( search forums )
Well, hit. My keyboar ha hat the be.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Zero72
July 18, 2005, 3:05 am
I've ha thi keyboar or like ix year or omethin, an now all o the key between A an H have ecie not to work. They on't eel o or anythin, an I'm pretty ure all the connection are alriht, but the key jut on't work.

Thi bite har.

Vijchtidoodah
July 18, 2005, 3:10 am
Turn over your keyboard, take out the screws in the back, and pull the front cover off. There should be a rubber mat of little bumps and then a circuit board -- realign the mat so that each bump is under the appropriate letter. Put everything back together. Test.

If it works, good.

If it doesn't, take it outside, find an ugly person, and then smash the keyboard into their face. After they hit the ground, dig through their pockets for any loose change. Repeat, if necessary, to get enough loose change to buy a new keyboard. Hook up the new board, and place the old one on your wall as a trophy.

_Mancer_
July 18, 2005, 3:18 am
I've ha thi keyboar or like ix year or omethin, an now all o the key between A an H have ecie not to work. They on't eel o or anythin, an I'm pretty ure all the connection are alriht, but the key jut on't work.

Thi bite har.

Translation(??)

I've had this keyboard for like six years or something, and now all of the keys between A and H have decided not to work. (?)They dont feel odd or anything(?), and I'm pretty sure all the connections are alright, but the keys just don't work.

This bites hard.

mar77a
July 18, 2005, 3:19 am
^ Lol.

While your keyboard sucks use this.

_Mancer_
July 18, 2005, 3:21 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahTurn over your keyboard, take out the screws in the back, and pull the front cover off. There should be a rubber mat of little bumps and then a circuit board -- realign the mat so that each bump is under the appropriate letter. Put everything back together. Test.

If it works, good.

If it doesn't, take it outside, find an ugly person, and then smash the keyboard into their face. After they hit the ground, dig through their pockets for any loose change. Repeat, if necessary, to get enough loose change to buy a new keyboard. Hook up the new board, and place the old one on your wall as a trophy.

Actually you should also wash it in the dishwasher, and yes, I am being serious and it is safe to do that.

Look it up if you want, put it in the dishwasher with all your other dirty dishs and try it off for a day and it will wash all the dirt and crap inbetween it.

mar77a
July 18, 2005, 3:38 am
But make sure it's dry when you plug it back again or...

[IMAGE]

Zero72
July 18, 2005, 3:40 am
Look like I'm tuck with option B. Tryin to repair it wa utile.

Mancer, you were completely riht except or the part between the quetion mark. Think o the key between E an C.

mar77a
July 18, 2005, 3:52 am
(?)They dont feel to or anything(?)

seem?

vash763
July 18, 2005, 3:52 am
why dont you star whippin up pics in paint

Zero72
July 18, 2005, 4:07 am
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8990/untitled2rf.png

Rambo_6
July 18, 2005, 6:14 am
So that's why your msm conversations look like they were pieced together by a 6 year old :D

http://tinypic.com/901s9s.gif

Zero72
July 18, 2005, 6:15 am
I have to in OME way aroun it.

STEELIX
July 18, 2005, 6:38 pm
You could also buy a new keyboard..
I miss your intelligent remarks everwhere.
EVERYWHERE
You dirty spammer.
;)

Zero72
July 18, 2005, 6:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by STEELIXYou could also buy a new keyboard..That' kin o the plan at thi point. =P
quote:I miss your intelligent remarks everwhere.
EVERYWHERE
You dirty spammer.
;)
Thank, an ah, haahp at the ame time. =P

Eit: An I can et aroun it by copyin an patin the neee letter, but I'm too lazy to o that all the amn time.

STEELIX
July 18, 2005, 7:44 pm
haahp...

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 8:01 pm
what OS do you have? if you have XP, look under control panel for accesibility options. then to the left, click on-screen keyboard.

rabidhamster
July 18, 2005, 8:08 pm
use the on-screen keyboard that comes with windows 2000 and xp (start>programs>accessories>accessability)

Zero72
July 18, 2005, 8:29 pm
...Huh. Well, that's pretty handy. Thanks for pointing that out for me.

karmazon
July 18, 2005, 8:31 pm
now get a new keyboard

Zero72
July 18, 2005, 8:41 pm
Good idea.

STEELIX
July 18, 2005, 9:03 pm
But I still don't know what haahp means..

rabidhamster
July 18, 2005, 9:13 pm
haahp. neither do i.

Zero72
July 19, 2005, 9:19 am
"Shaddahp." =P