( search forums )
DM Final Showdown v1.0
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 8:06 pm
My first official release on www.soldatforums.com - w00t.

Anyways, like I said in the ideas/discussion, this was originally just a concept that came to me one day and I put it before anything else. I thought itd be interesting to make.

The map is NOT waypointed yet, although if anyone wants to give it a shot, thatd be pretty kewl - it would be interesting to be able to 1v1 by yourself. Along with not being waypointed yet, the jumps at the end of the slopes are still a bit buggy. They SHOULD launch you in a perfect arch that will have you land JUST before the opposite jump, however they have been known to overjump and underjump the soldat sometimes. If anyone thinks they can fix that as well, id appreciate and of course give credit.

This is the first version, so ill be sure to update the looks sometime and hopefully have everything fixed and possibly waypointed. ^^;;

Overview: http://vl.fireknives.net/downloads/Final_Showdown_Exta.jpg

Download: http://vl.fireknives.net/downloads/Final_Showdown_Exta.pms

Directions for gameplay: This map was intended for 2 players only, so pretty much you dont want to go nuts with having more then 2 players. This map will only work with TEAMMATCHES, since each player cant be randomly spawning on either side. The spawn points are currently set to land right ontop of the track, so you might have to join up with a freind, then restart the game to spawn simultaneously (or however thats spelled) Anyways, you slide down the track, but be sure to keep holding down left or right key, which ever way is going down the track - another way to get some speed is to roll down the hill, but rolling too much might cause you to fly over the jump. Anyways, when you reach the jump, just keep holding on to the direction for maximum air and then shoot the crap out of your opponent before falling into spikes.

One last comment: This is the first version, so if you want to make an attempt at fixing the jump poly's and happen to do it, just send me the fixed version and ill give credit for that. If you can waypoint it, again waypoint it, send it to me and ill of course give credit. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the overall gameplay and quality of the map, please be sure to let me know.

Morik
July 14, 2005, 10:47 pm
hehehe im going to go check that out :P

vash763
July 14, 2005, 11:42 pm
hahhaa how original can wait to play it

Maxx
July 15, 2005, 3:44 am
Hahaha that sounds awesome.

A for, Ariginality!(bad joke)

Goofy_92
July 15, 2005, 10:15 am
The gameplay is great, but you should make the clouds more transparent.

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 6:24 pm
Thats what I wanted to do actually, i'll try to whip up something better with the clouds.