me what you think on them. I also think that a secondary weapon mode should be added.

Clairion/famas:a bullpup wep(see "steyr aug")that would have two modes of fire, automatic, and burst.

M16/M4A1:Basic United states millitary weapon. The secondary would be to add a silencer.

Defender/Galil:a smaller rifle, that shoots fully automatic 35 shots,stronger then the mp5, weaker then the aug, but shoots faster and less accurate.no secondary mode.

New primary/secondary pistols:a Glock: small pistol that has a semi auto and burst feature.

P90:A smaller gun from belgium, that has 50 rounds, thats full auto.same speed as minigun, but less power.

These are all i have for now, But PLEASE PLEASE add some more ideas.. Thanks!

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 1:50 pm
Sounds dumb...

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 2:26 pm
Ahem...no.

Swebonny
July 13, 2005, 4:51 pm
Every thing is from Counter Strike.

I think so

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 4:58 pm
hmm well, some of those weapons are from cs, but why dont you like it? give me some suggestions?

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 7:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowAhem...no.
Actually it is. They're all autos, except for the Glock. I would feel very stupid if there would be 7 autos at total. Think about it.

UltraMagnus
July 13, 2005, 8:17 pm
the P90 would be usefull, but their really not needed, i would much prefer to just be able to compleatly edit the weapons

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 10:41 pm
Actually i like the idea. but you need more "new" weapons. know wat I mean?
like... an m4 with primary bieng auto and secondary is a grenade launcher

rabidhamster
July 13, 2005, 11:05 pm
the next major soldat version wouldn't add another auto. there's enough already.

plus, secondary mode? no weapon has had that before... Michal would have to add a lot to soldat to get that feature.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 11:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Fluffyquote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowAhem...no.
Actually it is. They're all autos, except for the Glock. I would feel very stupid if there would be 7 autos at total. Think about it.

I was refering to the suggestion. And, on your topic, I think Glock does make an auto pistol.

SPARTAN_III
July 14, 2005, 1:47 pm
i would prefer some kind of 3 round burst weapon.

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 6:00 pm
an uzi secondary would be better

rabidhamster
July 14, 2005, 7:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by dascooan uzi secondary would be better

an uzi? how does that look next to a socom?

Fangus Deef
July 15, 2005, 12:16 am
what's that matter?
we dont need more automatics, we got plenty.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 15, 2005, 12:34 am
I think it would be cool to have new weapons, but at the same time it would make everything that much more complicated. Just think about that.

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 2:57 am
an uzi that takes half the magazine to kill somebody...adds more variety

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 4:58 am
i think it would be cool if michal implemented the secondary feature thing you said like making the fire burst to automatic on some weaps

kylerlandry
July 15, 2005, 5:08 am
P90:A smaller gun from belgium, that has 50 rounds, thats full auto.same speed as minigun, but less power.

....less power than minigun? Thats stupid it's been proven that it can pierce 48 layers of kevlar....even the non AP rounds for it can pierce kevlar...

As for new weapons I would say M8 (not an XM8 because the x refers to eXperimental which it is not/will not when it is in use)

Or the M29 if you want multiple fire modes(full auto and grenade maybe?)

or the FN SCAR....you could have a change weapon configuration mode that would change it from a 5.56 to 7.62 (more power, maybe change damage from steyr to a little above the AK) at the cost of say 10 bullets and reduced firing speed. Also it would take twice as long as the barret reload(time between 2 shots) to change configs... so pretty much it's

5.56 version

pro: fires as fast as steyr

con: less power than AK

7.62 version

pro: a little more power than AK

con: only 20 bullets

Or(getting tired yet?) a mix between barret and ruger (been suggested before I think) but having less power than ruger, maybe just a little less powerfull than deagles but having a little more sight(scope power) than normal...An SR-25 maybe

OR! A NEOSTEAD it's a shotgun that looks like (Please refrain from swearing) but it's awesome. It has 2 different loading tubes that can be filled with 2 different types of ammo(say slug and buckshot)

pro: 2 different types of ammo slug for mid-long engagements and buckshot for CQB

cons: maybe run as fast as when you have a flag and taking longer to reload if you shoot both magazines.

or maybe that's all just wishful thinking

SPARTAN_III
July 15, 2005, 2:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Beheader
Defender/Galil:a smaller rifle, that shoots fully automatic 35 shots,stronger then the mp5, weaker then the aug....

the mp5 is stronger than the aug, so a weapon cannot be stronger than mp5 but weaker than aug.

READ THE (Please refrain from swearing) MANUAL PLEASE!

0xSilentx0
July 15, 2005, 3:02 pm
Just use a mod...

mickle89
July 15, 2005, 4:44 pm
I hate these weapon changes and ideas threads. Weapons are absolutely perfect.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 3:08 pm
It's good like this.

Captain Ben
July 17, 2005, 2:37 am
The only new gun I want is a harpoon cannon!

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 3:05 am
harpoon canon...lol....underwater harpoon canons for the underwater swimming michal implemented in 1.2.2..lol

Green Barret
July 17, 2005, 3:14 am
quote:Originally posted by BeheaderClairion/famas:a bullpup wep(see "steyr aug")that would have two modes of fire, automatic, and burst.

Defender/Galil:a smaller rifle, that shoots fully automatic 35 shots,stronger then the mp5, weaker then the aug, but shoots faster and less accurate.no secondary mode.

Where the hell did those names come from? You Counter Strike nerd. Really, these suggestions are pointless.

Also about the Glock: there several versions of it, including version G18c which can fire full automatic bursts. At least say what version you are talking about.

quote:Posted by kylerlandry P90:A smaller gun from belgium, that has 50 rounds, thats full auto.same speed as minigun, but less power.

....less power than minigun? Thats stupid it's been proven that it can pierce 48 layers of kevlar....even the non AP rounds for it can pierce kevlar...

Just because the gun can pierce Kelvar doesn't mean it has more stopping power. Compair a 4.7mm round to a 9mm round. The smaller 4.7 can go through objects(such as armor) more easily, but the larger 9mm would be more damaging. Think of it as a surgeon's knife vs a hammer.

And the other posts you made are based on pure speculation. Relearn your firearms.

sbu-spyvin
July 17, 2005, 3:42 pm
just give me a automatic Shotgun, Uzi's, M4a1, Famas, And a real rocket launcher as Prim weapon!

grand_diablo
July 17, 2005, 4:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by BeheaderHey guys, this is a first post for me, so tell me what you think::

Here are a few suggestions for some new soldat weapons, tell me what you think on them. I also think that a secondary weapon mode should be added.

Clairion/famas:a bullpup wep(see "steyr aug")that would have two modes of fire, automatic, and burst.

M16/M4A1:Basic United states millitary weapon. The secondary would be to add a silencer.

These are all i have for now, But PLEASE PLEASE add some more ideas.. Thanks!

no more automatic guns. thank you.

Scuba Steve
July 18, 2005, 8:51 pm
i think it would be nice to add a glock as a secondary too but thats about it.. and keep the socom still

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 5:05 pm
Sawed off shot-gun for secondary with 2 shots? The pellits would have a much wider spread than the Spas but it would also have half the range? A reload about on par with the deagles?

lastpatriot
July 20, 2005, 5:11 pm
The only thing I like is the secondary mode. You choose "secondary mode" in the secondary weapon menu, and when you press "change weapon"(period for me), it changes modes.

a-4-year-old
July 21, 2005, 12:12 am
MOD not new weps!

person
July 21, 2005, 12:33 am
I reckon... It could be useful to have a rifle (maybe replace the minimi, which is already similar to the AK), which has a grenade launcher underneath which you use by pressing E, and it fires a rebounding (just like usual thrown nades) grenade immediately in the direction you're aiming.
Oh and yes, these would use up the grenades you pick up from the map.

As for the rifle, make it really inaccurate and not powerful, but has an awesome rate of fire and large clip (ie. 60 rounds). Also, the bullets travel fairly straight, which would help differ it to the HK.

Setaz
July 21, 2005, 12:54 pm
Hmmm...

Super machinegun: added nitrox oxide(for faster moving with it), mega cluster bombs as secondary fire, flame thrower, mines, predator mode for 1 minute... and a big sandwich with ham and cheese!... ur ideas suck!!! GEEK!

Deleted User
July 21, 2005, 5:16 pm
Yeah.

And a plasma gatling, too.