( search forums )
What if michal starts making money out of Soldat?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ok
July 19, 2005, 12:24 am
A recent discussion raised a question in my head..
Would I mind if Michal starts making money (real money) out of this game?
Now its not an issue of what rights we have to decide that (we have none btw)
Just a question, if we'll mind at all!

Well it didn't took me alot of time to think about it.
I won't! I simply won't mind, actualy I would really like the idea!
No on our expense ofcourse :) the point of the game was to make it free, but advertisments! that's a great way to make that money!
Would you mind having the occasional pop-up? I won't (I have an anti popup program anyways :P).
But seriously, I wouldn't mind, I would even happly press banners to give him more money.

I'm pretty sure he will be a wealthy man some day, he sure got a good head on his shoulders, but as a student he should have some fun with this creation of his!
I have no idea what his financial situation is, but judging by his computer's discription I would say he can use the extra cash..

I say lets support him! lets tell him we would happly help!
Unless you do mind :) then you are invited to express your opinion.

Chakra`
July 19, 2005, 12:48 am
Are you nuts? I got bills man!

Let him grow up, get a good education, then go on to do what most polish do. Credit card fraud.

Denacke
July 19, 2005, 12:50 am
He deserves to earn money from this game. This has cost him hours and hours of work. Hope it gets refunded with the registering money (though I doubt it.)

NavySeal
July 19, 2005, 1:36 am
He do get money from the people who buys his game

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 1:47 am
lmao credit card fraud

_Mancer_
July 19, 2005, 1:51 am
Why do you think he made the 9$ registration in the first place?!

DeMo
July 19, 2005, 1:57 am
Let's support him and give him his well deserved money by REGISTERING the game.
But please.. no popups, no embeded ads, no banners, no spyware/adware..

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 8:21 am
adds in game i reckon. in the middle of a heavy fire fight? need cover? why not hide behind the new bullet proof coke machine, and while your there why not have a nice cold coke. war the way it should be :P

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 8:22 am
yay 100 posts, couldnt resist sorry for double posting

Ok
July 19, 2005, 9:58 am
Now that's an idea, advertizments while you wait to spawn :P

i am ahab
July 19, 2005, 10:33 am
lol yes!

the heads of your enemies could be replaced with advertsing pics and names from our sponsor!

COCA-COLA has scored for Alpha Team! (/victory -> replaced with 'the real thing TM')

You killed THE US GOVERMENT RECRUITMENT DRIVE! APPLY TODAY! (/smoke -> replaced with /quit)

papasurf31
July 19, 2005, 1:18 pm
"(/smoke -> replaced with /quit)"

I doubt the national heart and cancer association would be interested in game about ending other people's lives as fast as possible :P

UltraMagnus
July 19, 2005, 4:02 pm
urg, i can tell you now, ads=lag

im not against MM getting payed for what he does, thats why i registered.

maybe ads while respawning (say a small one in the corner or somthing) or inbetween matches

or possible a infinatly better idea is to have ads on the forums and main page, not popups, just banner ads or whatever

although, if ads were to be included in game, how about in a imaginative way, say a plane flying across the map with a banner thing?

TIR_Blade
July 19, 2005, 7:03 pm
Why not replace the intro screen that most of us hate anyways with a few ads...then u press escape, and it gives u more ads on the side along with your profile...then u press ok and then no more ads...or ads while You spawn...or adds in the form of server messages that scroll from right to left with a message about a product...all of these really don't slow down anything because we wait for intro anyways...along with the profile...and spawning...and the server message we don't wait...And mike can get him some extra money on nobody's account...the question is who would advertize in soldat when the newspapers have such a larger group of audience...

TheRelinquished
July 19, 2005, 7:19 pm
I think he very well could make money on Soldat. A helluva lot of money in fact. Whether he implemented some kind of advertisement or just by charging for its use (aside from registration, I'm talking Star Wars: Galaxies, here). But I don't think that he would do that, because it undermines what the game has always been: a free (relatively), easy to play, amazingly enjoyable game. By adding advertisements and other money-grabbing concepts to it, you give it a sell-out feel. And then it doesn't seem so fun.

Mind you I'll admit that I'm cheap and I hate pop-ups and advertisements, and I think that Michal deserves boo koos of cash for what he's done, but honestly I just think that at this stage in the game (no pun intended) it wouldn't fit. And besides, if his future games are anything like this, he'll be a millionaire anyway.

UltraMagnus
July 19, 2005, 9:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by TheRelinquishedI think he very well could make money on Soldat. A helluva lot of money in fact. Whether he implemented some kind of advertisement or just by charging for its use (aside from registration, I'm talking Star Wars: Galaxies, here). But I don't think that he would do that, because it undermines what the game has always been: a free (relatively), easy to play, amazingly enjoyable game. By adding advertisements and other money-grabbing concepts to it, you give it a sell-out feel. And then it doesn't seem so fun.

Mind you I'll admit that I'm cheap and I hate pop-ups and advertisements, and I think that Michal deserves boo koos of cash for what he's done, but honestly I just think that at this stage in the game (no pun intended) it wouldn't fit. And besides, if his future games are anything like this, he'll be a millionaire anyway.

a star wars galaxies style thing would be really bad, and really annoying, and soldat is too easy to crack anyhow for that...

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 9:37 pm
here is a similar topic to this one. i think michal getting a small-fair amount of maoney through ppl who are registering

rabidhamster
July 20, 2005, 1:04 am
amazing... people actually want ads ¦P

MOFO NOFO
July 20, 2005, 10:25 am
mabye if he had a paypal donation thing, or somewhere where people can post him money, im sure there are many people willing to pay him a small sum of money for the great game he has given us (if he already has a paypal donation thing, then ... meh.)

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 10:50 am
nah adds in game would be easier :P im a very lazy man

UltraMagnus
July 20, 2005, 10:56 am
quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsteramazing... people actually want ads ¦P

yeah, this does seem kinda crazy, on most games you find people complaining about adds, and we are complaining about the lack of adds!

then again, when your on a forum with a load of people who play a game where small soldiers shoot each other in gory fashions with OTT weapons, what do you expect? sanity? what is that?

TheRelinquished
July 20, 2005, 11:16 am
Not sanity, no. I expect pointless, poorly phrased complaints and insults typed out in broken forms of leet speak. For this is what I expect of Soldat from experience.

Really I think that's exactly what we have here. But less leet speak. And much more sophisticated insults. Or maybe just longer ones....It's easier to insult someone when you don't have to watch your spawntime.

MOFO NOFO
July 20, 2005, 12:28 pm
you SURE you all want more ADDs?? because i dont really like people with Attention Defecit Disorder(?) ..... ITS ADs MORONS!

Ok
July 20, 2005, 1:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by TheRelinquishedNot sanity, no. I expect pointless, poorly phrased complaints and insults typed out in broken forms of leet speak. For this is what I expect of Soldat from experience.

Really I think that's exactly what we have here. But less leet speak. And much more sophisticated insults. Or maybe just longer ones....It's easier to insult someone when you don't have to watch your spawntime.

Aye, one of the main reasons for my posts it to try and bring some sain discussions into this kiddy dominated forum.

As you can see we don't mind adds, and I truely believe that if Michal deserves this money, I'm sure he's making some over the 9$ reg thingy.
But I'm talking about taking money from other companies and not us.
MAJOR money.
Also think about the good it will do to us, who knows maybe he will invest some of it in developing soldat.

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 1:48 pm
MM would get better change for selling soldat for some game group if soldat has single player campaing (atlest I think so) (and that game selling would be easyest way for MM but I know it is hard to make single players campaing in game like that :> but all commectial games have single player campaing (well moust of them)))

MOFO NOFO
July 20, 2005, 2:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOyou SURE you all want more ADDs?? because i dont really like people with Attention Defecit Disorder(?) ..... ITS ADs MORONS!

TALKIN TO YOU Ok! and anyone else...

UltraMagnus
July 20, 2005, 4:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by KoulemanMM would get better change for selling soldat for some game group if soldat has single player campaing (atlest I think so) (and that game selling would be easyest way for MM but I know it is hard to make single players campaing in game like that :> but all commectial games have single player campaing (well moust of them)))

tribes diddent, and UT2k4 may as well not have one.