( search forums )
mod modification
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
July 16, 2005, 4:36 am
PLZ - i lov modding...though i've never done any really - and i was starting to do some modding but it seems that guns have a fixed 'holding' positiong (where the hand of the soldier is) and it cannot be any bigger than a certain size (messes up reverse holding)...

plz create a way to set the location of where the gun is to be held (with like a ping dot maybe (skin color pink)) so that sodlat treats it as a rotating point!

i wanted to alter the size of the gun - and therefore have the handle much lower - it works fine when aiming in one directino (i think left) but in the other direction he holds the gun too high...

agreed?

EDIT:
to add more capability to it, put a specific colored dot for the handle - such as the default orange color... you won't see the dot anyways during the game while you hold it cuz your hand will cover it. and while it's in the air, the computer should render the dot invisible!

and another colored dot (maybe default pink) to mark the place for the bullet to fly from. also, render that point invisible!

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 5:16 pm
Agreed. I've wanted to have this for a long time.

Keron Cyst
July 16, 2005, 7:31 pm
More specifically, I'd like the images to be based off of the center instead of the top-left (or wh'ever); they'd have more modding capability (the only problem is that it'd interfere with older mods). I'm with Stalky.

Captain Ben
July 17, 2005, 2:33 am
I suggested that once, Keron. But because of the way the game is programmed (Michal M said it himself), he can't change it without screwing the whole game up.

zyxstand
July 17, 2005, 5:02 am
that's the problem you run into when you don't do things modifyable the first time...
he should've programmed it with an easier way to change it! i've had this lesson taught to me before through previous similar errors...

Captain Ben
July 17, 2005, 5:45 am
I don't care about the guns, it's the gosteks that I want move over a bit. I can't really make my pirate hat look decent. It looks like a freakin' bandana!

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 12:02 pm
lol, i cant make a decent looking mech, they look like soilders who walked out of a fancy dress shop :P

papasurf31
July 17, 2005, 1:59 pm
And the bra on mine keeps...nvm

Keron Cyst
July 17, 2005, 5:33 pm
Maybe some .TXT document to guide the Soldat program can accompany mods. It has 2 for the newer, image-centered version, and 1 (or doesn't exist at all) for corner-pixel, older versions...

zyxstand
July 17, 2005, 6:26 pm
yeah - maybe an external .txt file where it says on which point (coordinate) the neck should be attached to the body, the point of rotation for legs, arms, etc. or w.e.....anything to make it work!