( search forums )
Couple o' Suggestions
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Keron Cyst
July 16, 2005, 7:59 am
The screen shouldn't freeze once the match ends. The time can reach 00:00 and the Kill List can end, having been determined, but you should still be able to frag each other 'til the screen fades to black and anti-fades into the next map.

If you get a Double Kill you should get 2 points instead of 1; multi-kills should multiply points (it might give auto Berserkers a bit too much of a point boost, but I'd still like it :-)).

Goofy_92
July 16, 2005, 3:43 pm
1st idea: Yeah, that would look cool, Halo has got it too. ;)

2st idea: That would be sweet also.

The @venger
July 16, 2005, 3:46 pm
man, he didntr mean that you shoukld get a berserker bonus or something, he meant that ppl who go bananas with autos might get too much of a point boost.

Goofy_92
July 16, 2005, 3:53 pm
Oywah! Sorry, I read that quickly because it's going to thunder soon in here. :\

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 5:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystIf you get a Double Kill you should get 2 points instead of 1; multi-kills should multiply points (it might give auto Berserkers a bit too much of a point boost, but I'd still like it :-)).

Go and play Pointmatch please.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 6:21 pm
Same as above.

EDIT: holy (Please refrain from swearing), my 100. post! I'm a lieutenant now.

rabidhamster
July 16, 2005, 7:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystThe screen shouldn't freeze once the match ends. The time can reach 00:00 and the Kill List can end, having been determined, but you should still be able to frag each other 'til the screen fades to black and anti-fades into the next map.

i like this idea a lot! the fading and anti-fading would make soldat look so professinal too!

Keron Cyst
July 16, 2005, 7:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stalky... Go and play Pointmatch please.
No, I mean with Double Kill, Triple Kill, Multi Kill, Multi Kill X2, etc. it'd double every time; 1, 2, 4, 8...

_Mancer_
July 16, 2005, 7:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterquote:Originally posted by Keron CystThe screen shouldn't freeze once the match ends. The time can reach 00:00 and the Kill List can end, having been determined, but you should still be able to frag each other 'til the screen fades to black and anti-fades into the next map.

i like this idea a lot! the fading and anti-fading would make soldat look so professinal too!

I agree.

First idea I would REALLY love to see in 1.2.2.. but I think michal is basically done it already.

Captain Ben
July 17, 2005, 3:38 am
Once the match ends, everyone's guns should disappear, and snowballs should rain down in slow motion! SLOW MOTION!

mar77a
July 17, 2005, 3:45 am
^ Nice one.

On-topic: Double-kills give you 2 points...

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 12:05 pm
yep fading would rock, but when its fading it should go into slow mode, that would be awsome, and us vets (playing for 2 years, dont say im not a vet cause of my post count) could pull out the knife when its in slow mode as some kind of packed

Drama
July 17, 2005, 12:27 pm
yea the 1st one is nice, but is it worth the effort?

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 12:41 pm
yes

Keron Cyst
July 17, 2005, 5:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by mar77a... Double-kills give you 2 points...
Really? I never noticed that. I still think the point-boost should be obvious.

AerialAssault
July 17, 2005, 5:45 pm
i think that everyones screen should center on the player with the highest points at the end of the round as it moves in slow motion.