( search forums )
Law Back Blast
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Cybersaint2k
July 13, 2005, 1:49 pm
quote:Weighing 2.37-kg (5.2 pounds) complete, the LAW was designed as a discardable one-man rocket launcher primarily for use as an anti-tank weapon. In Vietnam however, the LAW was used almost exclusively as a bunker buster or for attacking entrenched enemies. When carried, the smooth-bore launcher tube was carried closed, and was watertight. In action, the end covers were opened by removing safety pins and the inner tube was telescoped outwards. This cocked the firing mechanism. Held over the shoulder, aimed by the simple sights, the weapon was fired by pressing the trigger button. The LAW Fired a 1-kg rocket to a maximum effective range of 300m. The rocket motor was fully burnt out by the time it left the launcher and resulted in a large back-blast danger area behind the firer.

I offer that the Great MM give the Law a back blast area of 3-4 body-lengths. This would be more realistic, plus would give the ability for double kills with this weapon with a combination of close-range enemies to your rear and long-range to your front.

In order to not make the back-blast too powerful an offensive advantage, it should be 100 at very close range, backing down to 25 at its edge.

What do you folks think?

Flakmagnet

damnnation
July 13, 2005, 1:59 pm
i like this idea verry mutch, BUT if you shoot UP what happens then eh? you het killed urself...

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 2:24 pm
Hmm...nah. Soldaten are pretty much super soldiers (I mean, jumping that high, huh?). Plus, lotsa people would be kicked cause of teamfrags.

Michal
July 13, 2005, 6:04 pm
Backblast has been suggested before. But I think it's a good idea, although it could cause some balance issues.
I think it would be cool if the backblast could set people on fire.

wunderbear
July 13, 2005, 6:59 pm
Ohyesohyesohyes!!! Please do this!!

I love rocket effects. (my favourite weapon in UT2004 is the Avril, simply for it's rocket trail. FOOSH!!)

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 8:19 pm
Hmm , I like it.
BUT ppl will use it on close range [for example : camp in start of tunnels...] but that only in realistic mode I think...

UltraMagnus
July 13, 2005, 8:19 pm
i prefer the redeemer in ut2k4...

anyhow, this would be good, but it would only work if there was a slight delay in firing for the LAW

Zero72
July 13, 2005, 8:47 pm
I like this idea. If nothing else, it should be done for cosmetic reasons, at least.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 9:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by DairyHmm , I like it.
BUT ppl will use it on close range [for example : camp in start of tunnels...] but that only in realistic mode I think...

i agree with dairy...it should only be in realistic games...otherwise that would be an awesome idea

Avarax
July 13, 2005, 9:46 pm
i luv this idea, the law is still slightly weaker than knife in my oppinion.

Goofy_92
July 13, 2005, 10:31 pm
This is a realistic idea, also the M72 LAW is disposable. (you can only use it once)
Or was it?

rabidhamster
July 13, 2005, 11:15 pm
i think it's an awsome idea.

when you shoot the law, the back-blast shouldn't harm the operator.

it shouldn't kill, it should just set people on fire and have the damage of one flamer "shell"

SPARTAN_III
July 15, 2005, 2:30 pm
^^ that about sums up what i was going to say. plus, it should be affected by the FF option. noo FF - no teamkilling backblast.

Keron Cyst
July 15, 2005, 4:55 pm
I like rabidhamster's idea of how it'd work. And @Goofy_92, it has a 10-second reload rate (the only weapon you can't reuse is the Combat Knife, if you throw it) ;-)

Goofy_92
July 15, 2005, 6:31 pm
@Keron Cyst
I meant that M72 LAW is disposable in real life. My idea was that to make it disposable.

Zero72
July 15, 2005, 9:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsteri think it's an awsome idea.

when you shoot the law, the back-blast shouldn't harm the operator.

it shouldn't kill, it should just set people on fire and have the damage of one flamer "shell"
Completely agreed.

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 4:53 am
I think it should do instant kills with the back blast. And as for teamkillings, teammates should learn not to stand directly behind them.

Zero72
July 16, 2005, 4:56 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenI think it should do instant kills with the back blast.
I can see it now.

"fuxign gey lawtard"

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 6:21 am
Sounds good, doesn't it?
Not to mention how high and far it would blow the bodies back!

Goofy_92
July 16, 2005, 9:42 am
Double kills with LAW. One dies from the backblast, other gets a rocket to his face.

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 11:36 am
Sounds good to me. It would help compensate for the long arse reload.

Keron Cyst
July 16, 2005, 7:27 pm
But I can't see any point in using the rear exhaust aside from killing an enemy right next to you without comitting suicide as well.

Or is that the point? :-P

sbu-spyvin
July 17, 2005, 3:47 pm
That would be nice.

Like if some1 stands behind your fire his legs will burn off and he dies :)

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 3:55 pm
Having the LAW create a recoil when u fire it is kewl idea...but if u want ur guns to work normally... the actual LAW doesn't have a "back blast", it is open on both sides so all force exerted goes out the back of the launcher... making it easier to aim as it is being fired.

numgun
July 18, 2005, 5:15 pm
hmmm... many are having metal slug sprites as their avatars...
anyway i support the back blast idea! this way u could kill soldiers at short range without doing kamikaze law attacks to blow urself too! :D

lastpatriot
July 18, 2005, 5:15 pm
This is good, but only in realistic mode, where people are more cautious and controlled.

I can see what happens in an FF INF: "Hey, uBeRHaXoR, watcha doing, shooting at brav-*you have killed AlfredAshford* YOU DAMN LAWTARD!"

Keron Cyst
July 18, 2005, 8:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by numgun... this way u could kill soldiers at short range without doing kamikaze law attacks to blow urself too! :D

But that's awesome! :-P

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 9:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dilla_IncognitoHaving the LAW create a recoil when u fire it is kewl idea...but if u want ur guns to work normally... the actual LAW doesn't have a "back blast", it is open on both sides so all force exerted goes out the back of the launcher... making it easier to aim as it is being fired.

Pretty much known as a back blast. Or recoil. What this topic is about is not about the force, but about the heat and blast from the rocket damaging anyone behind the rocketeer.

Yin_Starrunner
July 19, 2005, 12:42 am
ya lets do what we do with all crappy ideas and put it in realistic mode!

WHOOOOOOOOOO!

Denacke
July 19, 2005, 12:55 am
As someone mentioned, This would create heavy balance issues again. Law is already one of the most powerful weapons out there, no need for this extra imo.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 2:49 am
back blast is ok in my opinion. just for the look of it. however, I dont think it should deal damage, as accidential teamkills made will skyrocket.

Captain Ben
July 19, 2005, 7:10 am
But think of the humor!

Green Barret
July 19, 2005, 7:27 am
Humor... this idea might be funny but it's pretty useless in my opinion. If you can get that close a knife or a chainsaw would do much better. This would creat more annoyances(teamkilling, slowing down anyone behind you etc.) than being useful.

Captain Ben
July 19, 2005, 10:30 am
Yeah, I suppose. I magine facing off a law user with a knife. They'd turn around and let a rip!

Keron Cyst
July 19, 2005, 5:19 pm
That brings up another thought: how big exactly is the back blast?

Da cHeeSeMaN
July 19, 2005, 5:31 pm
yeah setting them on fire sounds better!

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 9:20 pm
I like the back-blast idea!! Why not put it in 1.2.2 It would be a simple code to make, plus, it would satisfy all those people that want it! (like me) All I see are pluses in this idea, I mean, no one I know of even uses friendly fire so why not have back blast?