( search forums )
Beta Preview
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Hitman
July 16, 2005, 2:27 am
Before all of you twats start going 'I told you there was a beta, yap yap yap', shut it. Yes you were right, congratulations.

More to the point. Seeing as how awesome the new upcoming version is; a lot of us beta testers found it hard to keep it a secret, plus, all the topics and questions about whether there is a beta started to agitate us. We managed to convince Michal to allow us (well, it was mainly me who did all the nagging but I got others to join in) to release a screenshot of the new version. Hoooowever, much to our disappointment he's only allowed me to take a screenshot of the 'Start Game' menu because, I quote: quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
I only want to show them changes that can't be complained about. The screenshot will show them the new Mods menu and the new game mode so I don't think anybody will complain about that. I don't want the whining to start before the version has even been released :)).So, without further a due:

[IMAGE]

As you can see, there is a new Mods menu, which allows you to switch Mods as well as selecting specific guns, textures, etc to use from each mod. Basically, you can mix mods up with ease. The new game mode 'King of the Hill' is pretty self explanatory.

Please only post relevant comments and we don't want any 'OMG, BUT WHY DIDN'T YOU ADD <Insert game-mode or any other crap here>!!' comments. b00stA will be keeping an eye out on this topic. Oh, and don't ask when it's gonna be released because we still have a lot of testing ahead of us and don't know.

Michal
July 16, 2005, 2:30 am
I've been tricked before with beta previews... :<
...But this looks awesome! :D

Actually, I have been working on a sort of mod lately that will work perfectly with this new system for interchanging skins.
King of the hill sounds great, I'm really interested in seeing how the new default maps for it will look.

Yukwunhang
July 16, 2005, 2:41 am
Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowskiquote:So say if I wanted to run the Tom Clancy mod then a CS mod would I have to make two shortcuts with parameters. And if I wanted to play Tom Clancy mod I would run the first shortcut, and to change to CS mod I would exit and run the other shortcut?
Exactly.
quote:And can the mod still be changed in the in game options?
No, sorry, maybe in the future.
quote:will it be possible to have more than 16 frames for explosion?
No.
quote: can you tell us what you have done so far?
The things that I wrote :).

=/

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 16, 2005, 2:48 am
lol, michal has never spelt "colour" that way.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 2:53 am
If you guys don't believe him, fine, but Hitman is telling the truth. We've all been playing the beta for quite some time, it rocks to the totally awesome 'this is the way Soldat should be' extreme.

Neener neener.

Green Barret
July 16, 2005, 2:56 am
Finally... the time has come. Now I just can't wait for the next version ;_;.

Maxx
July 16, 2005, 3:02 am
Umm...how many KOTH maps are there?

Or..is that not determined yet?
If so don't flame me.

I can taste that mod changer already...

Hoodlum
July 16, 2005, 3:03 am
Wow King of the Hill sounds awesome and the mods menu should help alot.

I can't wait for it to be released.

.alex.oner.
July 16, 2005, 3:14 am
wow, all this looks great, i cannot wait for this to be released! good job MM, we all really appreciate it :D

_Mancer_
July 16, 2005, 3:22 am
Hold the 'designated area'?

So this means map editor would also have to changed according?

I heard about this but not the designated area part ;D

reckon
July 16, 2005, 3:42 am
Eeee, im bursting at the seams with anticipation, koth sounds like a promising mode.

Messiah
July 16, 2005, 3:49 am
I must say this sounds an exciting feature but i dont like *King of The Hill* as the name, it jus doesnt suit it if you ask me.

GAMEOVER
July 16, 2005, 3:53 am
if this is beta about how long of a time frame are we looking at til its public launch?

Vijchtidoodah
July 16, 2005, 3:55 am
quote:Originally posted by MessiahI must say this sounds an exciting feature but i dont like *King of The Hill* as the name, it jus doesnt suit it if you ask me.

Lol, "King of the Designated Area" doesn't sound much better.

But then again, "KIing of the Hill" is going to get on my nerves. ;) (Milkman, you say one word and I'll pull your black heart right out of your chest).

AWH_ReApEr
July 16, 2005, 3:56 am
quote:Originally posted by Freedomit better have new weponds and please fix that invisible nade glitch.
Wow, shut up.

Anyway, it looks awesome. I can't wait to see it on my own computer. ^.^

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 4:50 am
OMG!!!!!!!11111 mod changer! is this vs1.2.2?

LazehBoi
July 16, 2005, 5:36 am
No, it's a super secret in 1.2.1. What the hell is wrong with you?

Zero72
July 16, 2005, 5:41 am
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliIf you guys don't believe him, fine, but Hitman is telling the truth. We've all been playing the beta for quite some time, it rocks to the totally awesome 'this is the way Soldat should be' extreme.

Neener neener.
Man alive, I can hardly wait.

Chakra`
July 16, 2005, 5:46 am
Yes, the new 1.2.2 is imminent. I'd 'imagine' sometime within the remaining month, anywhere between this weekend and the beginning of august. We've been in beta for quite a while -around a month at least- in a suprisingly quiet way.

Theres so much thats been added, it's impossible to remember it all. Here's a few key little niggles to keep you wet with anticipation though.

You can now THROW the flag.
Weapon statistics upon each shot made.
You can now carry 4 weapons and select them individually with keys you can setup yourself (default insert, home, page up and Del key)
New SHOES option in player graphics; you can select shoes, sandals, or barefoot.
New move: Backflip!
Fully customisable weapon editing abilities!
Server hosts and admins now have new '/headpop playername' command, making a player's head explode to teach a lesson.
Favourites list in the lobby, so you can add favourite servers (including password data)
This time, the shield is real!

..and thats just a few of the small things to come in the new 1.2.2. I can't be arsed with screenies, but i'm sure Hitman can russle something up ;)

Aquarius
July 16, 2005, 5:52 am
shut up

Zero72
July 16, 2005, 5:53 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Yes, the new 1.2.2 is imminent. I'd 'imagine' sometime within the remaining month, anywhere between this weekend and the beginning of august. We've been in beta for quite a while -around a month at least- in a suprisingly quiet way.

Theres so much thats been added, it's impossible to remember it all. Here's a few key little niggles to keep you wet with anticipation though.

You can now carry 4 weapons and select them individually with keys you can setup yourself (default insert, home, page up and Del key)
New SHOES option in player graphics; you can select shoes, sandals, or barefoot.
Server hosts and admins now have new '/headpop playername' command, making a player's head explode to teach a lesson.
Favourites list in the lobby, so you can add favourite servers (including password data)

..and thats just a few of the small things to come in the new 1.2.2. I can't be arsed with screenies, but i'm sure Hitman can russle something up ;)

Sweet zombie monkey ninja (Please refrain from swearing) on a lawnmower. I nearly crapped myself.

Although I am wondering if any of it's real. =P

Edit: And if /headpop is real, I'm going to tell everybody that I came up with the prototype idea on which it was based. =P

reckon
July 16, 2005, 5:55 am
Im more excited about going barefoot than anything else, hahaha.

crazymonkey
July 16, 2005, 6:05 am
Hoax?

Zero72
July 16, 2005, 6:13 am
I'm wondering that, to be honest. A few of them just don't seem likely, somehow.

Ah well, who knows.

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 6:28 am
I WANT PINK SANDALS!! They'd go great with my Pirate hat...

Cookie.
July 16, 2005, 6:36 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixlol, michal has never spelt "colour" that way.

I noticed that right of the bat as well...
He should use it though as its the CORRECT SPELLING >: )

Zero72
July 16, 2005, 6:39 am
Hmm. The more I think about it, the more this entire thread smells like a day-old salmon.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 16, 2005, 6:41 am
lmao cookie ((Please refrain from swearing)ing metrics). The thing is. I want all of this to be true and I would probably believe it if it wasn't the internet and if these people hadn't done things like this before. If your gonna be like, "I got you!", of course you did. There is no reason that you wouldn't. And if its true, your gonna be like "I told you so!". To be honest, I dont know what to believe anymore. Even though its just fun and games.

Zero72
July 16, 2005, 6:44 am
Such is the Internet.

I'm a gullable person by nature, too. =/

Either way, I've lowered my hopes.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 6:50 am
throwing the flag, changing shoes, shield i feel a pratical joke coming on, i believe the screenshot though

_Mancer_
July 16, 2005, 7:01 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Yes, the new 1.2.2 is imminent. I'd 'imagine' sometime within the remaining month, anywhere between this weekend and the beginning of august. We've been in beta for quite a while -around a month at least- in a suprisingly quiet way.

Those are definently fakes. They have to be.

Everyone would be too uber with 4 weapons and the simplistic way to use them would be thrown off the charts. Fake.

Im confused about the /headpop one but I think thats a fake too. Just doesnt seem like MM would implement it.

Riot shield, pft, nah.

Cookie.
July 16, 2005, 7:07 am
Anyways the first time was much more amusing with the video etc :| This time around it's not funny I think it would have been better if we kept the beta a secret till it was released >:|

Aquarius
July 16, 2005, 7:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.Anyways the first time was much more amusing with the video etc :| This time around it's not funny I think it would have been better if we kept the beta a secret till it was released >:|

I agree, I don't care about the beta, because I don't test it anyway. I want to hear about Soldat 1.2.2 when it's released. I don't need to hear about all these faked features before the official release, it's not even funny anymore. Go home Hitman and Chakra.

GAMEOVER
July 16, 2005, 7:23 am
release it already..

Unlucky 13
July 16, 2005, 7:39 am
Didn't Michal say there WOULDN'T be a menu for mod changing? I'mnot sure to believe this, but Lapis's 'acknowledgement' kind of confused me, Lapis is trusted by me, a lot, probably because of his cheery nature on these forums. And if so, where is the Soldat bit so you can click it to move the window? I have no reason to believe you, but no basis on why this is false.

-You can now carry 4 weapons and select them individually with keys you can setup yourself (default insert, home, page up and Del key)
No way they are default keys, those have a bad efficiency and they are too far away from the normal controls. Even if you can change controls, that's still not like Michal to make the controls so inefficient.

In other words... I'm sitting on the fence, and have no idea which way to fall.

Keron Cyst
July 16, 2005, 7:59 am
Which ESL map won?

:-P

Zero72
July 16, 2005, 8:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13In other words... I'm sitting on the fence, and have no idea which way to fall.
I think I'm gonna go ahead and hop over onto the bull(Please refrain from swearing) side, if you care to join me for some potato chips or something.

vash763
July 16, 2005, 8:56 am
i wanna come, cause this sounds real fake tooooooome

Swebonny
July 16, 2005, 9:10 am
WOOOOOOOOOOWW :D:DD:D King of the HILL :?:?!!!11

Goofy_92
July 16, 2005, 9:15 am
Hmm... This looks nice, but I think it's a fake (20% I think). Because the "King of the hill" text is a couple of pixels more left than the other mods from the checkbox. Also I can see that it's KIng, not King...

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 9:23 am
THIS CAN'T BE A LIE!!!11 I NEED PINK SANDALS!!11

frogboy
July 16, 2005, 9:58 am
Hitman and Chakra are bull(Please refrain from swearing)ting. All of these features are fake.

LazehBoi
July 16, 2005, 10:18 am
Except for the shield. Yep.

STEELIX
July 16, 2005, 10:41 am
Lies. All lies!!

Hitman
July 16, 2005, 10:57 am
Chakra, Frogboy and Pienne, why do you guys have to do this? You know how long it took me to get Michal to let me release a screenshot and now you f**k it up and make it seem like it's a fake.

Nice one A**holes. Waste of my f**king time

Vij, well spotted. That'll be the first bug reported by a non-beta tester. I've already made the topic but given you the credit : )

Edit: Unlucky and Yuk, I think the reason why Michal said that a built in mod-menu wouldn't be included in the next version was because at the time it was still very very buggy and he was thinking of removing it. That's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with... *Shrugs*

Anyway, thanks to all the mod-happy people on the team they managed to get him to keep it + work on it and it seems to be pretty stable in this beta (Beta 2).

frogboy
July 16, 2005, 11:01 am
quote:Originally posted by HitmanChakra, Frogboy and Pienne, why do you guys have to do this? You know how long it took me to get Michal to let me release a sceenshot and now you f**k it up and make it seem like it's a fake.

It failed, you've already seen the replies, Michal said that he's not putting in a mods menu. It was funny last time, but it failed now.
Hitman edited his post because he saw my reply and knew he had to come up with a story to cover it, as you can see by his edit time.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 11:09 am
coaster man very much hopes the headpop thing happens!

Hitman
July 16, 2005, 11:15 am
Frogboy...dude...I honestly don't see why you're doing this. If you disagree with the preview, go complain to Michal instead of being an asshole and making all my nagging go to waste.

About editing my post, I edited it before I saw your reply (as I forgot to address the issue with the mods) and when I had posted the changes, I saw your reply.

Edit: CHRIST, WHY DO I EVEN HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS?? THERE'S THE F**KING PREVIEW, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, A**HOLES.

Goofy_92
July 16, 2005, 11:17 am
Whoah, Hitman is going hot, calm down. - .-

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 11:29 am
Some are real, some are fake. I'll give a cookie to the first person who can work out which ones are real.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 11:34 am
just about everything, if not all of what chakra said is a joke, i believe the screenshot though

papasurf31
July 16, 2005, 11:46 am
Everything chakra said was fake, everything in the screeny is real. Now Stalky, if you please.

Hitman
July 16, 2005, 11:48 am
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31Everything chakra said was fake, everything in the screeny is real. Now Stalky, if you please.
*Bell rings* Bingo.

vash763
July 16, 2005, 11:51 am
gah, i wanted the cookie :(

i like how people get so heated over this

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 12:15 pm
aww i deserved that cookie

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 12:20 pm
lol what about mariachi hats >_<

this reminds me of that list of 'leaked' features I posted on my site awhile about when 1.2.1 was coming out... shields o.O

DeMonIc
July 16, 2005, 12:29 pm
When I came back from my grandmothers and LazehBoi told me that we're beta testing again, I was shocked. But I was even more shocked when I saw one of the features that got implemented:
Some maps were altered so now they have a Nuke button. Activated by a grenade, the nuke button kills everyone on the map. Michal is working on a shelter function as we speak, but undoubtably this will bring major changes in team gameplay.
Here's a small clip about the new Nuke button on Chernobyl, but there are plans to implement it on Voland, Run and a few inf maps like Fortress and Abel.
http://llsc.us/members/Demonic/uploads/Nuke.zip

Shivorken
July 16, 2005, 12:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcWhen I came back from my grandmothers and LazehBoi told me that we're beta testing again, I was shocked. But I was even more shocked when I saw one of the features that got implemented:
Some maps were altered so now they have a Nuke button. Activated by a grenade, the nuke button kills everyone on the map. Michal is working on a shelter function as we speak, but undoubtably this will bring major changes in team gameplay.
Here's a small clip about the new Nuke button on Chernobyl, but there are plans to implement it on Voland, Run and a few inf maps like Fortress and Abel.
http://llsc.us/members/Demonic/uploads/Nuke.zip

I do not see the point of it ... dipsh*ts on servers will just abuse this feature if it was real ...

DeMonIc
July 16, 2005, 12:55 pm
You can't really abuse it, since you die aswell, and other people might beat you to it, or will simply keep you from using it.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 1:08 pm
lol demonic nice joke.
seriously though, a new feature is if you write "MM sux (alt+F4)" you get booted from the game

Goofy_92
July 16, 2005, 1:27 pm
This is what I got from the video; Just a green box, when you go close to it you respawn? :P

mickle89
July 16, 2005, 1:34 pm
New update:

MM has decided to get rid of the modifications menu and will now be an external window such as soldat config. After many suggestions he decided to implement a 'Mission' style to the game with single player missions. He wouldn't release a screenie of that menu :( as he says it's going to be a big suprise!

[IMAGE]

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 1:42 pm
Why am I suddenly feeling hostile. But, a Mission mode would be nice.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 1:51 pm
hmm, im sitting on the fence on this one, still sounds a little fishy

KeFear
July 16, 2005, 1:56 pm
Hehe.. none of those are real, except for KOTH.

Oh.. and fortunately i got a copy of a secret beta screenshot of the modifications menu. it is not yet complete, but you all can see how it will look like. Probably i will be flamed to let such an image out to public, but i thought you all have to see it as a proof for Hitman's post.

[IMAGE]

TheFunktopus
July 16, 2005, 2:51 pm
You're not very good at editing, and at english :(. "Ghostek", "Phisics" and the smears around the weapons, absolutely no gostek images, and a rather crap interface preview all lead to the fact that is a fake :D

EDIT: Oh, wait, sorry. I was probably drunk when I saw that pic. Sorry again.

KeFear
July 16, 2005, 2:54 pm
what are you talking about? "Ghosteks"?! omg.. you are not talking about THIS picture..
The fact is, the image quality is crap because of jpg compression.

about the crap interface prev and no gosteks, that is not my fault!

y0da
July 16, 2005, 3:36 pm
call the 'King of the Hill' 'Domination' just like in Unreal Tournament.

Goofy_92
July 16, 2005, 3:40 pm
I've seen that picture somewhere before, KeFear.

Da cHeeSeMaN
July 16, 2005, 4:19 pm
i smell bad fish...
i really am starting to think we need new beta testers...

nice try with the nuke but thats just tons of polys like in ahbomb
the teleporter (Please refrain from swearing)

Hoodlum
July 16, 2005, 4:19 pm
All these screenshots are confusing me.

Witcher
July 16, 2005, 4:24 pm
as far as i can remember the first topic about King of the Hill was posted on the old version of the Official Polish Forums :o Though... i still think those pics ain't real. They look TOO fake.

mickle89
July 16, 2005, 5:01 pm
That image by KeFear: The weapon stats box - notice the allignment of the words. Not exactly even are they?

STEELIX
July 16, 2005, 5:01 pm
This thread is fuzzly. Waste of Hitman's time, if y'ask me.

July 16, 2005, 5:12 pm
[IMAGE]

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 5:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31Everything chakra said was fake, everything in the screeny is real. Now Stalky, if you please.

Wrong, please try again.

Goofy_92
July 16, 2005, 5:14 pm
That kind of weapon would be my favourite. XD
What is that map in that screenshot?

July 16, 2005, 5:15 pm
It's a king of the hill map. That's all you need to know.

chakapoko maker
July 16, 2005, 5:36 pm
like Duke's devastator gun!

Swebonny
July 16, 2005, 5:41 pm
Omfg just lets wait untill MM realease Soldar 1.2.2 might be the best soldat ever :D

-Claw-
July 16, 2005, 5:46 pm
Whole thing is hoax, why would testers want to reveal something "secret" even? :|

4 weapons "w00t"; Bah, think about 2 barretts, 1 law and 1 M79, who could miss? o.O
/headpop ffs, what about clanwars, people would pop others when they are angry..
shield: Sprayers eliminated? 1 dude with shield shields 1 barretard in publics, how cool.. >_<

LazehBoi
July 16, 2005, 5:49 pm
Grenades are much more common in Soldat, so it isn't much of a problem. /headpop is only usable by admins - if you're going to war with someone who abuses admin rights like that, then you should just leave.
Also, you can only fire one weapon at a time, so.

rabidhamster
July 16, 2005, 6:55 pm
i think that the only real picture is the first one. i think. kefear's is definitely fake. not sure about the last pic, though. the weapon seems to be too powerful.

mar77a
July 16, 2005, 7:18 pm
"King of the hill"...sounds like a 100% rip from Perfect Dark...

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 7:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsternot sure about the last pic, though. the weapon seems to be too powerful.
No shi', Sherlock?

But I can't wait this to be released...

_Mancer_
July 16, 2005, 7:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkySome are real, some are fake. I'll give a cookie to the first person who can work out which ones are real.

I already did ._.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 7:24 pm
damn man i think mission mode might be nice. it would be kinda like lf2 cept with gunz n way better graphics.

reckon
July 16, 2005, 7:27 pm
But I wanted barefeet.
:(
Guess ill just go changed the proper gostek file.
:edit:
Went ahead and did just that, haha.
[IMAGE]

Hoodlum
July 16, 2005, 7:40 pm
Changing shoe color would be good but I doubt they will put that in.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 8:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by reckonBut I wanted barefeet.
:(
Guess ill just go changed the proper gostek file.
:edit:
Went ahead and did just that, haha.
[IMAGE]

What gostek is that? It look like he has a cape.

I dont know where to stand on the real/unreal issue. I'll just wait and see

KeFear
July 16, 2005, 8:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkySome are real, some are fake. I'll give a cookie to the first person who can work out which ones are real.

As i said before, King of the Hill is the only real thing, others are all fake.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 8:43 pm
Oh, I thought that the Modifications thingie was real...

reckon
July 16, 2005, 8:51 pm
No cape there, my soldier is holding his gun and looking down left.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 9:21 pm
KeFear: Wrong.

_Mancer_: You were wrong. Plus, you didn't mention anything about Hitmans screenshot.

Psyker
July 16, 2005, 10:09 pm
i won't get excited until it actually gets released

KeFear
July 16, 2005, 10:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkyKeFear: Wrong.

_Mancer_: You were wrong. Plus, you didn't mention anything about Hitmans screenshot.

So, one another thing is not fake. Yay.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 10:21 pm
wtf is this topic about ??? Just only a bunch of jokes and fakes.
Why the forum modders\betatesters are doin this ???
I'm sad about them ;_;
God. I like them all. [new features] But don't lie! It's unfair and bad. In otherway "U" will go to hell! Bevare...

July 16, 2005, 10:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixSticky is just using the rapid fire trainer in his pic...

Wrong.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 10:42 pm
I'm not enthousiast at all...i'll be honest guys I don't trust beta testers...
Don't blame me..I have a feeling that'll go sh!t like 1.2.1..

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 10:57 pm
hmmm...im not sure what to think right now...i wanna believe Hitman but im just not sure

MonkeyHead79
July 16, 2005, 10:59 pm
One way or the other: not funny. I dunno who's faking what (and right now I'm leaning towards everything), but there is no way in space that everything mentioned in this thread is real, and whoever is making stuff up has a really, really sick sense of humor. YOU PEOPLE DISGUST ME.

Was anybody here around for the Revolution/ON conspiracy plot about a month ago? That was almost exactly like this. And it was absolutely sickening.

KeFear
July 16, 2005, 11:09 pm
Haha, you will all know everything soon.

July 16, 2005, 11:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFearHaha, you will all know everything soon.

No you won't. We still need to fix bugs concerning the shield.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 11:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stickyquote:Originally posted by KeFearHaha, you will all know everything soon.

No you won't. We still need to fix bugs concerning the shield.

Bull(Please refrain from swearing). Those bugs are already fixed. Now they must do programing about "KIng of the Hill" mode...

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 11:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixSticky is just using the rapid fire trainer in his pic...

[IMAGE]

July 16, 2005, 11:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dairy
Bull(Please refrain from swearing). Those bugs are already fixed. Now they must do programing about "KIng of the Hill" mode...

You are not a beta tester, good sir. Stop making up facts.

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 12:09 am
Ville Mk.2, you (Please refrain from swearing)ing moron....nice cluster cheat...

Denacke
July 17, 2005, 12:13 am
I'm a beta-tester myself, and to be honest I hate the fact "we" are providing you all with this crap.

Seems like "we" had to make clear we have a somewhat more important status than others concerning this game. Don't generalise us though, Hitman created this topic on his own, and some more beta-testers seemed to enjoy messing it up even more. I dislike this behaviour, as more of us beta-testers do.

To the people not trusting us beta-testers: We can assure you we do our job. Apart from making a stupid topic like this, we managed to find and point out over 200 topics with bugs. We do what we can to point out as many bugs to Michal as we can, and Michal is doing all he can to fix them.

Sorry to you all for this topic, I wish it wouldn't exist. Some of us beta-testers should know better than irritate and annoy people.

-Claw-
July 17, 2005, 12:25 am
Why not just to retire them then, if they create crap like this?

rabidhamster
July 17, 2005, 12:51 am
ignore my previous post. all of this is bulls___.

Mielos
July 17, 2005, 12:51 am
To bad that there are that kind of people who just want a whole lot of attention ( even worse when they think they're funny). btw don't try to rush up things: less time , more errors and you'd have to wait for the next version for them to be fixed.

papasurf31
July 17, 2005, 12:59 am
Sticky, are you saying that Chakra was telling the truth, or hitman was lying?

karmazon
July 17, 2005, 1:02 am
[IMAGE]

omg !!!!!!!11

zyxstand
July 17, 2005, 1:06 am
lmao...fake? ;P

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 1:34 am
Blue Team Soldier 1:look out for teh shoe vehicul!!! ahgghgmgmhh!!1
Blue Team Soldier 2:ewwww....HE GOT SPLATTERED....LOLOLOLZ

Michal
July 17, 2005, 1:36 am
[IMAGE]

i am ahab
July 17, 2005, 1:38 am
LMAO karm thats the best picture ever!

Now. please would most of you please stop being annoying whinging children.

do any of you code it?

i didnt think so.

so do half of you even know what is involved in a rewrite of your current 12Meg of code that works to a good degree of success, to fit in a feature that would be cool but you hadnt designed for?

nah uh.

so for gods sake sob dribbling. do any of you actually know whats in the next version?

no.

will you have to wait and see like the rest of us?

yes.

would it be cool if you could change your shoes?

hmm. well let me think. BOTHERED?!

zyxstand
July 17, 2005, 1:39 am
here's another pic on an old map... testers asked me not to show any new maps (dun ask why)
i can only tell that there can only be one web at a time, it doesn't not interfer with enemies in any way, and useful to make quick corners.

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 1:46 am
hmmm...zyx pic=fake

vash763
July 17, 2005, 2:03 am
OMGZ NEW MAPL!!!!!!UNO

rabidhamster
July 17, 2005, 2:05 am
very funny zyxstand...

_Mancer_
July 17, 2005, 2:10 am
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixSticky is just using the rapid fire trainer in his pic...

[IMAGE]

Looks like the weapon editor is fully installed into the ini now eh?

Been talking about it for months, Im guessing michal did it?

[guess]Even though it does look like enesces leet hax, theres no way he could make a gun fire cluster grenades out of a different gun unless he got a source[/guess]

Twinkler
July 17, 2005, 2:23 am
It's not like it'd be hard to photoshop the pic. But anyways, this thread should just be locked or something. What might have started as genuine fact or sly joke has degraded so far that everyone is lamely trying to pretend that they're beta-testers, when almost every knows that most of them would never be trusted by MM.

[wish]Lockage.[/wish]

NavySeal
July 17, 2005, 2:26 am
at least we know that king of the hill is in =D

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 2:28 am
Or do you?

Zero72
July 17, 2005, 2:36 am
The line between truth and bull is officially either transparent, or entirely nonexistant. I don't believe anything at all anymore. That way, everything that IS in will be a pleasant surprise.

Captain Ben
July 17, 2005, 3:22 am
[IMAGE]
You have to admit, that does look pretty cool :D
Imagine using one of those in arena 3, during a 64 person lan party!

mar77a
July 17, 2005, 3:25 am
Leet ownage!!! :P

Weird, what are the things that come out from the machinegun?? (i mean the thingos that drop near hte soldat)

Captain Ben
July 17, 2005, 3:29 am
The gun is shooting cluster grenades.

[IMAGE]

Now this picture is just orgasmic.

mar77a
July 17, 2005, 3:34 am
Stop hacking, that looks way too real :P

Captain Ben
July 17, 2005, 3:40 am
I can't wait for the weapon editor!

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 17, 2005, 3:42 am
As long as they give us mapper some more features to fiddle around with, I'm fine with it.

zyxstand
July 17, 2005, 3:47 am
haha, and i thought you people believe anything

Jello
July 17, 2005, 4:25 am
Pfft, I still remember "pinball mode" from the last time...sons of...oh well. Let the rumors fly.

Unlucky 13
July 17, 2005, 4:30 am
- I've seen that picture somewhere before, KeFear.
You have. (Suggestion Thread) But the image is gone now.

Damn I've fallen off the fence now, Zero, pass the bag o' chips here.
If there is ANYTHING I believe, it'd be Hitman's post, and I'm still cautious about what I say there.

Captain Ben
July 17, 2005, 4:48 am
I'm going to cry if this is a hoax.

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 5:26 am
is chak telling the truth?

Aquarius
July 17, 2005, 5:27 am
quote:Originally posted by DenackeI'm a beta-tester myself, and to be honest I hate the fact "we" are providing you all with this crap.

Seems like "we" had to make clear we have a somewhat more important status than others concerning this game. Don't generalise us though, Hitman created this topic on his own, and some more beta-testers seemed to enjoy messing it up even more. I dislike this behaviour, as more of us beta-testers do.

To the people not trusting us beta-testers: We can assure you we do our job. Apart from making a stupid topic like this, we managed to find and point out over 200 topics with bugs. We do what we can to point out as many bugs to Michal as we can, and Michal is doing all he can to fix them.

Sorry to you all for this topic, I wish it wouldn't exist. Some of us beta-testers should know better than irritate and annoy people.

I'm glad there are still people like you Denacke...

I really hate the crap-testers (with [censored] Hitman in the first place) who make jokes of the community while beta testing. This shouldn't happen.

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 5:31 am
sorry i didnt see it went on for 7 pages lol i posted that after the first page of reading

Aegis
July 17, 2005, 5:53 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixSticky is just using the rapid fire trainer in his pic...

[IMAGE]

[guess]Even though it does look like enesces leet hax, theres no way he could make a gun fire cluster grenades out of a different gun unless he got a source[/guess]

Actually, its very, very, easy to do. Luckily that sort of thing is caught pretty fast by the cheat detection.

frogboy
July 17, 2005, 5:58 am
quote:Originally posted by DenackeI'm a beta-tester myself, and to be honest I hate the fact "we" are providing you all with this crap.

Agreed. I pointed this out as a hoax on page 2-3 because of that and well, because it's funny to see Hitman pissed off. But mostly because of the fact that hoaxes got stupid last version.

FliesLikeABrick
July 17, 2005, 7:04 am
thanks to chakra for inviting me into the beta team in time for this release.

i love knowing the truth and seeing all of you guys quarrel about this all.

reckon
July 17, 2005, 7:11 am
Im just waiting for the release for the final word.
Wish I could beta, but perhaps if I gain popularity, I can beta the next version.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 17, 2005, 7:12 am
Im such an asshat.

zyxstand
July 17, 2005, 7:22 am
hmm...i'd be a great beta tester...
finding glitches is my thing ;P

and i seem to be the only one knowing how to use most*

Captain Ben
July 17, 2005, 7:35 am
How are beta testers chosen, anyway? Do they take a multiple choice test, or merely chosen as gods among mortals?

FliesLikeABrick
July 17, 2005, 7:53 am
no, they are invited when someone who is already a beta tester feels like asking them to join (with the permission of the other testers).

i never asked anyone, and i never even thought about myself being on the beta team. one day on IRC chakra just invited me into the group, saying that i would be a valuable addition to test out the servers and stuff.

if you ask or show any interest in being a beta tester, you probably kill all chances of ever being one

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 17, 2005, 7:53 am
They are the special people on these forums. One person chooses them, so that kind of sucks. If he doesn't like your or doesn't approve, you dont get chosen.

[edit]
heh, i guess I was wrong there then. Michal M told me that b00sta chose testers and that I should ask him.

_Mancer_
July 17, 2005, 7:55 am
Most beta testers contribute to the community and are at least half liked.

2 reasons why I will never be one :]

reckon
July 17, 2005, 7:57 am
Aww good buddy, I like you.
Heres a cut out heart a made with construction paper.

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 8:18 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixSticky is just using the rapid fire trainer in his pic...

[IMAGE]

Wrong, I can do that.. I can do it with the clusters, the miniclusters, and knives. Has nothing to do with the weapons editor. And if you use that in non-singleplayer you get kicked for possible cheat + flood kicked.

Aquarius
July 17, 2005, 8:24 am
Besides, it's not "leet". I would rather call the hax a piece of enesce's stinking sh!t.

FliesLikeABrick
July 17, 2005, 8:58 am
maybe so, but enesce's hacks are the gateway to making screenies that could look like new features :x

_Mancer_
July 17, 2005, 9:02 am
I still think its weapons editor.... Since he stopped making those programs...

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 9:15 am
Lol. New pics with new fake features. U_U'

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 9:19 am
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
KOMPRESSOR FEAR THE NEW WEAPON EDITOR!

Vijchtidoodah
July 17, 2005, 9:25 am
Am I the only one who thinks that these pictures should be removed for fear of people coming in and saying, "I can get hacks that do that? COOL!"

Captain Ben
July 17, 2005, 9:25 am
Holy crap! That's just showing off now :)

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 9:31 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahAm I the only one who thinks that these pictures should be removed for fear of people coming in and saying, "I can get hacks that do that? COOL!"

I agree. From these ones. Ppl will decide to use "weapon manager".
Trainers are evil ]>:(

Da cHeeSeMaN
July 17, 2005, 9:32 am

SEE its obvious we need new beta testers

Goofy_92
July 17, 2005, 9:35 am
What the hell happened while I was sleeping?

frogboy
July 17, 2005, 9:37 am
quote:Originally posted by Da cHeeSeMaN
SEE its obvious we need new beta testers

Just shut up.

Vijchtidoodah
July 17, 2005, 9:48 am
quote:Originally posted by Da cHeeSeMaN
SEE its obvious we need new beta testers.

And, not to jump the gun or anything, I would like to nominate myself as the new Chief Beta Tester.

Lol, just putting the finishing touches on for you.

Seriously, who cares if the beta testers want to frazzle you a little bit? In the end, you're going to get the same product whether or not the beta testers have a little fun at your expense. I'm not saying it isn't immature and irresponsible, I'm just saying that you don't have to whine and demand replacement beta testers.

Just sit back and let them have a little fun. After all, they're the ones who are ensuring that you get the best possible experience out of a great game that costs you nothing.

b00stA
July 17, 2005, 10:50 am
Okay.

We've been testing for a little longer than one month and found many, many bugs.
Does ANYONE here actually remember the last time a beta was tested or does this forum consist of people with alzheimer and newbies?
Back then we started the hoax earlier because stuff got leaked, this time it's done for the fun.
Now, anyone who remembers the last time will know that no information is to be trusted. If you got your hopes up, that's pretty much your fault.

Just wait for the next release and laugh at this topic and stop bashing people like Hitman.

Captain Ben
July 17, 2005, 11:06 am
I want a gun that shoots clusters!

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 11:42 am
Who leaked information about 1.2.1?

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 12:26 pm
Lol? Look on this:
[IMAGE]

LazehBoi
July 17, 2005, 12:39 pm
Would you mind telling us how they faked the explosions, wise one?

Chakra`
July 17, 2005, 12:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick

i never asked anyone, and i never even thought about myself being on the beta team. one day on IRC chakra just invited me into the group, saying that i would be a valuable addition to test out the servers and stuff.

Inviting is usually frowned upon really, and decided by everyone together from the start (everyone = those agreed to assign beta testing from the last beta test). We've trimmed our little beta team down quite a bit this year.

But I invited you for a good reason. Theres a few new options and thingamajigs going on with the new dedicated server, and figured you were the man for the job. Respect ya for that, innit.

..btw..

For the record.

At least 'half' of the stuff mentioned, is true. :D

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 12:57 pm
Lol! Normaly. Check this out.Only for example.
[IMAGE]

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 1:11 pm
Thats a minigun, once the jetpack is released the minigun still propels the character backwards...

July 17, 2005, 1:14 pm
[IMAGE]
Here is a picture of me and my old pal Blain testing out the new spoon gun.

LazehBoi
July 17, 2005, 1:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by DairyLol! Normaly. Check this out.Only for example.
[IMAGE]

Wow mister. I didn't know clusters used full-sized explosions.
And no, it still looks fake as hell. Where is the smoke? Transparency?

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 2:23 pm
Anybody know all the betatesters?

frogboy
July 17, 2005, 2:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by FluffyAnybody know all the betatesters?

All of the betatesters do.

Hoodlum
July 17, 2005, 3:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sticky[IMAGE]
Here is a picture of me and my old pal Blain testing out the new spoon gun.
Lolz spoon gun.

KeFear
July 17, 2005, 3:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
As you can see, there is a new Mods menu, which allows you to switch Mods as well as selecting specific guns, textures, etc to use from each mod. Basically, you can mix mods up with ease.

Either hoax or true, modding support is improved.
The new game mode 'King of the Hill' is pretty self explanatory.

True.
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`

True.

True.

Hoax

Hoax

Hoax

Not sure, i hope true, but i think hoax.

Hoax, but may have something similar for admins to punish :]

I hope it's true.

Hoax :]

These are my guessings, and i hope server now has a command to re-load the settings from the ini files.

caliber
July 17, 2005, 4:02 pm
What are you KeFear? Michael Marcinkowski's partner?

Avarax
July 17, 2005, 4:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitman'I told you there was a beta, yap yap yap'

Swebonny
July 17, 2005, 4:54 pm
What a gay tread...
Why dont Micheal Marcinkowski join this tread and tell us who is betatester and what is fake or real. I think Micheal wouldnot be happy if all this stuff is real..

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 4:59 pm
I don't know if I can believe anything anymore.

zoldat
July 17, 2005, 5:12 pm
my mother is a beta-tester too :O

Liber_Lupus
July 17, 2005, 5:18 pm
can u plz heal me??

zyxstand
July 17, 2005, 5:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by caliberWhat are you KeFear? Michael Marcinkowski's partner?

...you should ba ashamed of yourself, misspelling Michal's name (who has no 'e') with an 'e'.

anyways:

i found so many glitches playing version 1.2.1 - prolly some that others do not know about...and it's really annoying - but since i'm more or less the only one that knows those glitches (esp. in newb servers), i can abuse them real well! (esp. that 'no-flamin-bow' in which the bow reappears in default place)

...and some others i do not wish to talk about...

Hoodlum
July 17, 2005, 5:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by zoldatmy mother is a beta-tester too :O
Really?! So is mine!

:O

Chakra`
July 17, 2005, 5:48 pm
Kefear. You got one wrong. ^_^

Hoodlum
July 17, 2005, 5:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Kefear. You got one wrong. ^_^

I wonder which one..

_Mancer_
July 17, 2005, 6:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hoodlumquote:Originally posted by Chakra`Kefear. You got one wrong. ^_^

I wonder which one..

I think I know. :)

Avarax
July 17, 2005, 6:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_quote:Originally posted by Hoodlumquote:Originally posted by Chakra`Kefear. You got one wrong. ^_^

I wonder which one..

I think I know. :)

dito

Mielos
July 17, 2005, 6:24 pm
Shouldn't this be locked by now? Continueing to guess what right or good , showing off things sureley won't do any good imo

KeFear
July 17, 2005, 6:25 pm
Yeah, i have a guess which one... :]

FliesLikeABrick
July 17, 2005, 6:26 pm
well, he got one wrong if you dont count the ones he wasnt sure about

Hoodlum
July 17, 2005, 6:34 pm
I think I may have an idea which one is real but I am not to sure.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 17, 2005, 7:53 pm
pilfkcab, im guessing.

Zegovia
July 17, 2005, 8:35 pm
I dont care if any of it is real, all i hope for is that the new version will be badass!

If it is as you say that the KOTH gamemode is the only thing true, in that case it sure seems empty at the side of it...... how about you "fill" it up? ^^

lastpatriot
July 17, 2005, 8:59 pm
Anyone else amazed that in 2 days, 5 pages were added?

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 17, 2005, 9:01 pm
I'm not really amazed. It is expected for us all to go crazy over mention of a new version. It happens every time. It really wish they would either have an open beta or not talk about the new version at all, until the day its released.

Hoodlum
July 17, 2005, 9:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by lastpatriotAnyone else amazed that in 2 days, 5 pages were added?
No.

Kazuki
July 17, 2005, 9:14 pm

My respect for you has just skyrocketed.

I can probably say the same about Zero. <3

Edit: And Unlucky 13.

This is boring to me. I get joy when the beta is released and most of the community is completely unsuspecting. For heaven's sake, someone lock this.

Chunky
July 17, 2005, 9:23 pm

lol reading this tell me eveything...

lie...

FliesLikeABrick
July 17, 2005, 9:23 pm

same as kazuki.

I think future betas should be kept completely silent up until the moment of release, and one day a thread should just appear anouncing the new version

pheebzor
July 17, 2005, 9:27 pm
I can't believe that im just seeing this, but then again, I didn't really have a computer yesterday. Finally, KOTH, what a good addition. I also am finally getting ready to enter the mods that have been infesting soldat lately. Hopefully the mod menu will make it easier. What about a built in skin color changer guys? Unless it's bad thing to make your army dude look cool, then i should hope the new version will make it a bit easier. Anyways, looks great!

more toys to play with. Awsome

rabidhamster
July 17, 2005, 9:28 pm
why hasn't someone locked the topic yet? the only cool thing i got out of this was to see how good of a hacker EnEsCe is.

Aquarius
July 17, 2005, 9:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by lastpatriotAnyone else amazed that in 2 days, 5 pages were added?

It's normal with beta rumors/new version threads...

pheebzor
July 17, 2005, 9:32 pm
it's good to fantasize :)

Kazuki
July 17, 2005, 9:37 pm
The weapons have not changed in the beta, by the way, so stop f*cking asking. Weapon balance is something that Michal shouldn't put up with any longer, I believe. If you think there's something wrong with that, then tough on you.

I am glad to see that at least some people in here are excited about new features, rather than rambling on about "OMG YES MY RUGAR IS GONNA POON!"

By the way; Yes, this topic pisses me off.

Zero72
July 17, 2005, 9:39 pm
quote:Kazuki sez:My respect for you has just skyrocketed.

I can probably say the same about Zero. <3Cool. =)quote:and:This is boring to me. I get joy when the beta is released and most of the community is completely unsuspecting. For heaven's sake, someone lock this.
I agree entirely. What ever happened to pleasant surprises?

Aquarius
July 17, 2005, 9:46 pm
BTW, was eNeScE's hacks and cheats tested with the new version?

I think the whole Soldat community is interested in the information if the sh!t works in 1.2.2!
One half because they hate it, and the other half because they use it.

b00stA
July 17, 2005, 9:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by AquariusBTW, was eNeScE's hacks and cheats tested with the new version?

I think the whole Soldat community is interested in the information if the sh!t works in 1.2.2!
One half because they hate it, and the other half because they use it.

As Enesce said somewhere, it only works when playing offline.

Aquarius
July 17, 2005, 9:57 pm
quote:As Enesce said somewhere, it only works when playing offline.
I'm not asking about the retarded knife minigun. He has created more of this (Please refrain from swearing) and it does work online.

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 10:12 pm
Ah ...this is a competition of fakes ^.^
Lol. Okay but with this threat I don't feel happy with waiting on new version. I wish they didn't say all new features... U_U'

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 17, 2005, 10:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquariusquote:As Enesce said somewhere, it only works when playing offline.
I'm not asking about the retarded knife minigun. He has created more of this (Please refrain from swearing) and it does work online.

So you have tried hacks online? ;)

Hoodlum
July 17, 2005, 10:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by DairyAh ...this is a competition of fakes ^.^
Lol. Okay but with this threat I don't feel happy with waiting on new version. I wish they didn't say all new features... U_U'
Yeah same it ruins the suprise of going on the new version and seeing them for yourself.

Zero72
July 17, 2005, 10:16 pm
Take comfort in knowing that at least 90% of them aren't real. And I've probably already forgotten the other 10%. =P

KeFear
July 17, 2005, 10:48 pm
Well, this is now tradition i might say.. so don't worry, it is just a think that keeps the forums a bit alive :]

anyway, i hope enesce's sh!t won't work in the new version.

mar77a
July 17, 2005, 10:54 pm
Well, i read somewhere that EnEsCe told MM all the bugs that made using his hacks possible...

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 11:07 pm
Yeh ive told MM all the tools and shizzle I used so they should get blocked in the new version, all the trainers that were created for 1.2.1 are instantly rendered useless because each time MM compiles a new soldat.exe the memory addresses change, so its all sweet now; Soldat will be cheat free when 1.2.2 comes out (For awhile anyway).

Now all we need is a 3rd party anti-hack client like Cheating-Death ;)

Hoodlum
July 17, 2005, 11:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFear
anyway, i hope enesce's sh!t won't work in the new version.
Oh don't we all.

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 11:40 pm
aww enesce lol i like ur avatar pics..worms one is cool but i like the others u use also.. hehe

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 12:39 am
Oh, i dont think it interest anyone, what kind of avats ur like.. :p
btw nice informations, sounds good. *thumbs up*

Hoodlum
July 18, 2005, 1:06 am
quote:Originally posted by BolekOh, i dont think it interest anyone, what kind of avats ur like..
I may be the only one but wtf is a avat?

N1nj@
July 18, 2005, 1:28 am
it's a typo, avat=avatar

even karmazon can figure that one out

Hoodlum
July 18, 2005, 1:46 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@it's a typo, avat=avatar

even karmazon can figure that one out
Oh.

I thought it was like german.. ;X

Vijchtidoodah
July 18, 2005, 2:05 am
What's up with everyone taking shots at karmazon all of a sudden? It's like a new fad or something.

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 6:51 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@it's a typo, avat=avatar

Yes. =)

frogboy
July 18, 2005, 6:53 am
quote:Originally posted by SwebonnyWhat a gay tread...
Why dont Micheal Marcinkowski join this tread and tell us who is betatester and what is fake or real. I think Micheal wouldnot be happy if all this stuff is real..

Wrong, Michal encouraged us to make the first video (the walking on walls video)

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 7:08 am
video? walking on walls?

Captain Ben
July 18, 2005, 7:12 am
I hope the wall-cling is still happening.

-Claw-
July 18, 2005, 7:22 am
bah, one more lie: Walking on walls!

Aquarius
July 18, 2005, 7:35 am
You can walk on wals in 1.2.x

It wasn't possible before 1.2.0 (except some very old versions).

mickle89
July 18, 2005, 8:45 am
This is the only real image!

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 9:11 am
Still KIng of the hill?

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 9:28 am
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCevideo? walking on walls?

http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=25135&whichpage=1

Aquarius
July 18, 2005, 9:51 am
Huh? I bet Dankwan = Hitman.

KeFear
July 18, 2005, 12:48 pm
Hmm.. that video doesn't exist anymore :]

Hoodlum
July 18, 2005, 4:16 pm
I really want to find out about the mission page.

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 4:37 pm
i beleive this.......

N1nj@
July 18, 2005, 5:56 pm
it's all paint job and photoshop, there is no new mode.

Hitman
July 18, 2005, 5:58 pm
Wow, it is unbelievably and pathetically sad how seriously you people are taking this.

I hear some of you are calling for new beta testers. Why? Because we've spent just over a month testing (some of us giving up our free time), reporting bugs through hundreds of topics, suggesting new options to make your 'game-play' lives easier (and cooler), as well as discussing various balancing issues page, after page, after page, just to get this version as perfect as possible and then decide to play a little practical joke on the community?

Honestly people, look at yourselves; you're getting so worked up over a little joke...regarding a computer game. The next version will still be released and it will still be the same regardless of this topic. You should know by now that we wouldn't reveal any new features included in the new version (well, at least I wouldn't; my post was 100% bulls**t) so with that in mind, instead of getting so worked up over it, just enjoy it, laugh at the people who fall for it and even play along as some of the others have.

Don't complain that this has ruined the surprise of the inevitable release. Oh no, now you know that a new version is due for release...but isn't that what's expected? Plus, you guys still don't know what the f**k's in the new version or when it's going to be released, so what's the problem? I mean don't you have anything better to look forward to in your lives? Or were you waiting to blow your loads at the release of the new version? Furthermore, I'd say that with the recently acquired knowledge that there is a beta being tested it'll make you look forward to the next version even more because you know its coming.

Get a life.quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
Huh? I bet Dankwan = Hitman.
Seriously now. Do you honestly even believe that yourself?

b00stA
July 18, 2005, 6:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by AquariusYou can walk on wals in 1.2.x

Huh? You can walk up walls in 1.0.5b without any problems or am I missing something here?

Hoodlum
July 18, 2005, 6:10 pm
I fell for it.. laugh at me.

KeFear
July 18, 2005, 6:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitmanwell, at least I wouldn't; my post was 100% bulls**t

Hehe, so you are saying that KOTH won't be the new gamemode? ;)

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 6:50 pm

Get a life.

:( that hurts....it really hurts....bahahahha lol...hitman is so right you all do need to get a life

crazymonkey
July 18, 2005, 7:12 pm
I WANT A SPIDERMAN MODE >(

Aquarius
July 18, 2005, 7:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stAquote:Originally posted by AquariusYou can walk on wals in 1.2.x

Huh? You can walk up walls in 1.0.5b without any problems or am I missing something here?

That's what I mean by "some very old versions". When replying to newbies, I don't go into details when it's not necessary.

quote:Originally posted by Hitmanwe've spent just over a month testing (some of us giving up our free time), reporting bugs through hundreds of topics, suggesting new options to make your
And your.

If you are a beta tester, act responsible. Look at the people who didn't have the doubtful joy of reading your previous hoaxes. Look at the newbies who were happy about all the new features you mentioned. And imagine how much they will be disappointed, if some of them were just a (Please refrain from swearing)ing bullSH!T. HA-HA-HA. I just disappointed a bunch of Soldat newbies!

On B00sta's advices: Great advice to laugh at this topic! Can't you see it's funny only for people who know the truth? If someone laugh at something he doesn't understand, it's simply pathetic. Besides this "joke" is OLD.

Hitman
July 18, 2005, 7:23 pm
Oh no, it's the end of the world. Boo, hoo. You see, that's exactly my point. You're taking it too seriously. Who cares if we 'dissapointed' a few newbs, the many cool new features will make up for the faked ones, and they will still play Soldat, regardless.

Lighten the f**k up.

STEELIX
July 18, 2005, 7:25 pm
Take it easy Aqua.. They made a joke, that's it.

b00stA
July 18, 2005, 7:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquariusquote:Originally posted by b00stAquote:Originally posted by AquariusYou can walk on wals in 1.2.x

That's what I mean by "some very old versions". When replying to newbies, I don't go into details when it's not necessary.

1.1.0 and 1.0.5b are right next to each other, so there's no version inbetween. It's kind of confusing to read, though I understand what you mean.
quote:On B00sta's advices: Great advice to laugh at this topic! Can't you see it's funny only for people who know the truth? If someone laugh at something he doesn't understand, it's simply pathetic. Besides this "joke" is OLD.

Well, what did you think of the "pinball mode" hoax? If someone doesn't understand that a pinball mode is a joke, then I honestly couldn't care less.

About this topic: Yes, it is kind of unfair, but it's not really wrong. We're stirring up the forums, people are getting excited about the new version..
It's just like christmas :)
People should have learned that we're (mostly) just kidding.

Aquarius
July 18, 2005, 7:35 pm
It's not the end of the world. It's only a betatester who make jokes of the community, showing his childish and egoistic behaviour. This pisses me off.

that fuking sniper
July 18, 2005, 7:39 pm
Well, this isn't the first time a moderator (or pretty much any person with one form of authority or another, for that matter) acted like a jackass, so I wouldn't be riled up by this one. Besides, common sense tells that if there's a private forum where the new patch changes are being discussed and kept away from the prying eyes of the public, a beta preview would go against the whole effort. I *almost* fell for the king of the hill mode and dropping flags, though, as they were suggested many times in the past.

Hitman
July 18, 2005, 7:41 pm
No, it's called having a little fun. Plus as b00stA said, it's certainly livened this boring dump up. You obviously don't have any fun in your life, and therefore try and inflict your "Omg, I'm anal about everything"..ness on everybody else.

Nobody cares.

Edit: That was at Aquarius over there. Btw, I'm not a mod anymore...haven't been for aaaaages.

Edit #2: In reply to Aquarius's post below. I wouldn't have made this topic if this version was a simple bug fix. The new features in the next version are way better than the ones I faked.

Aquarius
July 18, 2005, 7:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
It's just like christmas :)

EXACTLY.

- I'll tell you a secret... You will get a new bike and a tooth-brush on Christmas!!
- Hooray!
(2 days later)
- And where is the bike?
- I was joking! Haha! Here is your tooth-brush.

That's why you should not make jokes about the new features.

b00stA
July 18, 2005, 7:45 pm
We're not really promising anything, yet we don't tell you about things you would MISS in the next release.

To be honest, there's a lot of truth in this "hoax" topic.

Edit: I demand April jokes to be BANNED IMMEDIATELY.

karmazon
July 18, 2005, 7:46 pm
Lockity Lock ?
I mean, the joke is over right ?

ThaD
July 18, 2005, 7:49 pm
yup lock it

you had your laugh...

KeFear
July 18, 2005, 7:54 pm
yeah, actually there are a LOT of truth in this topic... with some hoaxes also.

Kazuki
July 18, 2005, 7:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonLockity Lock ?
I mean, the joke is over right ?

Oh, and what a joke it was. It wasn't funny and it wasn't interesting. While Hitman has some good points, there was absolutely no reason to making this topic.

So hooray to you, Hitman. Congratulations on accomplishing whatever it was that you wanted to with this 13-page topic.

Edit: I still love you, though. <3

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 8:10 pm
waitwaitwait... it was a joke? can someone gimme a quick summary as I dont feel like going thru 13 pages right now...

DeMonIc
July 18, 2005, 8:13 pm
This topic has fattened up quite a bit.
Now really, just my 2 cents here... this topic maybe childish, but those throw the first rock at us, who had not enjoyed having childish fun every once in a while. This topic was never meant to be serious: it's just a free show where everyone can fun and toy around with his realized visions of the new version. (see the pictures and clips)
So really: you don't have to take everything seriously. Those who are offended by this, I am deeply sorry, but that's just how our humour is like sometimes.

b00stA
July 18, 2005, 8:22 pm
That's all, folks.

If you want any further discussion, create a topic in the Lounge.