July 14, 2005, 11:07 am
Full Map Name - Mini Soldat by hellsync
Filename - ctf_minisoldat
Zipped Size - 44kb
Unzipped Size - 120kb
Bot waypointed - No - email me if you want to
Jetpack - Normal
All scenery prefixed by - mini_
Software used - MapMaker 1.2, Microsoft Image Composer, Paint! :)

Screens:
Zoomed-out:
[URL]
Zoomed-out (big!):
[URL]

Download: (44Kb)
Filespace.org
[URL]

Installation:
Unzip to your Soldat folder (usually c:\Soldat) and everything should ge where it has to go! :)

My lastest idea for a slightly weird/fun map - bases are made out of powerups!! :) Would have liked maybe to have giant barrets lying around for bridges but im not really an artist and i couldn't be stuffed making them. Saws came out good in the end though.

This is my second map. Check out my lemmings map as well ([URL])

Comments, Suggestions, Questions, Tell me what you like/dislike... All much appriciated!!

papasurf31
July 14, 2005, 1:05 pm
Omg, lol, that's awesome, but gameplay doesn't look that great. Still, nice original concept.

STEELIX
July 14, 2005, 2:51 pm
In my opinion, this could've been worked out much better...
Mini soldats is a great idea, but just adding some enlarged chainsaws and knives ain't gonna do it.

Avarax
July 14, 2005, 3:40 pm
i love how much detail u spend on the chainsaws, i totally disagree with steelix, nice layout too.
the bases beeing power ups was a good idea too ^_^

Hoodlum
July 14, 2005, 4:09 pm
The detail is great.

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 6:29 pm
Yeah,this map looks good and also seems like it would have fun gameplay.Good job :)

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 7:53 pm
Good overall look, nice chainsaws and knife, and indeed it does look original. Gameplay also seems it could be decent. I'll have to try it.

July 14, 2005, 10:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideGood overall look, nice chainsaws and knife, and indeed it does look original. Gameplay also seems it could be decent. I'll have to try it.

quote:Originally posted by Gen0cide`Yeah,this map looks good and also seems like it would have fun gameplay.Good job :)

quote:Originally posted by papasurf31Omg, lol, that's awesome, but gameplay doesn't look that great. Still, nice original concept.

It seems to me that you should actually
PLAY THE BLOODY MAP
before you comment on the gameplay.

hellsync_343
July 14, 2005, 11:14 pm
lol sticky.

ya before you comment... have a go at actually playing it.

problem is i probably did sacrifice on the gameplay a bit because after I'd finished it i couldn't be bothered going back and editing it. The 'top' path is pretty hard to get to when your running away with the flag.

in short if enough people like the design concept i might do some editing :)

July 14, 2005, 11:39 pm
I had a go. There's way too many deadly polygons and such. Also, flaggers can hide up the side walls, much like in b2b.