( search forums )
CTF Trancao
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Raptor
July 18, 2005, 7:13 pm
CTF Trancao
Once again, I made another CTF map. This time called CTF Trancao. (The name is in spanish and it's hard to explain it xD) It took me like 6 hours to complete and I think it is very good!

Here's the screenshot:

[IMAGE]

Download here:

http://mr.netpub.org/soldat/soldatbeta/maps/CTF_Trancao.zip

The map IS waypointed!

rabidhamster
July 18, 2005, 7:23 pm
it looks fun... but what happened to team wars?

Raptor
July 18, 2005, 7:29 pm
I'm still fixing it (I just figured out that most of the scenerys are transparent... that happened because I have an old ATI card and I see transparent things normal, like if they are not transparent. So I deleted all the scenerys and I'm remaking them. Somebody told me that the scenerys were transparent and he gave me a screenshot) but I promise that I'll post the new map as soon as I can!

And thanks for saying that the map looks fun! That makes my day xD

rabidhamster
July 18, 2005, 7:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Raptor
...And thanks for saying that the map looks fun! That makes my day xD

no problem. that's what i'm here for...

Keron Cyst
July 18, 2005, 8:41 pm
The center path looks too similar to ctf_Egipto (sp.?). It'd look awesome if you put two more floating boulders on either side, between the center and the suspended boulders. Is the top deadly? It should be, or else the map will become packed with campers quickly.

What are those black things, in front of the bases at the bottom?

Raptor
July 19, 2005, 12:28 am
Those are sandbags, each side has a sentry gun in them.

EDIT: A way to kill soldiers in the sentry guns is to throw a grenade to them from the tunnel in the center.

EDIT2:Oh... I put my map in the wrong place. grand diablo, can you move this topic to the New Maps section?

sbu-spyvin
July 20, 2005, 1:46 pm
This looks like CTF_egypte or something like that

vash763
July 20, 2005, 2:45 pm
ya it does

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 10:22 pm
I like it, but I would suggest adding a third, lower tunnel. That's just my personal preference.

Keron Cyst
July 21, 2005, 2:20 am
Yes! Leading from the very corner pits and only connecting to each other and nothing else, like ctf_Run. That'd be awesome B-)

Raptor
July 21, 2005, 4:42 am
Well if you all want me to fix it and make a third lower tunnel, then I'll do it.
What you all think about that suggestion?

Keron Cyst
July 21, 2005, 5:23 pm
Only if it connects the back corner pits.