( search forums )
Razor Sword - With Animation!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Zero72
July 15, 2005, 8:58 pm
One of the most badass-looking short swords ever is now available for your Soldat.

[IMAGE]

Includes a vertical slashing animation in place of the stab. Most of the credit for the animation goes to Ivan the Psycho. I copied the animation from Mecha Soldat and edited it, chaning the placement of a few frames and continuing the slash almost to the ground, instead of the stop at mid-slash. I didn't consult him beforehand, but I didn't think he'd have a huge problem with it, and I am citing him for it.

I am fully aware that the interface graphic is grossly oversized. It wouldn't have looked good in any other size, and no amount of being a smart-aleck about it is going to change it. =P

Remember to back up all the knife files, including and especially bije.poa in your Anims folder, before installing.

Edit: Mod is playable online. Also, you'll have to change the name in weaponnames.txt yourself; the mod doesn't.

Clicketh hereupon for yon download

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 9:00 pm
Looks cool. Can you play online with modded animations? If so I'll download. Nice shading and everything BTW, what program you use?

Zero72
July 15, 2005, 9:08 pm
This mod should be playable online, yes, I forgot to mention that. Apparently, only certain animations can't be modded, but a modded punch/slash works online just fine.

I found the image of the sword on soulcalibur2.com, rotated it, added the outlines and some shading in MS Paint, and some of the shading in openCanvas. In-game graphic made entirely in Paint.

Goofy_92
July 15, 2005, 9:11 pm
Whoo, that's awesome! Good that it works online, *D/L*

Messiah
July 15, 2005, 9:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMLooks cool. Can you play online with modded animations? If so I'll download. Nice shading and everything BTW, what program you use?

Yeah apparently you can play online with the modded animations, i never knew that, very cool nice sword/razor lol could make it shorter to make it a smaller knife would look good.

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 9:16 pm
Yea! This is very nice shaded. I like it very much when modder make tons of feature about his mode ...that's just avesome and I must say "good luck".
Features. In this mode I mean those animations and nice in-game look of that "sword".
Hmmm and nice forums pic. Absolutly awesome. :D :D :D

Zero72
July 15, 2005, 10:18 pm
Wow, glad you like it.

One wee disclaimer, though: It turns the punch into what looks like a girly slap.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 1:10 am
wow. nice, ill d/l for sure.

SPARTAN_III
July 16, 2005, 2:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Zero72This mod should be playable online, yes, I forgot to mention that. Apparently, only certain animations can't be modded, but a modded punch/slash works online just fine.

I found the image of the sword on soulcalibur2.com, rotated it, added the outlines and some shading in MS Paint, and some of the shading in openCanvas. In-game graphic made entirely in Paint.

that's odd, because i installed sprocket's punch/stab combo mod and it f*cked up my soldat.

ownage mod. i hope there's no red background with it.

Zero72
July 16, 2005, 3:34 am
Nope, the red background is my interface. Glad you like it.

Unlucky 13
July 16, 2005, 5:17 am
-One wee disclaimer, though: It turns the punch into what looks like a girly slap.
Bahaha! I want to see that!
Maybe it has something to do with maximum frames? Online play, I mean.
I'll download this... I broke my teddy on re-install. Looks great and shading worked well.

Zero72
July 16, 2005, 5:23 am
Thanks. Let me know what you think once you've tried it.

All of you, that is. =P

I've become all but addicted to it already, but that's just me. It's much more fun to lop somebody's noggin off with a nice swift slash then with an unenthusiastic stab.

Goofy_92
July 16, 2005, 9:18 am
@Zero72
Can I use this anim with my mod? ^^

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 9:58 am
All i can say is... is... is... I LOVE YOU!

I like that anim ;)

IlIdan
July 16, 2005, 10:47 am
veryyy nicceeeee

Shivorken
July 16, 2005, 12:05 pm
Awesome...

Goofy_92
July 16, 2005, 12:09 pm
I'll start to make melee weapons, thanks to Zero72 and Ivan the Psycho.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 4:07 pm
@zero72: if i decide to use your animation, can i (in my mods)?

Zero72
July 16, 2005, 10:53 pm
Glad you guys are impressed. =)

azn and Mercy: Eh, it goes against my nature, to be honest, but no need to be a jerk -- sure, just be sure that you cite both Ivan and myself for it.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 11:24 pm
Again nice work. I made those in-game swords for ya. And one more for sure ^.^
See them In my Weapon topic ^.^

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 2:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Zero72Glad you guys are impressed. =)

azn and Mercy: Eh, it goes against my nature, to be honest, but no need to be a jerk -- sure, just be sure that you cite both Ivan and myself for it.

about that. look at the throw weapon animation.

Zero72
July 17, 2005, 2:40 am
I can't right now because I don't have the program on this computer, so do me a favor and get right to your point. =P

As a side note, I just got Insane Kills with this weapon in a zombie match. That was awesome.

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 2:43 am
my point is i think theyre identical (ivan's and the throw weapon).

Zero72
July 17, 2005, 2:45 am
I assume you're talking about the grenade one... In which case then at least he changed it to one arm instead of both. I'll check it out tomorrow.

July 17, 2005, 3:17 am
Hmmm, interesting, but i ain't risking my soldat over a changed anim...good job newayz

Zero72
July 17, 2005, 4:01 am
I don't think it's such a big risk. Even if it doesn't work, for some mysteriuos reason, that's why you back it up first.

Failing that, the graphics still work without the animation, even though it's really a slashing weapon and not a stabbing one. =P

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 9:02 am
It will work. Do u have Ivan's Mecha soldat ??? It's from there and U can play with it normaly.
Even with modified anim.

Zero72
July 17, 2005, 9:04 am
quote:Originally posted by DairyDo u have Ivan's Mecha soldat ??? It's from there...
...Sort of. I did modify it. =P

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 10:23 am
quote:Originally posted by Zero72quote:Originally posted by DairyDo u have Ivan's Mecha soldat ??? It's from there...
...Sort of. I did modify it. =P

So it's half ur and half Ivans work ^.^
That's nice coz I'd like that Ivans more smoothly.

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 5:16 am
Awesome job, almost reminds me of Cloud's Buster sword.

Messiah
July 18, 2005, 5:48 am
quote:Originally posted by 117Hmmm, interesting, but i ain't risking my soldat over a changed anim...good job newayz

You find reinstalling Soldat a pain or what? Like (Please refrain from swearing) itll take 1 minute 2 minute tops i do it all the time due to trying/testing out mods and other things that may screw it up but i find that silly it aint Source where you have to use 5 cd's to install :| but anyway, i installed the razor it works very well once again id like to compliment you on a job well done.

Zero72
July 18, 2005, 6:10 am
Thanks a lot. =) I'm really glad you like it.

By the way, I feel I should mention, for those who don't know, that I didn't design the sword -- it's from Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 2:09 pm
Np , we like it anyway! ^.^
: )
Will u make any more sword ? Coz U'r Is cool. Mine no1 like U_U'

Zero72
July 18, 2005, 6:45 pm
lol, my only problem with your sword is that the in-game graphic is too big to be a knife -- in my opinion, anyway. The actual design is awesome.

To answer your question, I'm not sure about other swords, but I do have a few tricks up my sleeve.

SPARTAN_III
July 20, 2005, 7:10 am
tested, the animtion is superb except when you punch.

Zero72
July 20, 2005, 9:07 am
Yeah, that is the biggest drawback. Thanks for the compliment. You've made my stupidly early morning.

Deleted User
November 25, 2005, 7:32 am
I know I'm bumping the topic, but I really don't care, because I want to say great job zero. I downloaded this weeks ago, and I'm extremely impressed. I had been looking everywhere for a knife mod, and there are no others that can compare. GREAT job :-)

P.S. I saw your BC Gun (nice job on that too) and I was wondering if you could make another replacement for the soccom. Maybe a gun from Contra or another nes game. This is just a suggestion.

UGK
November 25, 2005, 8:03 am
NECROMANCY! Will you people stop reviving the dead already? Please!

Echo_Trail
November 25, 2005, 10:01 am
This is motherFÜcking awesome! simply brilliant!
the swrod is that from Zelda, right?
sure looks like it

frogboy
November 25, 2005, 10:46 am
quote:Originally posted by UGKNECROMANCY! Will you people stop reviving the dead already? Please!
Who [CENSORED]ing cares? He brought up this thread to give feedback about mods, which, last time I checked, was the whole [CENSORED]ing point of this forum. Reviving a thread with a post that is on topic is better than going off-topic and complaining about the revival of said topic.

EDIT: Two people were post fined about half a year ago for the exact same reason.

Deleted User
November 25, 2005, 1:37 pm
Sorry I don't wanna got this for starhunting...but wtf? I never know that some1 took of my posts ...and I didn't it for "starhunting"
DNA should contact me by PM that I did something wrong. This is the 1st time that read his post...omg
How I could know that I'm doing something wrong when no1 said it to me directly ???
Oh gosh.

Zero72
December 6, 2005, 9:56 am
Ehhh, I dunno if this is bumping or not, really, but I have to reply to the comments, so there...

Thanks for your compliments.

Loki: If I do make a Contra gun, it will probably be for the Steyr. I've been considering a 2-weapon Cave Story mod, too.

nfsjunkie91
December 6, 2005, 7:45 pm
hmm, not bumping, good job anyway zero, i was inspired to make a modded animation for a knife on one of my mods.

GAMEOVER
December 7, 2005, 8:11 am
Your in game charecter looks like an old arabian woman with a scarf.

Zero72
December 7, 2005, 9:44 am
That wasn't very nice.

...Sometimes I wear different-colored pants.

Mi6o
December 7, 2005, 6:16 pm
I love it. Great work. I like everything related to knives :D.Thumbs up!

Keron Cyst
December 7, 2005, 6:48 pm
Now to make it break after a hundred swings.

Lolol :-D

numgun
December 7, 2005, 10:48 pm
nicely done... B-)

Zero72
December 8, 2005, 8:57 am
Thanks for your continued compliments.quote:Originally posted by Keron CystNow to make it break after a hundred swings.

Lolol :-D
Nah, it'll just turn into a completely different and less interesting sword with half the attack power.

Colonol Roy Mustang
December 11, 2005, 11:37 am
Awesome. I was hoping someone made a mod like this. my favorite weapon was the knife but finally there is a cooler looking melee weapon.

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 11:56 am
I don't like that mode...!
( , )Y( ,)

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 4:48 pm
zomg, zomg, this looks awesomee.

Colby
December 17, 2005, 12:30 am
what i would like to see is a kick as light saber...dark side and light!

Rath
January 1, 2006, 4:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72One wee disclaimer, though: It turns the punch into what looks like a girly slap.

this made me laugh so much. I'll think about a D/L

(off topic: anyone want to see my bloody knife mod?)