( search forums )
Ded server issue
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 5:12 am
I don't know if this has been discussed here or not but whenever i run a dedicated server I can't join it, or any other server at all. Some people have suggested changing the port but when I do, it doesn't seem to work any better. When i join a server there are random polygons, im stuck at the join team choice and I get an access violation i do believe.

-I would test right now but i have to re-download soldat due to animations.

b00stA
July 14, 2005, 7:52 am
You're simply not supposed to join a dedicated server that's running on the same machine, although someone said it worked for him.

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 8:06 am
Many of my friends can do it. Anyways while I was waiting I actually solved the problem myslef, go figure. Now I can run a ded server and join it, I just can't use install version 2.2.9 so some commands don't work

b00stA
July 14, 2005, 8:09 am
Would you mind telling us how you did it?

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 8:12 am
I actually was testing Dedicated Server 2.2.9 and i didn't want to go and get all my interface/weapons graphics again so i made a new soldat folder. I tried it out once and i wondered if i could join, so i changed the port and joined using my regular soldat. I don't know why it worked, but it did and im not complaining.

Merach
July 14, 2005, 12:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stAWould you mind telling us how you did it?

I supposse you are refering to the dedicated server program included in soldat.zip? If not avoid reading next.

Ok, if the dedicated server included in soldat zip file is what you are referring.. then I can join to a dedicated server in the same computer, running at the same time the dedicated and the soldat program. Normally I don't do that, but when I did it I hadn't got any problems with Access Violation ore some other.

FliesLikeABrick
July 14, 2005, 4:46 pm
... did you install dedicated 2.2.9 into the same folder as your soldat client?

EndertheXenocide
July 14, 2005, 11:53 pm
I've joined my own dedicated server running on the same system tons of times. Basicly you need to join a Local Server instead over the internet. That is the only way I can join a Dedicated server on the same computer.

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 12:17 am
I think so, should I not have?

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 1:48 am
Anyways, thanks for the help but after non-stop testing for a few days I have it working fine. The only problems now deal with my own internet, not soldat.