( search forums )
M3G4T0KY0 M0D (MegaTokyo Mod)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 3:19 pm
Yes, I know there arent many weapons shown in Megatokyo...
But there are some, and those are the ones I want to make.
Others will either be improvised or taken from other places, so it's more of a "Miscelleneous WebComic Mod". Lol.So long as j00 like it.
Some screenies will come soon, be patient. Might release a beta. MIGHT.
Or the whole mod might come crashing down..hope not.

Edit: Screens are here. These are the weapon menu stuff.
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

vash763
July 18, 2005, 4:05 pm
prrrty damn cool

Maxx
July 18, 2005, 4:35 pm
A "Miscellaneous WebComic Mod" would be awesome.

I think the bluish gun looks the best.

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 4:43 pm
The 'blueish gun' is the SONY Killstick seen in MegaTokyo, but I cant remember the episode. Do not be confused with the SONY KillTrunk, which is an artillery cannon the size of a classroom, and too big for Soldat.

It would also be really unbalanced.

Edit: I forgot to name the guns! Sry here r the names of those guns,in their order:

'Agnus Dei' Repeater | Nagase AutoRifle | SEGA Ion Rifle
SONY KillStick
HeatBolt G-57 MachineGun

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 10:50 pm
I like only that 1st one.

Keron Cyst
July 19, 2005, 1:01 am
Looks nice. Could use longer barrels for 'em all except for the KillStick, and more shading.

July 19, 2005, 2:29 am
Not bad, but some of ur pics need more detail, there's a detail gap between 1st and last

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 3:25 am
Be patient.

The problem with making longer barrels is that it looks strange ingame (I tried), and deviates somewhat noticably from what I originally intended.

Also, I did tell j00 that this was a beta. But I haven't much excuse for the detail part now.*attempts fix*

The KillStick is kinda hard to give details to because all pics I've seen of it don't have any proper shading, so I can't even do any judgement. If anyone can help me in this area, by providing source imgs, would be appreciated.

Also, I just put together some reload sounds, most from (Insert drum roll and trumpet player) HALF-LIFE 2. The barret was difficult, because it wuz so long. Had 2 use Wavepad to stitch some sounds together, and it actually came out quite well.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 3:50 am
STOP T3H PR355!!

I checked the HeatBolt ingame and in my editor, and the detail is actually quite good.I did what I could anyway, and now it looks slightly better. I'm more concerned about the Nagase AR. Fixing now...

July 19, 2005, 7:39 am
Meh nice, there are some other pics of the killstick, like the coloured version, but i dont understand why a megatokyo mod has other types of weaps?

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 8:14 am
I already said - it's more of a "miscelleneous webcomic" mod. It started off as a MT mod, but there weren't enough weapons, just a handful of nice ones which I wanted, but I also needed to replace other stuff, so I made it a Miscelleneous Webcomic mod. Some are improvised, and will be improved or replaced later. More screenies coming soon.

My philosophy is that the name doesn't matter, s0 l0ng @5 j00 l1k3 1t.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 11:23 am
The weapons menu so far:
[IMAGE]

SPARTAN_III
July 19, 2005, 12:46 pm
tip: dont use a single black line for anything. (referring to handguard in 6). the line is not part of the gun, it's an outline

your weapons look a little too chunky, especially 4 + 8

one more tip: use the edit button instead of double posting

July 19, 2005, 3:56 pm
Nice mod so far, but i have to agree, the black line makes it look like the background is part of the gun.

off topic: Spartan , WTF is fighers of saladin(in ur sig)

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 1:45 am
The thing is that it isn't. I know that solid black is reserved for outlines, but i was working with a very small image, so there is no space to fill in the inside without it looking akward, so all you see on the handle is solid black.

And what the (Please refrain from swearing) do j00 m3an by chunky?

If you mean large-chunky, then 8 is supposed to be like that, while 4 is actually the same size as the Steyr originally was ('cos i painted over the original bmp),so it is a bit bigger than it should be. Will fix, will fix...

Also, I'm gonna be away to 4L45(<4 (Alaska) after this week, so i can't reply to any posts, or work on the mod. Will be back in 2 weeks. Sorry.

SPARTAN_III
July 20, 2005, 2:58 am
quote:Originally posted by GryffonKnightThe thing is that it isn't. I know that solid black is reserved for outlines, but i was working with a very small image, so there is no space to fill in the inside without it looking akward, so all you see on the handle is solid black.

and therefore you can put the colouring on the outside of the grip. fix the carrying handle of 4 too.

yeah, i know, i'm to f***ing critical when it comes to mods, but that's what you get from not using default for a year or so, and using mecha soldat (the best) for 3 months on end.

Goofy_92
July 20, 2005, 3:04 pm
Looks nice, 1 l1k3 M3g4t0ky0 2. ;)

SPARTAN_III
July 21, 2005, 4:08 am
when i said chunky in 4, i meant things like the grip is too big etc. not the gun as a whole, just the proportions.

dont draw over the original, just make em as big as necessary to show detail. but not too big, of course.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 9:56 am
Hey guyz, back @ last from Alaska.
Okay...now back to business.
I'm gonna make adjustments bcause 1.3 just came out...
I'll post the differences later, first I need to work out what to change...

EDIT: OH
(Censored)(Censored)(Censored)(Censored)(Censored)
(Censored)(Censored)(Censored)(Censored)(Censored)
My drive crashed..I LOST THE DAMN MOD!!
I'll see what I can recreate from the stuff that I posted, but dont expect much. Or maybe I could redo some of the weapons in greater detail. Yeah, that sounds good...

SPARTAN_III
August 10, 2005, 11:42 am
*cough*his drive crashed cos he usd a reg crack*cough*

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 11:48 am
I'm very sorry. After that crash, all data was lost, and nothing could properly be salvaged. I'm very sorry, and I would like the mods to close down this thread to stop spammage.

I'll begin work on another mod soon.Just need inspiration.
I'm very sorry, to those who were anticipating something.

Shivorken
August 11, 2005, 1:27 pm
The guns look abit screwd up especially the minigun ... mainly due to the fact that the parts you added in are not as detailed as the original minigun and minimi.