( search forums )
Player classes? (not what you think)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 8:37 pm
I'm so tired of all those sprayer-noobs swarming the servers, so this idea came to my mind.

I wondered, if you could take ''tests'', which show your skill. No, not any RPG style, but just your player's level of skill.

There would be 5-10 tests overall, and every test would be harder than before. So the first test would be really easy and the last one nearly impossible, only made for true uber-pros.

And the servers (at least some) would have their skill-limit, so if you don't got good enough level, you can't enter. I think this would prevent the amount of newbies.

Of course, we need some servers, which don't have the level system (even the newbies need to train, eh?).

So, what do you think of my idea, folks?

Goofy_92
July 13, 2005, 8:43 pm
How about grading them with kills and combos? Like:

1000 kills - 1st
2000 kills - 2nd
3000 kills - 3rd
And so on...
...Or like:
1000 combo kills - 1st
2000 combo kills - 2nd
3000 combo kills - 3rd
And so on...?

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 9:05 pm
Nah, I like the test idea...

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 9:23 pm
Actually...yes, it would be cool. But I don't think there are so many Soldat servers for this test thing to work.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 9:26 pm
Aww man, you're probably right. Nobody would be using this...

Can we ever get rid of the noobs?

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 9:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Fluffy
Can we ever get rid of the noobs?

no

a-4-year-old
July 13, 2005, 9:44 pm
i would take the test for fun if its like pick a gun and kill as many bots as possible before you die. mabe you could have your rank in the scoreboard like if you pass each test you get a rank like:
noob,
amature,
okay,
pro,
hitman,
god,
MM Himself!

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 9:54 pm
No, I visioned something like all-around test, not just any kill kill KILL test.

The test would include moving (race-like), survival (how long you can survive without a weapon against zombies) and maybe climbing. Any suggestions on these?

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 10:08 pm
No.

a-4-year-old
July 13, 2005, 10:15 pm
not climbing. moving like jumping levels? that would be ok, survival sounds like you could just camp alot and get a good level btw how would you plan on showing off your great level?

ps how about a objective like test?

rabidhamster
July 13, 2005, 11:21 pm
here's a simple way to settle it.

if a player joins a game, and they suck, how about everybody vote kicks them?

a-4-year-old
July 14, 2005, 12:02 am
thats not the same as not letting them in *excludes noob*

Vanana
July 14, 2005, 5:01 am
that's being a noob racist!

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 8:33 am
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldnot climbing. moving like jumping levels? that would be ok, survival sounds like you could just camp alot and get a good level btw how would you plan on showing off your great level?

ps how about a objective like test?
The climbing thingie was only a wild suggestion.

I thought that the skill number will be placed next to your player's name (F1 type).

Objective? What's that?

Outcast
July 14, 2005, 9:00 am
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldi would take the test for fun if its like pick a gun and kill as many bots as possible before you die. mabe you could have your rank in the scoreboard like if you pass each test you get a rank like:
noob,
amature,
okay,
pro,
hitman,
god,
MM Himself!

MM ain't good :P

SPARTAN_III
July 14, 2005, 10:51 am
but hes holy. :P and dont insult the master

UltraMagnus
July 14, 2005, 12:30 pm
no, it would ruin the pick-up-and-play-edness of soldat. not only that but it would just make more people use trainers and such like

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 9:47 pm
If you don't like noobs, don't play in public servers. Meet some quality players, get contact information, and play in private servers or host your own.

vash763
July 14, 2005, 11:37 pm
the 2 posts above me is what you should listen to.

if i saw this implemented, i would also like to see different weapon classes implemented. one persons a sniper, has a few weapons to choose from; one persons a heavy arms, has different weapons ect.ect. <--thats a whole different game

Maxx
July 15, 2005, 4:11 am
This whole idea frikin' sucks.

Example:
*trys to go in a server*
YOU WILL NOW BE TESTED FOR YOU'RE SKILL.
*am just lucky enough to be having an off day and screws up*
YOU SUCK. ACCESS DENIED.

DT
July 15, 2005, 4:14 am
a scoring system showing KD Ratio is better... then this test...

and U13 has it

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 6:56 am
this was discussd before, see the problem is that this would ultimitly encourage discrimanation in soldat, the pros would put down the noobs. the system now,when you cant tell someones a noob unless there name is soldier or you fight them, is much better