( search forums )
Large maps
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Leo
July 14, 2005, 9:29 am
Hi guys, do you know any maps large enough for my 16 players CTF server ? My current maplist includes some of them but I am sure there are maps that I have missed. Thanks.
Edit: I forgot, here is my current mapslist

ctf_ambush
ctf_aztec
ctf_B2b
ctf_Bohemian
ctf_Bridge
CTF_Canyon
ctf_Crashed
ctf_Density
ctf_Ernesto
ctf_Equinox
ctf_Forge
ctf_junglewar
ctf_Kilimanjaro
ctf_Lanubya
ctf_Laos
ctf_Maya
ctf_Mineshaft
ctf_Monsoon
ctf_Nimble
ctf_Nuubia
CTF_Path
ctf_Pitfall
ctf_Run
ctf_Swamp
ctf_taurus
ctf_TheForrest2
ctf_Tripetra
ctf_Woodfort

Vijchtidoodah
July 14, 2005, 9:35 am
Um...I made a large map called ctf_Forest and I know that Nuzz made a GIGANTIC AvP one.

Nuzz's AvP Map

ctf_Forest

*A little note of caution - both of these maps are huge, they have very many polygons and tons of scenery (especially mine)...I don't know how well either has done on multiplayer and I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll slow the crap down out of slower computers when people are using the minigun.

Edit: Whoa, you're actually using ctf_Mineshaft. I don't know how old the version you have is, but I fixed it up for the competition. Download it here if you have the old version.

Aquarius
July 14, 2005, 9:35 am
My map ctf_aq_Rainbow is pretty big, but I don't know if you will like it.
http://soldatnews.w.interia.pl/maps.html

Fangus Deef
July 14, 2005, 10:28 am
pretty site aquarius.

Aquarius
July 14, 2005, 11:04 am
Thank you, the site is practically dead.

Yukwunhang
July 14, 2005, 4:05 pm
ctf_China is about 1.5 times bigger than b2b, I think it's even too big for 16 players =(

Boxo
July 14, 2005, 9:12 pm
My old map CTF_Step is pretty huge. Here's a screen.

The DL link's in my sig.

Nice to see more custom map servers around, keep it up.

Keron Cyst
July 14, 2005, 9:54 pm
Boxo, even though the URL doesn't say so your map preview just redirects back to this thread again...

KeFear
July 14, 2005, 10:35 pm
the image can be viewed, just try to copy the link and open it in a new browser (or try to drag-drop the link to the URL box)

Oh, and speaking of large maps, our ex-clanmate-mapper made some huge maps about a year ago for our dead-already 20 player CTF server, maybe you could try some of the maps. They are not very "professional", but some of them are fun to play.

Here's a link:

http://www.fw.hu/soldathunclan/new/index.php?page=letoltesek/downloads&dl=riapack

rabidhamster
July 15, 2005, 4:05 pm
i have a couple of absolutely huge map, i'll post them in a bit.