( search forums )
Indeed needed improvements
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
July 17, 2005, 5:06 am
here are three things that would be really important (and i don't believe too hard) features to be implemented:

1) update to lobby changes made by admin during gameplay - such as password addition and perhaps bonus frequency (though that's not a biggy)...

2) approve of entry into a game before trying to activate it: this means check if password is correct first, and see if server isn't full (or any other limitations possible). this would prevent that annoying double changing screen-mode result which, in full screen mode, takes almsot forever (yes, these 3 secs get REALLY annoying)

3) the regular arrow from rambo match in the client version has the ability to go through colliders, but in dedicated servers, it renders it stopped by the collider. i tested this a few times with some friends; he was standing behind a collider and i shot at least 5 times through the collider, appearing to be hitting him (blood coming out and all) - and he even saw that - but he get hurt one bit...

mar77a
July 18, 2005, 1:20 am
I agree with all of them, specially with 1 and 2...

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 18, 2005, 7:03 am
1. /password "Password" and /bonus should work, check the manual.

2. Good idea, be nice to have

3. I didn't notice, but yeah, that must've been a bug.

_Mancer_
July 18, 2005, 7:05 am
#3 happens with all weapons.

Unlucky 13
July 18, 2005, 7:11 am
- #3 happens with all weapons.
I only noticed it with the Rambo Bow, but yes, all are good suggestions. First is actually a lot more helpful than you think, especially when you want to join that server and then the password is set.

zyxstand
July 18, 2005, 7:30 am
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da Lunerfox1. /password "Password" and /bonus should work, check the manual.

uhm, if i'm getting you right, then i'd have to say that what i meant was that these in-game occuring changes are not registered in the server-lobby thingy... i noticed this esp. during the past few days in shinobi's server because he kept putting a p.w and taking it off again - and the 'no password' filter kept letting it through (even with a p.w on)

quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_#3 happens with all weapons.

uhm, in client version, all bullets/projectiles but the bow are seen to be blocked too

Dark_Noddy
July 23, 2005, 12:11 pm
Nice suggestions, U have my support :)