( search forums )
CTF_Radonia - 1.0
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
Boxo
July 17, 2005, 4:00 pm
CTF_Radonia (1.0)

[IMAGE]

Another antisymmetrical CTF map, a little like ctf_argonia. It's pretty fun and fast-paced. Took me a few days to create, and i'm pretty happy with it. It's not waypointed, there's too much flying to waypoint for me. The map is also an OK INF map with some changes, so I included an INF version too. No custom scenery/textures used.

DOWNLOAD HERE

EDIT: Lol, this is the 666th topic in New Maps :D

A couple of screnshots from in-game:

[IMAGE]

Keron Cyst
July 17, 2005, 5:31 pm
Yeah, I thought it looked somewhat reminiscent of ctf_Argonia.
I like the openness of the map. SGs in front of the flags would look nice. And IMO you should place another MediKit respawn point at each player respawn.
About the water, is it lethal like chakapoko maker's Island2k5? I don't think you should be able to fire an auto from underwater... and what's that little opening behind Alpha? :-P

I might download it later (for sure if you apply more version changes).

EDIT IMO it'd also be better if Bravo's trenches weren't so humongous.

Michal
July 17, 2005, 5:51 pm
Very nice as usual.
The soft colours and shading look nice, the layout is good too. I prefer maps that are not symmetrical.
I look foreward to playing it online some time :]

Goofy_92
July 17, 2005, 5:55 pm
This one is cool.
Pretty nice shading, colours and it looks original.
*thumbs up*

Rambo_6
July 17, 2005, 7:40 pm
Why does one side have a hole in the base?

Also, it seems like there aren't many routes. perhaps adding more islands (small) may enhance the playability?

Deleted User
July 17, 2005, 7:40 pm
I like. Everything looks good. *downloads*

Felix
July 17, 2005, 8:18 pm
very nice, but, it seems to be more difficult to get into the red base, than for the reds -.-

sbu-spyvin
July 17, 2005, 9:13 pm
Nice map! Good choose of colours :)

Maxx
July 17, 2005, 10:06 pm
Nice layout, but maybe add another route. And yes, the colors are great.

Boxo
July 18, 2005, 12:23 am
Keron Cyst:
-There are SG's in the INF version. They'd make CTF way too unbalanced.
-I don't see a point for extra medikit respawns, but if I make another version, I might put those in.
-The water is made of scenery, the underwater polygons are set to "hurt". I don't know what's Island2k5's water is like :/. Also, there's viable way to stop shootage from underwater.
-Bravo doesn't have trenches, they're kind of a mountainside. It can't be too flat.

Rambo_6:
- The hole is just there for occasional fun. There's not much use for it, except for suicide jumps.
- The map's supposed to have only a few routes. It's not a traditional ctf map :p

Felix:
How about you play it and the comment on the gameplay. >.<
There hasn't been any balance issues for me.

thx for the feedback, people.

I'm already working on CTF_Kryptonia, btw :p

mar77a
July 18, 2005, 12:34 am
Very nice, i like the fog fx...

VodkaZombie
July 18, 2005, 3:29 am
Adding another route would just ruin the map.

The @venger
July 19, 2005, 2:26 am
yeah i like :D
although i dont like the "hurting water" thats just stupid, i dont even think water should be in any soldat map until it is really added in the game. *bitterness off*
nice and smooth, i think it la-la-lagggs on my computer. ^^