( search forums )
Where Did All These New People Come From?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Vijchtidoodah
July 14, 2005, 11:40 pm
I was just browsing the forums when I realized that I didn't know half of the people who were posting. There are all these new faces and, despite the fact that many of them have more than 30 posts, I can't say I've ever even seen them before.

Is it just me ignoring new people, or did they all somehow manage to post like crazy in the last few days without me ever noticing?

karmazon
July 14, 2005, 11:41 pm
PC Gamer

I like scat lolollolololol

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 11:44 pm
"Members are 319 Pages Long:"

bl00dy_n0se
July 14, 2005, 11:45 pm
Maybe you recognized me that late, cuz I just post every 2-3 days in a topic. I can't read all this stuff so I jsut read Threads with interesting Topics(not very much ;)

But dunno what's with the others

Vijchtidoodah
July 15, 2005, 12:03 am
Yeah, I've never seen you, bloody nose (and I'm sure I would've remembered getting annoyed by the 0's instead of o's in your name). I kind of recognize your avatar, but it's so trendy that it's difficult to tell if it was you.

bl00dy_n0se
July 15, 2005, 12:09 am
Yep i pwn xD

mar77a
July 15, 2005, 12:17 am
Well, you know me?

that fuking sniper
July 15, 2005, 12:30 am
Beats me, I don't know most people who are commanders now :p

Vijchtidoodah
July 15, 2005, 12:52 am
Of course I know you, Mar77a, I just don't know who any of the new people are. It's a little disconcerting.

wormdundee
July 15, 2005, 1:22 am
im sure thats exaggeration tfs, i mean, even i know almost all the commanders

Fangus Deef
July 15, 2005, 1:33 am
vijcht spammed his way to commander rather quickly. so did i though :P

mar77a
July 15, 2005, 1:34 am
Ahh...long way till commander...snif...

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 15, 2005, 2:17 am
They came from the Internet...*Dun Dun Dun*

Milkman Dan
July 15, 2005, 3:03 am
quote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodah(and I'm sure I would've remembered getting annoyed by the 0's instead of o's in your name).

You have OCD, don't you Vijchtidoodah.

n00bface
July 15, 2005, 3:15 am
reminds me of you vijchtidoodah :O i went to hawaii for 2 weeks, i came back and you had 500-something posts.

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 3:19 am
do you no.....me? something tells me it's radioshack, BUT THEY CHANGED THE NAME OF IT TO THE SOURCE

Vijchtidoodah
July 15, 2005, 4:56 am
quote:Originally posted by Milkman Danquote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodah(and I'm sure I would've remembered getting annoyed by the 0's instead of o's in your name).

You have OCD, don't you Vijchtidoodah.

I don't have OCD.
I don't have OCD.
I don't have OCD.
I don't have OCD.
I don't have OCD.
I don't have OCD.
I don't have OCD.

Lol, I still contend that I never spammed, only posted a lot. :)

Fangus Deef
July 15, 2005, 5:23 am
saying i dont have ocd alot isnt funny, as that's not ocd. you fail, (Please refrain from swearing). now give me back the magic messiah sandles.

AWH_ReApEr
July 15, 2005, 5:39 am
Yep, they all came from PC Gamer Magazine.

Here's a quote from this thread.

quote:Originally posted by AWH_ReApErI might have to get a copy, too. Prepare yourselves, though, for another overwhelming flood of "new guys." Moderators better be in tip-top shape for the spam. ;p

OMG I TOLD YOU SO!

Denacke
July 15, 2005, 5:47 am
Huh.. I didn't really notice an abnormal growth.

Unlucky 13
July 15, 2005, 6:51 am
No, niether did I, I expect one new guy to come a month, but the chances are I missed them coming passed.

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 6:54 am
COASTER MAN HAS ACTUALY BEEN PLAYING SINSE CAPTAIN BEN SHOWED HIM HOW!

Vijchtidoodah
July 15, 2005, 6:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Fangus Deefsaying i dont have ocd alot isnt funny, as that's not ocd. you fail, (Please refrain from swearing). now give me back the magic messiah sandles.

At least I'm not reassuring myself that I'm in the dominant position, eh, Fangus?

And that is OCD. You're probably thinking of OCPD, in which people don't repetitively perform actions.

By the way, Stan doesn't wear sandles, he wears moon shoes. Last I saw, Funktopus had the sandles.

Need I explain exactly who failed, or have you figured that out for yourself yet?

that fuking sniper
July 15, 2005, 6:55 am
quote:Originally posted by wormdundeeim sure thats exaggeration tfs, i mean, even i know almost all the commanders

It was, but I still don't 'know' who Vicht is, who Unlucky 13, who grand_diablo is (aside from the fact that hes a moderator), and the others. All I know about those is that they are commanders. I've heard of them, if that's what you mean, but I'm pretty much detatched from the whole forum act.

Captain Ben
July 15, 2005, 6:56 am
Egads! I didn't even bother to read the first page of this topic, and now I wish I did.

Duke33
July 15, 2005, 7:24 am
Feeling a bit like tfs here. I haven't been on for a month, come back on, and there are so many new names, and I have zero clue to who they are. Not that I mind, but it's bemusing, if that's the word. I really knew some of the old group, like Hitman or Eyic and so on, who I actually discussed things with. Be interesting to see who out of this lot will be here in a year, eh? Who will be the new oldies...

Unlucky 13
July 15, 2005, 8:41 am
-but I still don't 'know' who Vicht is, who Unlucky 13, who grand_diablo is (aside from the fact that hes a moderator)
Hee, that'd be because I came in while you were away, as did Vij. Not knowing grand_diablo is kind of hard to believe, unless of course you don't download maps.
- Be interesting to see who out of this lot will be here in a year, eh? Who will be the new oldies...
I'm staying for as long as possible, and I've been here a year already. Not going to be too hard to stay another.

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 9:02 am
ive been here forever, just didnt ever get an account til a little while back, and even then didnt post until about a month ago, i take pleasre in the fact that i knw most about everyone but they dont know me :P
i usualy reconise people by thier avartars and get all mixed up when they change them :P

Captain Ben
July 15, 2005, 9:08 am
Same...
Even now, I picture Vijchtidoodah as an old man stretching someone's face.

Vijchtidoodah
July 15, 2005, 10:18 am
Lol...is that picture even on my rotation?

[IMAGE]

Ah, it is. I miss that one...

SuperKill
July 15, 2005, 10:21 am
i dont care about new people, the more the marrier. i just hate the ones that joins for a month, get some posts and popularity on the forums, and consider themselves an unseparatable part of the soldat community.

Aquarius
July 15, 2005, 10:38 am
Usually I recognize new people by their avatars, not by their names. But when they change their avatars 3 times a month... ;o

I mean, when SuperKill changes his avatar, it's still SuperKill for me. When a new guy changes his avatar, he becomes a completely different person for me. Newbs, don't change your avatars untill you have ~500 posts ;)

Chakra`
July 15, 2005, 11:54 am
so long as these newcomers make intelligent posts, don't spam useless topics or feel the need to repeat what's already been said in a thread, and generally don't act a moron, i'll be content.

I'm semi-content ¬_¬

Alamo
July 15, 2005, 12:07 pm
I'm not very well known either ^^ Yet I'm on my way to become Commander²...

damnnation
July 15, 2005, 12:32 pm
i'm special, nobody has ever seen/know/heard me here...
whow cince when am i a commander :/ YAY

vash763
July 15, 2005, 12:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenSame...

*cough*hypocrit*cough*

y0da
July 15, 2005, 7:55 pm
me was here all the timez0r, i mean non active, but before you for sure.

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 8:04 pm
I been here since april so im a newb but still a Colonel OMG POSTS PER DAY

b00stA
July 15, 2005, 8:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`so long as these newcomers make intelligent posts, don't spam useless topics or feel the need to repeat what's already been said in a thread, and generally don't act a moron, i'll be content.

I'm semi-content ¬_¬

quote:Originally posted by PsychoI been here since april so im a newb but still a Colonel OMG POSTS PER DAY

I love putting quotes together.

SuperKill
July 15, 2005, 8:42 pm
shh dogbert.

Vijchtidoodah
July 15, 2005, 10:08 pm
I'm not talking about knowing people, that's a little difficult to do on a forum where everyone is so crazy about not going off-topic; I'm talking about knowing of people. For instance, I know enough about almost everyone that has posted in this thread (with the exception of bl00dy n0se, Taal, and Captain Ben's fanboy) to the point where I can recognize who you are and I have a general understanding of your character. Contrarily, there are a bunch of new people who post mostly in the Soldat Talk section that I can't recognize at all.

That normally wouldn't be a problem, but there are little things that get on my nerves. Like the fact that older members will joke around with them, and the new people will take them seriously. Or how they act as if I know who they are but I can't tell the difference between any of them.

eagleclaw364
July 15, 2005, 10:55 pm
Do you recognise me? :D

Vijchtidoodah
July 16, 2005, 1:05 am
Yes, let's stop playing the do-you-know-me game now. :)

vash763
July 16, 2005, 3:02 am
omg vijcht knows me.

and im defying his rules

so then, yes im with you. i have absolutely no idea who some people are when they post. so your saying its just like a huge amount of people you havnt been paying attention to?

ps: where the hell did you come up w/ that name?

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 4:35 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahI'm not talking about knowing people, that's a little difficult to do on a forum where everyone is so crazy about not going off-topic; I'm talking about knowing of people. For instance, I know enough about almost everyone that has posted in this thread (with the exception of bl00dy n0se, Taal, and Captain Ben's fanboy) to the point where I can recognize who you are and I have a general understanding of your character...

I have a fanboy?

quote:Originally posted by vash763quote:Originally posted by Captain BenSame...

*cough*hypocrit*cough*

Vash, wtf?

Zero72
July 16, 2005, 5:31 am
I'd like to think that I'm becoming reasonably well-recognized and tolerated around these parts. And I think I'm due for an up-ranking pretty soon, incidentally.

Either way, I'm likely to be sticking around for quite a while. I've grown fond of this place.

vash763
July 16, 2005, 5:58 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain Benquote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahI'm not talking about knowing people, that's a little difficult to do on a forum where everyone is so crazy about not going off-topic; I'm talking about knowing of people. For instance, I know enough about almost everyone that has posted in this thread (with the exception of bl00dy n0se, Taal, and Captain Ben's fanboy) to the point where I can recognize who you are and I have a general understanding of your character...

I have a fanboy?

quote:Originally posted by vash763quote:Originally posted by Captain BenSame...

*cough*hypocrit*cough*

Vash, wtf?

cause i got used to ur old avy, then you changed it like twice

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 6:13 am
Like now?

Unlucky 13
July 16, 2005, 7:55 am
What are they from, Ben?
And I think Vij means Coaster Man, who I expect is you, but I'm not sure...

vash763
July 16, 2005, 7:59 am
DAMN YOU TRICKY PIRATE CHICKEN!

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 8:05 am
Why would I be Coaster Man? Anyway, we actually do know eachother in real life.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 16, 2005, 8:31 am
Iv'e found that posting in threads like this is for the best.

[EDIT]
(Please refrain from swearing), I did it again.

Vijchtidoodah
July 16, 2005, 8:54 am
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13
...who I expect is you, but I'm not sure...

Lol, I thought the same thing, but I was quite content to let him do whatever he wanted.

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 9:17 am
If I say I am Coaster Man, will I be more mysterious?

Or would you like me to give you the lowdown?

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 16, 2005, 9:30 am
Thats not a pirate bird at all! Thats just a bird with specs! You're a fake! A fake I tell you! You're not Mysterious, and thus, not coaster man.

LazehBoi
July 16, 2005, 10:23 am
Needs more pirate hat.

STEELIX
July 16, 2005, 11:20 am
True pirates need not a pirate hat to be one.

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 11:33 am
Wham, bam, KADDAM!
[IMAGE]
Happy hunting!

vash763
July 16, 2005, 11:49 am
ooooooooooo no peg leg? and you should make like a coaster pirate

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 11:58 am
How the Hell can I make a peg leg. The only way I could do that is by making them both peglegs, and that just won't fly. But I do want to make the knife a hook!

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 11:58 am
And Vash, wtf? A 'coaster pirate'?

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 12:04 pm
i dont do anything but watch *looks at Vijchtidoodah rubbing hands*
seroisly, im a amatuar waypointer, mapmaker, pixel artist, idea conjurer the list goes on im just not good at any of it :P
EDIT: captain dont double post

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 12:14 pm
Stealing your ideas? MY (Please refrain from swearing)ING IDEA WAS SIX MONTHS BEFORE YOU!!!11

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 12:16 pm
lol just noticed that, my mistake, look in your sixmonth idea now, theres an apoligie ther for you

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 12:22 pm
You have it in for me, don't you Taal? 0_0

vash763
July 16, 2005, 1:19 pm
DAMN YOU AND YOUR CRAZY LOGIC YOUR GOD DAMN POULTRY PIRATE MOTHER (Please refrain from swearing)ER!

gah, chopsticks > coasters

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 1:34 pm

[IMAGE]
omg liek (Please refrain from swearing) bird from hell be here to destryo su lal!

vash763
July 16, 2005, 2:01 pm
just make a friggin random rotate avy full of birds you pirate (Please refrain from swearing)

eagleclaw364
July 16, 2005, 2:26 pm
Did you make all those birds captain? They're so cool! I wish I were a pirate just like you with lots of pirate birds and a super hero.

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 2:34 pm
If you want a bird I can PM you one.

Maxx
July 16, 2005, 5:54 pm
Not another avy trend.

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 12:46 am
haha does anyone know me?

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 1:01 am

vash763
July 17, 2005, 1:29 am
GOD DAMN AVATARS PISS ME OFF

rabidhamster
July 17, 2005, 2:00 am
i'm new... and not from pc gamer either. i've been playing soldat for a while, but i just got it working on my internet-access comp, so i figured i would join the forums.

Maxx
July 17, 2005, 2:06 am
quote:Originally posted by azntrashcanhaha does anyone know me?

*sigh*.....yes.

Vijchtidoodah
July 17, 2005, 3:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodah...let's stop playing the do-you-know-me game now.

quote:Originally posted by azntrashcanhaha does anyone know me?

Reading is your friend.

LazehBoi
July 17, 2005, 11:17 am
More like his WORST ENEMY!
AMIRITE

Unlucky 13
July 18, 2005, 6:31 am
Oh, sorry Ben, I didn't mean to...
Bah word please.
And yes you would be more mysterious.

Captain Ben
July 18, 2005, 6:55 am
Let me defend myself!
LIEK OMG AS IF I BE THE ONE CALLED ON AS COASTER MAN? GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT, UNLUCKY ONE!!!111ONEONE111ELEVEN!111

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 5:24 pm
yay!

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 4:15 am
funnyness am i still i n00b and am not important

Maxx
July 19, 2005, 4:29 am
quote:Originally posted by dascoofunnyness am i still i n00b and am not important

Ok.

DeMonIc
July 19, 2005, 10:23 am
You're a nobody until you contribute to the community in some way I think. If you contribute, you start being somebody for some people.