( search forums )
All my Ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 8:11 am
OK; hi; this was done in a text file as I was playing Soldat some time ago. I apologise if the ideas have already been used.

TO MAKE SOLDAT (EVEN) BETTER

PLAYER CUSTOMISATION
-------------------------------------
Looks
> Capes, Hats, Ties, Goth Spikes, Scalfs, Headphones ect.
Clan Affilaition:
> Instead of Having: RJA | Player; have a seperate text box for entering this;
> thatway, this can be shown over the player's name.
Player Lookup:
> Have a database of players (registered only?) that shows their statistics, rank,
> avatar, clan ect.

GAMEPLAY
Test Mode
> A timelimit is set and you have to reach a specific goal. Things like Climbing to
> the top of a mountain, precision flying, killing 10 bots in a confined space, ect.
Grenade Status
> A little Circle would appear over your/team's grenades. This is so that
> you don't run over their grenade.
Firing Heavy Artillary Warning:
> Weapons like the M79, Law and posssibly the Barrete should be fired when the
> Mouse button is released. On Mouse Press, a little red '!' should appear over your
> characters head. This is so that bots/people dont get in your way (and hurt you)
> when you fire from these weapons.
Team Arrows:
> When a player from your team goes off your screen, an arrow should appear on the
> side of the screen, following that player. The arrow should be the primary colour
> of the player and should be outlined when the player is shooting. This way, players
> will be able to work more srategicaly.
Equipment:
> Like worms, have different equipment types, it could be Rope (swing from an
> overhanging poligon), 5% Extra Jet Fuel, Suction Cups (for scaling walls), ect.
Shaded out vision:
> In Realistic, shade out the areas that you can't see players in.

BOTS/BOT WAYPOINTS
Camping with Bots:
> Have trouble seeing people who arn't moving, and are more than 75% covered behind
> scenery.
Bot Types:
> Types should be put into the BOT file. See below.
Sniper Spots:
> Instead of "Stop and Camp" make it so that if the player is a sniper/camper, as
> designated in the BOT file, then they should camp more often.

WHEN DIEING/DEAD
Submachine Gun:
> If using a submachine Gun, and the triger is being held down when killed the submachine
> gun should keep firing until it hits the ground. This should only happen whe killed by
> a shot to the hand.
Jetpack Death:
> When flying, and (dieing upon) taking a hit to the jetpack booster, the booster that is hit
> should go out, with the other one still going, the player would spiral in the air like a
> balloon letting out all its air.

AT END OF GAME
End of Game Movie:
> Instead of going to a still frame of the winning player shooting a rival, it
> should go to the last 5 seconds of that winning player shooting down a rival.
> At the end of the game, your average kills, feats and technique is weighed up to give you a
> final score. If you win more than 75% of the time when playing against people in your own
> rank, you will progress to the next one. If you lose more than 75% of the time, you will go
> down a rank.
> Feats could be things like Sniping 2 people in one bullet with the barette or knifing
> while doing a superman, ect. You may need to have done 2 different exotic moves (equivalent
> to your level and primary weapon) before progressing to the next level.

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 8:23 am
many have been suggested, if i get my way you will be able to change your looks :P. there all good ideas i dont think any would be implemented though

Swebonny
July 15, 2005, 8:31 am
Yea Many of them is good ideas :) I like em but like Taal said,,

VodkaZombie
July 15, 2005, 1:20 pm
Interesting idea's but many of them were already suggested. Some idea's are way out of the league, and it would basically ruin soldat.

SPARTAN_III
July 15, 2005, 2:17 pm
i dont like any of the ideas under "gameplay". the rest are nice

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 15, 2005, 4:55 pm
I like most of the ideas, just a few that seems out of whack. But some of the ideas I've never heard before, and thats pretty cool

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 6:36 am
Yeah, I was up at night playing; might be why they are whack. ;)

_Mancer_
July 16, 2005, 7:06 am
> Instead of Having: RJA | Player; have a seperate text box for entering this;

Like 2 texts box, one for clan, one for name?

I like it I like it..

Keron Cyst
July 16, 2005, 7:51 am
I like the idea of giving a border around the clan name.

As for the "Player Lookup" idea, I don't think Marcinkowski can yet synchronize the game with the forums :-/

Grenade status is unrealistic (and yes, we know respawning soldaten with jet boots are unrealistic, too, contrary to popular belief :-P).

I love the "Firing Heavy Artillery Warning" (I absolutely hate people getting in my way when launching a rocket).

Team Arrows wouldn't be able to tell how far away a soldat is. A radar would be better, if anything at all.

I don't like the equipment types idea, but I do the idea that line-of-sight also applies to polygons instead of just enemies alone.

The SMG idea... I think that should only go to Realistic, if at all :-/

The "Jetpack Death" idea is quite similar to my own (only thing different is that a bullet has to hit the jet boots), but I'm not gonna assume anything.

I don't like the rank idea...

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 8:12 am
I'd like to see ranks go down, kind of like the 007 Goldeneye 64 kind of way:
Where's the armor? Lemmings award. Where's the ammo? Most dishonourable. Ect.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 11:07 am
coaster man likes the teammat grnade option the best!

chakapoko maker
July 16, 2005, 11:21 am
the team arrow have been mentioned many times and it sounds good everytime to me. BF2 has got a commander thing and other multiplay games will follow their way.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 11:34 am
Thanks all for your kind words; a couple ideas were far out but hey, what can you do?
:P

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 2:22 pm
Most of them are supa cool [and 75% suggested ^.^] and I love them !
I'd like to see them in soldat. Maybe just optional...