( search forums )
Sava 0.21 (former SVGtoPMS) RELEASED!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
Aquarius
July 13, 2005, 2:49 pm
Sava 0.21 (SVG to PMS converter)

New version released on 15 August 2005

Now you can simply draw your Soldat maps! This application can convert Scalable Vector Graphics into PMS files (Soldat maps). You can create SVG graphics in many vector graphics editors: Inkscape (free / open source), Illustrator (commercial), Corel Draw (commercial), etc.

To use it, draw a map in a vector graphics editor and save it as SVG. Then convert it in Sava. All shapes and paths will be converted into polygons and saved as PMS. Read manual for more information.

Visit Sava homesite and get it!

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 13, 2005, 3:37 pm
Is this the thing that you used to make that map with all of those swirls?

Aquarius
July 13, 2005, 4:00 pm
Yes, but it was completely rewritten since I released the map.
Now it is MUCH more powerful, many SVG features are not supported yet, though.

chakapoko maker
July 13, 2005, 4:14 pm
Great job! ;D
Now I've converted one made by Incscape into pms, and it works well. I guess it'd be a way of mapping in future... though I haven't got a enough way of split. Needless to say, a bouncy poly is generated as well as people do but it can be handled with layering and hands. There's few bounce, less than what I expected. Useful.
I'll use it more.

Note:
-Background color doesn't apply before it's compiled.

y0da
July 13, 2005, 4:42 pm
prawda wyszla na jaw :D
you little cheatah ;)

Aquarius
July 13, 2005, 4:46 pm
y0da I had this idea for a looong time, but I created this program during the last week... I wasn't "cheating" with my earlier maps :P

quote:-Background color doesn't apply before it's compiled.
Yeah, I know. It will be fixed when I will add map compilation to the converter.

zoldat
July 13, 2005, 6:23 pm
and there are no bugs iven with small polys???

Aquarius
July 13, 2005, 6:39 pm
What kind of bugs do you mean?

As long as the shape (path) is convex, there is no bugs in the poly placement, no matter how small it is. Not all concave shapes can be converted correctly at the moment, so sometimes it's easier to split such shapes into a few convex shapes in the SVG editor. Here is an example:

[IMAGE]

A tiny, complicated shape will be converted into a lot of small polys. Soldier standing on something like this will bounce of course, it's a Soldat bug, I can't fix it.

UltraMagnus
July 13, 2005, 8:23 pm
sounds cool.

hmm, my PCB designer program can make SVG files :D

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 8:42 pm
:OOOOOOO

sorry, but im a n00b with svg. first of all, can you post a link of where i can download a program that makes svgs?

Aquarius
July 13, 2005, 9:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by aznbl00d:OOOOOOO

sorry, but im a n00b with svg. first of all, can you post a link of where i can download a program that makes svgs?

This one is free: http://www.inkscape.org/

Goofy_92
July 13, 2005, 9:11 pm
Smooth... I'm gonna kill you Aquarius. Dziekuje bardzo. :P

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 9:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquariusquote:Originally posted by aznbl00d:OOOOOOO

This one is free: http://www.inkscape.org/

thanks a LOT. *goes and downloads both programs*

edit: paint shop pro can do it too...?

editedit: I LOVE YOU!!!11

DeMonIc
July 13, 2005, 9:30 pm
Remind me, why aren't you praised by hundreds of bald religious fanatics? Cause you should be.

This is sheer awesome. D/l.

Aquarius
July 13, 2005, 9:37 pm
quote:edit: paint shop pro can do it too...?
No, PSP is a raster graphics editor, not vector graphics editor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vector_graphics_editors

Keep in mind SVGtoPMS is at the *VERY* early stage of the development and far from being finished (SVG specification is huuuge). Report bugs with .svg file attached and information about editor used.

Vijchtidoodah
July 14, 2005, 3:04 am
I. Love. You.

You've just made my day. Seriously. Have my babies.

Edit: Holy (Please refrain from swearing)! There are just so many things you can do -- save portions of a map like Mitzi's old mapmaker, rotate areas, infinite editability, scale the size of portions of the map, templates for polygon scenery, placing images into maps through bitmap tracing!

I LOVE YOU.

.alex.oner.
July 14, 2005, 3:21 am
this looks great, but, i cant use it :/ i have no idea why, i try to run it, but it shuts automaticaly in less then a mili second.. the 'example' seems to work ok, but other then that.. :S
im not sure if this is because you have only released this to show what is can do with the example?

bah humbug :(

mar77a
July 14, 2005, 3:40 am
Mmm, anyone can do a good map with this great (Please refrain from swearing)! Well done, now we have competition for Polyworks :P

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 4:58 am
quote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.this looks great, but, i cant use it :/ i have no idea why, i try to run it, but it shuts automaticaly in less then a mili second.. the 'example' seems to work ok, but other then that.. :S
im not sure if this is because you have only released this to show what is can do with the example?

there is a trick: rename your .svg file to "Example" and run example.bat.

Aquarius
July 14, 2005, 4:59 am
quote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.this looks great, but, i cant use it :/ i have no idea why, i try to run it, but it shuts automaticaly in less then a mili second.. the 'example' seems to work ok, but other then that.. :S

No no, it works with every SVG file, but you have to run SVGtoPMS program with a parameter, otherwise it will try to compile with the default settings.

For example:

SVGtoPMS /L drawing

...will convert drawing.svg into drawing.PMS. If you don't know how to run programs with parameters, right click Example.bat and choose "Edit". Full list of parameters is in SVGtoPMS.txt. I'll make a GUI in the future, but right now it's not a priority for me.

quote:Originally posted by mar77aMmm, anyone can do a good map with this great (Please refrain from swearing)! Well done, now we have competition for Polyworks :P

It's not a competitor, because SVGtoPMS is not a standalone map editor. You will need PolyWorks or MapMakerPlus to finish your work (sceneries, spawnpoints, wp, colors, settings etc) anyway.

Vijchtidoodah
July 14, 2005, 10:03 am
I tried to make a map and it got to the sixth polygon, then freaked out on me and closed. Do the shapes need to be simple to work? I also didn't use a single line -- it's all fill -- is that the problem?

.alex.oner.
July 14, 2005, 10:18 am
ok, ive found out how to do things, not sure if its the right way, but it works, i did right click > edit on the example .bat and changed 'Example' to the svg name that i wanted to convert, then i ran the example.bat and it converted it -_-

thanks for the help!

Aquarius
July 14, 2005, 10:30 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahI tried to make a map and it got to the sixth polygon, then freaked out on me and closed. Do the shapes need to be simple to work? I also didn't use a single line -- it's all fill -- is that the problem?

Could you send me the SVG file ( aquapl@o2.pl )? I'm not a fortune-teller, you know :P

Vijchtidoodah
July 14, 2005, 10:46 am
Erm...I already deleted it. It was just some random picture I got off the internet and then traced in inkscape and finally tried to convert it with your program.

Aquarius
July 14, 2005, 10:54 am
Yeah bitmaps traced in Inkscape don't convert well. I'll investigate it.

Aquarius
July 14, 2005, 11:16 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahErm...I already deleted it. It was just some random picture I got off the internet and then traced in inkscape and finally tried to convert it with your program.

OK, I've found the problem. It happens, because after you trace a bitmap in Inkscape, all created paths are combined into one huge <path> object with many subpaths. Right now SVGtoPMS doesn't support combined subpaths, so you will have to break it into separated paths, before you convert it. It's simple:

After you trace the bitmap, select the traced image, go to the Path menu and choose Break apart (in Inkscape).

Vijchtidoodah
July 14, 2005, 12:10 pm
Thank you.

Hoodlum
July 14, 2005, 4:11 pm
Ah a friend of mine needed something like this.

I shall let him know about this app.

rabidhamster
July 14, 2005, 6:10 pm
i am now going to write a short song about SVG2PMS...

...maybe not.

my point is, OH MY GOD.
that's all.

PopeJohnPaul_II
July 14, 2005, 11:17 pm
Very very impressive. I've always loved to use Inkscape. First got into it when I was experimenting with linux and trying to find a replacement for Illustrator. SVGtoPMS ought to make things infinitely easier.

Out of curiosity, what did you write this in? After working on the two previously mentioned bugs, you might be able use a gui and Explorer semi file-association (Ability to right click on an SVG file and "Convert to PMS").

Boxo
July 15, 2005, 1:33 am
This program is just too awesome. It'll change the way I make maps, at least.

Seriously, this owns.

Incredible.

WONDERFUL!

Aquarius
July 15, 2005, 9:53 am
quote:Originally posted by PopeJohnPaul_IIVery very impressive. I've always loved to use Inkscape. First got into it when I was experimenting with linux and trying to find a replacement for Illustrator. SVGtoPMS ought to make things infinitely easier.

Out of curiosity, what did you write this in? After working on the two previously mentioned bugs, you might be able use a gui and Explorer semi file-association (Ability to right click on an SVG file and "Convert to PMS").

Well, Adobe Illustrator pwns every other vector graphics editor IMVHO, but Inkscape is the best free alternative anyway...

SVGtoPMS is written in FreeBASIC.

The idea to have "Convert to PMS" in the context menu is very nice, but I can't do it at the moment, simply because I don't know how (I would have to use Windows API and I don't know anything about it) and because it means I would have to make installer/uninstaller. It's not a priority for me at the moment.

But in the next version I will add ability to drag&drop svg files on the SVGtoPMS.exe icon to convert it.

rabidhamster
July 15, 2005, 3:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by PopeJohnPaul_IIVery very impressive. I've always loved to use Inkscape. First got into it when I was experimenting with linux and trying to find a replacement for Illustrator. SVGtoPMS ought to make things infinitely easier.

unless you really don't understand how to run a non-gui application, SVGtoPMS is fine the way it is.

a quick question aquarius- whenever i make a SVG file in inkscape, completely out of rotated ellipses, SVGtoPMS doesn't work. it says, "0 polygons." why? (PS the circles are filled)

Aquarius
July 15, 2005, 4:15 pm
quote:a quick question aquarius- whenever i make a SVG file in inkscape, completely out of rotated ellipses, SVGtoPMS doesn't work. it says, "0 polygons." why?

Right now SVGtoPMS doesn't support the elliptical arc curve commands in the <path> element. I didn't notice Inkscape uses it to create circles... the command is rarely used in other programs. I'll add support for this later.

If you want a circle, open the Example.svg made by me and copy the circle from the file. The circle doesn't use the unsupported command.

Fill/stroke color doesn't matter, BTW.

PopeJohnPaul_II
July 15, 2005, 6:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by rabidhamster
unless you really don't understand how to run a non-gui application, SVGtoPMS is fine the way it is.

Just because it's a good program doesn't mean there isn't need for improvement. The smallest changes tend to make the greatest impact.

rabidhamster
July 16, 2005, 6:10 pm
i don't know. i like SVGtoPMS as a DOS program, it feels like the old days in rvglue (http://www.re-volt.com/).

<beginning to go off topic, ignore>
it's a shame that game died. there were an outrageous amount of DOS programs that would let you do virtually anything.
<done rambling>

if anyone wants aquarius to change it, be my guest, but i'm still keeping v0.1.

Athreyu
July 22, 2005, 3:04 am
i need that prog, anyone has? the link is broken

Aquarius
July 22, 2005, 6:50 am
It's not broken. Copy the address, paste the address into the address field and press enter. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll fix it with the next release.

miky258
July 22, 2005, 1:38 pm
Can u give me a link of Incscape? U said that's free...

Aquarius
July 22, 2005, 1:51 pm
Yes, but some things don't convert well when made in Inkscape, for example circles. It will be fixed in the next version. Anyway:

http://www.inkscape.org/

-Claw-
August 2, 2005, 1:34 am
omfg, i love you! ;)

This app definately owns all others! ;D

_Mancer_
August 2, 2005, 2:12 am
This program will inspire me to make maps again.

1 question:

You can also make vector shapes in Adobe Photoshop and save the paths as an .ai file or as an svg ( I THINK)

Will it work the same?

Oh and I still dont understand the convex/concave shape thing.. the diagram you showed confused me.

Aquarius
August 2, 2005, 7:17 am
quote:You can also make vector shapes in Adobe Photoshop and save the paths as an .ai file or as an svg ( I THINK)

I'm not sure if Photoshop can save SVG. But if you can save the paths as SVG, it should work. Saved as AI it won't work, because it's a completely different format.

quote:Oh and I still dont understand the convex/concave shape thing.. the diagram you showed confused me.
SVGtoPMS converts shapes/paths to Soldat polygons (triangles). Any shape/path may have convex and concave angles. Convex angle is curved outward. Concave angle is curved inward. Right now only convex shapes (shapes without concave angles) are guarateed to be coverted correctly. Concave shapes usually don't convert well, because the converting function I wrote is, well... very primitive.

[IMAGE]

The shape on left will be converted well. The shape on right *might* be converted well in some cases, but usually it won't (because the concave parts will be "filled" with polygons).

However, there is a trick: you may make any concave shape using many convex shapes. And the previous diagram, which you didn't understood, shows the trick. If you split a heart shape (heart is concave, because it has a concave angle) vertically into 2 parts, you will get 2 convex shapes, which will be always coverted correctly.

In the next version you won't have to worry about this, because it will convert practically *any* shape (even the most complex concave shapes) properly. I don't know when it will be ready, but the next version will be a huge step forward.

Cookie.
August 6, 2005, 7:17 am
This is awesome!!! I also had a similar thought to this once to make a program that could convert teh pictures to polygons. I figured it would be much to hard though so i gave up on that :( However this is AWESOME!!! I'm so glad that you managed to make this work :D

This program will be a significant step for the mapping community I think.. or at least hope :D

Aquarius
August 6, 2005, 7:45 am
Thanks Cookie.
SVGtoPMS 0.1 has many quirks, but your words encourage me to work harder on the next version :)

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 8:18 pm
this is a dream come true! cant wait to try it :)

EDIT:

Cool I got it working...

What do you guys use for a scale?

I use Edit Pro, and usualy turn on the grid to 25 units... this is about the height of a charictor...

Do you guys use some kind of refrence point in Inkscape? TIA :)

Aquarius
August 7, 2005, 8:10 pm
Hmm... I've never heard about Edit Pro. Could you post a link to a web site of this program?

About the reference point/scale:

In Adobe Illustrator I set document size to 640x480 pixels. It's the size of one Soldat screen. This is my "reference point".

If the converted map is to small or to big, I simply go back to SVG and rescale it. It's very easy to select all objects / rescale (at least in the SVG editors I know), so it's not a big problem...

Vijchtidoodah
August 7, 2005, 8:16 pm
Doesn't your converter have a scale option anyway?

Aquarius
August 7, 2005, 8:35 pm
Yes, but IMO it's more convenient to rescale it in an editor, because you see the result right away.

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 11:17 pm
Thanks...

Check out Taco pack 2 inthe new maps forum :)

it was totaly designed in inkscape and ported over with this fine utility :)

Thanks again for this...

as for the scaleing, I am useing inkscape.. i use a a4 landscape form, and a /r 3 commandline switch for the scaleing, makes a nice sized CTF map 8).

seeems like the default grid is set to about 20 soldat units... so that is what i am going to use for now on... hope this helps other inkscape users...

Ummm... let me think... in Linux i have seen a few other editors for SVG... some of them have windows ports... alll are free, most open source...

Sodipodi- I dont like this program... it is a fork from inkscape...

Scribus- supports SVG export, if you want to make a map out of a buisness letterhead or something...

Sketch- like most german things, this is designed well, and lots of cool tools :)

ksvg- for KDE desktop... only install this if you are board.

BMP2SVG- a Linux command line way to convert bitmaps to SVG... in most debian based distros.. also seen it in gentoo and mandrake. better than inkscap bmp converter IMHO. automaticaly simplifies the shape so as few points as possible are used.

well, thanks again! i am off to mapping greatness with this tool!

every convex shape I made came out PERFECT!... only 1 bouncy poly in the whole map, and it was from a concave shape :)

Circles dont port over from inkscape for some reason... squares dont port over with rounded corners either..

but all beizer curves work verry well,

Wish Blender had a SVG exporter, blender has a verry nice beizer curve/circle nurbs circle/curve editor :)

anyways, thanks again for this nice tool 8)

I am going to install debin on my dads laptop, and try to get soldat working again... I like the idea of developing video game content 100% in linux.

ramirez
August 8, 2005, 5:07 am
Personally I don't make maps, but I just have to comment on this tool.
This is seriously one of the best Soldat tools I've ever seen, very, very nice job. :D

AdamD
August 8, 2005, 5:09 pm
This has just made my day. I'm gonna test it out and check. Hopefully this will save ALOT of time making maps.

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 5:59 pm
saves me lots of time :)

I can have a map sketched out in about 2 hours... then it is all about painting it in polyworks...

I find inkscape, and just the beizer tool an awesome combination!

Look for the sticky thread in the NEW map section of this forum... the top 3 maps I did with inkscape and SVGtoPMS 8)

one tip:
Load the map into mapmaker, or mapmaker plus and compile it/save it, before you bring it over to polyworks...I did not get 1 bouncy poly in the last 2 maps I did 8)

This Rocks 8)

Aquarius
August 13, 2005, 7:20 pm
quote:Look for the sticky thread in the NEW map section of this forum... the top 3 maps I did with inkscape and SVGtoPMS 8)

I love the maps :) This is great, someone besides me think this tool is useful 8)

quote:This Rocks 8)

Thanks! The next release will Rock :]
Right now I'm testing it and adding the last fixes/features. If everything goes well, it will be released in a few days, so stay tuned :)

I'm really excited about it myself ^^ Just look at the screenshot: coverted in the next version :>

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 7:39 pm
omg omg OMG!!

did you make so we can port concave/non convex shapes?

also, are Colors porting over now? if so this will save me lots of time...

I see the birth of the "cartoon charictor, map pack" comeing soon 8)
be fragging on snoopy and garfields head 8)

keep up the good work, and let me know if you need beta tester..

cooz
August 13, 2005, 8:32 pm
good goood really GOOD work Aqua, just keep it up.

Anna
August 13, 2005, 8:34 pm
Awesome :D

GAMEOVER
August 13, 2005, 8:38 pm
WOW dude thats amazing keep up the good work aqua, cant wait for this to be released.

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 9:08 am
i think Sloppy was talking about the map editor wich meitzi or what was his name made,
the source is on the soldat homepage

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 12:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by AquariusJust look at the screenshot: coverted in the next version :>

**** me.

That's incredible!

cooz
August 14, 2005, 7:50 pm
Aquarius, how many this little tygrysek has poligons?

Aquarius
August 14, 2005, 9:38 pm
Sava 0.2 has been released. As you can see, I changed the name of the tool, but it's not the only change ;]

@cooz: about 1300, if I remember correctly.

quote:did you make so we can port concave/non convex shapes?

also, are Colors porting over now?
Check it yourself ;)

quote:Sava 0.2 (14 August 2005)
-------------------------

Settigns:
- it's possible to drag&drop a SVG file on Sava.exe icon to convert it
- all Sava settings are stored in INI files
- new convertion settings: "Convex Algorithm", "Concave Algorithm", "Curves Accuracy", "Map name", "Texture name", "Top Background Color", "Bottom Background Color"
- changed command line syntax
- you can use different setting files with "-setting filename.ini" command line option
- "x/y offset" command line option was removed, as it was completely useless
- other old command line options were moved to INI file
SVG support:
- added support for multiple subpaths in path element
- added support for polygon element
- added support for fill colors
Converter core:
- added new convertion algorithm: "Centric" designated for better convertion of convex shapes
- added new convertion algorithm: "Advanced" designated for better convertion of concave shapes
- squares and triangles will be converted with the old "Alternate" algorithm
- you may change algorithms for convex and concave shapes in a settings file
Map preview:
- map preview uses OpenGL instead of software rendering
- now the rendering engine can render shaded polys, not only wireframe
- 3 view modes: shaded, shaded+wireframe, wireframe
- crosshair lines, you can turn it on/off
- the map preview can be moved/zoomed with mouse and keyboard
Other:
- the converter has a new name
- better documentation and a website
- source code cleanup and modularization (actually 90% of the code was rewritten again)
- fixed many bugs
- other small things I forgot xD

Aquarius
August 14, 2005, 9:56 pm
WARNING: because of a bug I didn't notice, when you convert a file by dragging it on the Sava.exe icon in Windows Explorer, the PMS file will be saved in C:\Documents and Settings\Username\ folder. Also a new Sava.ini settings file will be created there. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: bug fixed, please redownload if you have Sava 0.2.

Vijchtidoodah
August 15, 2005, 1:02 am
Did you fix the wndow drag bug while you were at it?

Aquarius
August 15, 2005, 1:05 am
Do you mean the bug mentioned above? Yes, I did.

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 1:41 am
OMG!

You TOTALY rock!

i will give it a spin in a few moments... almost done with yet another CTF map 8)

I will try it will all inkscape tools and see what ports over... i will also do some more extended testing, I just realized that Inkscape exports 3 diffrent formats of SVG...

OMG this is totaly cool...!

Thanks again Aquarius,

Hope gradients port over, this will make it so i can spend more Quality time in Polyworks doing the finishing touches :)

Aquarius
August 15, 2005, 1:50 am
quote:Hope gradients port over

Unfortunatelly, gradients don't work. And it won't be supported anytime soon, maybe in Sava 0.5. It's quite difficult to implement and I burned out myself when implementing algorithm for concave shapes xP Only flat colors for now...

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 2:00 am
Dont get me wrong...

i am happy with any colors at all...

Concave shapes will be so Cool!!!

I bet i can poop out a top knotch deathmatch map in 1 day.... INCLUDEING BOTS 8)

Thanks Aquarius!!

this is a verry special treat!!

EDIT::::

What a Cool day! First this is released, then a Killer new version of inkscape is ready for windows users 8)

the new version of inkscape looks verry nice

EDIT::: EDIT:::

WOW!! New inkscape has a nice new look, and some neat new tools...

BE SURE TO UNINSTALL OLD INKSCAPE FIRST...

get the l337 new version here :
http://www.inkscape.org/

they made it so it obeys your windows colors... no more ugly QT white... nice BIG Icons now too!!

cooz
August 15, 2005, 8:59 am
great job Aquarius,
now ppl who are using vector graphics almost wont need any other map maker for creating maps, i really dont use it much but now i have work with it little more.

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 9:43 am
Just did some tool tests with inkscape .42 ...

all in all it works great with inkscape!!

Good news:
all working tools retain layer hiarchy... what is on top, stays on top :)

Beizer curve tool- FLAWLWSS!!! excellent! convex and concave both port over verry well...

Trace Bitmap to paths (Path>trace Bitmap or shift-alt-b)- Excellent!!! use control-L a couple of times to simplify complex things... be sure to ungroup, and break apart before saveing....2 color bitmaps trace over the best...

bad news:
single Circle tool- dont port over
single Square tool- dosent port with rounded corners, and rotateing will make them appear in random locations in the final PMS..

EDIT:: see Aquarius post below on how to use single circl and rounded rectangles :)

WORKAROUND:

Dont just use single circles or squares... union/intersect/devide/diffrence then together with other shapes to make more complex shapes (not join,or group, this just glues a bunch of singles together without makeing a new more complex shape)

An other way to do it would be tojust export the image from inkscape as a .PNG bitmap, and then import the .png file, and trace it (Path>trace Bitmap or shift-alt-b)....
Black and white will work the best for this... I have gotten it to work with 4 colors, but sometimes it will stack shapes on top of each other, resulting in bouncy polys :/

WEll that is about it for the synoipsys :)

im going to play with it more and see what I can come up with... will post any feedback or bugs i find :)

Great utility!!! thank you again for this..Aquarius!!

PS.. use the default inkscape .SVG format... the standard .SVG has problems even opening back up in inkscape...

Aquarius
August 15, 2005, 9:52 am
quote:bad news:
single Circle tool- dont port over
single Square tool- dosent port with rounded corners, and rotateing will make them appear in random locations in the final PMS..

There's another workaround, much easier IMO. Right after you create a new circle/rectangle, select it and press Shift+Ctrl+C (object to path). Do this before any scaling/rotating/moving of the circle/rectangle. After this it should work as well as bezier curves.

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 10:03 am
Cool! i will try that with the other tools also :)

Thanks for the quick response :)

Aquarius
August 15, 2005, 10:09 am
BTW, self-crossing shapes (paths like number "8" drawed with one line) won't be converted.

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 10:24 am
Ok! that is a verry good tip! one of my mapping Ideas was going to have a mathmatic symbol for infinity... the Mobius... was going to be a center piece of a deathmatch map... i will be a little bit more strategic in how I make it :)

Rockin! im gonna keep playing with it :)

im in the polyworks chatroom if you want real time feed back... (along with lots of Oooooo! and Aaaah! :) )

/server irc://irc.quakenet.org
/join #soldat.polyworks

Aquarius
August 15, 2005, 11:25 am
Thanks, but I think it wouldn't be fair if I would abuse Anna's chatroom dedicated to PolyWorks to talk about Sava :)

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 12:42 pm
Aquarius, don't worry about it, I'm sure Anna would like to discuss Sava in there because its an amazing program.

I haven't checked this out yet, but when I have nothing else to do I might give it a try. Its a really fantastic program, innovative to soldat mapping in the future. Thank you :)

cooz
August 15, 2005, 1:04 pm
yeah on #soldat.polyworks we dont talk only about PW ;)