( search forums )
dynamic crosshair
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
AerialAssault
July 17, 2005, 5:43 pm
i think there sould be a dynamic crosshair, such as in other shooters where your weapons accuracy is determined by your movement and weight of your weapon. i think this should be implemented into soldat if possible. but i think it should be toned down a bit and some weapons should be made more powerful to cope with the loss of accuracy. i think all autos should be made 10% more powerful and 20% less accurate. also make the m79 less accurate and give it more power. same goes with the barret but give it more range and make it less accurate in the air, but make it to where you can still hit your target at close range and extreme long range.

the goal here would be to give more of an advantage to soldiers who would be still for a moment and take aim.

zyxstand
July 17, 2005, 6:28 pm
it already does that - while you walk your aim goes off a bit, esp. with barret... and to get better aim with other guns (best seen with hk mp5), crouching (therefore less movement) makes all bullets fly VERY accurately in a single line (or curve)...

AerialAssault
July 17, 2005, 7:58 pm
i know, but i mean increase the effects of it. and make some weapons more powerful to counter it.

papasurf31
July 17, 2005, 8:15 pm
I've always thought that weapon bullets should all fly perfectly straight (ignoring gravity), but be affected more by spray and recoil while moving/taking damage. Bink could very easily be adapted to this idea, but these chnages would effectively slow down the game, and make it more CS-ish. One of soldat's primary selling points was the fast, unrealistic action, something that this change would effectively eliminate (but bring other good points too).

zyxstand
July 17, 2005, 8:38 pm
unfortuantely, i like games (2-d cuz theyr'e kinda fun) that need strategic thinking, though real time...kinda like soldat.
but soldat is too fast-paced but i still own ;P

i am ahab
July 17, 2005, 10:33 pm
i agree with the m79 thought. the explosion should be carnage in shoes. enough to blow you across the ground if it lands near you, but with an incresed reload time and hesitated firing time and increased recoil.