Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Raptor
July 15, 2005, 1:18 am
CTF Egipto
Screenshot

[IMAGE]

Download here:
http://mr.netpub.org/soldat/soldatbeta/maps/CTF_Egipto.zip

I hope you all like this map, it took me many days to make it. Also I have to say that I was making this map waaaay before CTF Team Wars, so don't say I'm not working on it xD.
I didn't waypointed it (knowing that I'm a proffesional waypointer) because I'm working on CTF Team Wars and I though it would be too much work, but I'll waypoint it later... I promise ;)

ONE MORE THING! I'm almost done with CTF Team Wars :)

Maxx
July 15, 2005, 1:31 am
Pic doesn't work....

Raptor
July 15, 2005, 1:37 am
Try refreshing, because it works here.

mar77a
July 15, 2005, 1:49 am
UGGHHHH!!!!!! What teh (Please refrain from swearing) is that background???

I like the shading though...i don't like the spacious of this map...and it's very big too....

Fangus Deef
July 15, 2005, 6:19 am
ugly as feces

Cookie.
July 15, 2005, 6:25 am
Looks good but the backgroudn scorches my eyes :|

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 8:03 am
Everything's good except the background. Well...maybe it's a bit too large.

Goofy_92
July 15, 2005, 10:14 am
Looks nice, but the ground is too... "empty?"

sbu-spyvin
July 15, 2005, 10:23 am
Looks nice but give the piramide a other colour ;).

Am gone make a map like this too :-)

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 12:21 pm
I like it. But it's too big , ground is empty and the pyramid is little weird. I think it's harder for one team to reach the other side. [not balanced ways through the Pyramid I mean]

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 6:39 pm
Perhaps a bluish backround just to go with the sky, maybe a red/yellow mix. I havent really seen what they actually look like so ill download and breifly play around with backround colors.

Raptor
July 15, 2005, 6:40 pm
Alright, I'll fix ONLY the background colors and I'll add some scenery too, so it won't look empty.

EDIT: I tried fixing the background colors... but... I can't xD. I need some of your suggestions.

Keron Cyst
July 16, 2005, 7:55 am
Try blue/green or dark-blue/dark-green (or aqua or turqoise xD) dwindling down to black/dark-gray.

Felix
July 16, 2005, 1:19 pm
You should put more volume on that thing in the middle, it looks a bit flat.
I also agree with those comments about the bg.

Raptor
July 18, 2005, 6:43 pm
Alright I changed the bgcolors... but... I don't know how to edit my map and change it here: http://soldatpage.u13.net/ can someone tell me? (I'm really sorry)

vash763
July 19, 2005, 12:38 pm
i like how the rocks at the ttop are all tied up

Boxo
July 19, 2005, 3:31 pm
Just do the changes to your map and upload it as a new map on SoldatPage.

This is better than your first, I kind of like the upper route and that bridge. You should finish the ceiling, though, to stop people from hopping through that hole in the top The maps still way is too empty and sceneryless, and there's hardly any colour. That gray background doesn't look good in the tunnel, either. The main background colour is too bright, too.

Raptor
July 21, 2005, 4:49 am
quote:Originally posted by vash763i like how the rocks at the ttop are all tied up

I also like that!
quote:Originally posted by BoxoJust do the changes to your map and upload it as a new map on SoldatPage.

This is better than your first, I kind of like the upper route and that bridge. You should finish the ceiling, though, to stop people from hopping through that hole in the top The maps still way is too empty and sceneryless, and there's hardly any colour. That gray background doesn't look good in the tunnel, either. The main background colour is too bright, too.

Thanks for helping me with the upload thing Boxo!
I'll try to change the colour of the pyramid's background (I already changed the bg color of the map to Top:Blue Bottom:Green. I'll also add a celleing (or whatever)... roof!... to prevent MOST camping. Thanks for those suggestions, I like them!