( search forums )
I don't have any ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Raptor
July 19, 2005, 1:10 am
I want to make a new map, but I don't have any ideas.
I would like to hear some your ideas and then after everyone is satisfied, I'll make the map! Also it would be better if you make a little drawing of the map, that way it would be easier for me to make it.

About CTF Team Wars: I'm still working on it. I'm replacing scenerys right now (I'm a busy mapper).

Jamesmax0
July 19, 2005, 3:44 am
Maybe something like two spaceships or something?
Or a canyon with cave bases on either side?

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 10:16 am
Good idea. Im clueless as to what to make so ill try that out. Funny - im still new to map making and naturally i have lots of ideas for things...and I dont.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 12:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Jamesmax0Maybe something like two spaceships or something?
Or a canyon with cave bases on either side?

I whipped something up with your cave bases idea.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/Extacide/newmap.png

Does that look like what you imagined? I spent a few hours, its only the outline of the whole thing. If the valley isnt long enough, i could easily make it larger.

The shading is a bit messed up in the bases when it goes from dark to light, then to normal rock, but again its just to see if i could do your idea. I was thinking of adding various bridges through out the whole map, to provide walk ways from base to base, and add several...and maybe do something with the valley at the bottom.

Comments?

Oh, and btw there is already a map similar to your spaceships idea if you didnt know. Look around for it.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 3:34 pm
I think the caves on either side of the canyon should have more different paths. A larger cave with lots of smaller tunnels leading to various exits.
[IMAGE]

Jamesmax0
July 19, 2005, 8:03 pm
That was what i was thinking of extrcide, but with a bit more obstacles in the middle of the valley. But so far its good :)

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 10:23 pm
Ill see what I can do. I'll be working on it now I guess.

The @venger
July 20, 2005, 12:05 pm
thats how a soldat map shold be, a cozy, sunny map, for carnage trips with the family... :D

sbu-spyvin
July 20, 2005, 1:33 pm
That map looks nice ;)
We should be able to walk over that clouds !!

vash763
July 20, 2005, 2:44 pm
haha yes i agree

Raptor
July 21, 2005, 4:40 am
I'll do the map
Well, if you all like that map... then I'll make it! But before that, I want you all to tell me some basic things about it, like:

-Soldiers should be able to walk on those clouds?
-I don't know how much jet fuel do you want for the map (or it should be a non flying map)
-Tell me about what kind of weather effect you all want on it
-Name?
-Bg colors (I'm obsolete choosing them)

That's it!

Deleted User
July 21, 2005, 5:09 pm
You should have enough to reach the second lowest tunnel on either side. Any more than that and you could jump over the pillars and might be able to jump over most of the valley from the top tunnel.

rabidhamster
July 21, 2005, 6:34 pm
colors:

top: 192,128,96
bottom: 80,144,192

wunderbear
July 21, 2005, 8:01 pm
THat map looks cool. Yeah. I want that. :D

Keron Cyst
July 21, 2005, 10:18 pm
@rabidhamster: are those coordinates Hue-Sat-Lum or RGB?

rabidhamster
July 22, 2005, 12:23 am
^rgb

EDIT: i never use hsl, so always interpret my x,x,x values as rgb.

Raptor
July 27, 2005, 11:59 pm
I MADE THE MAP!

Jamesmax0
July 28, 2005, 1:47 am
Looks nice, im downloading it now

KeFear
July 28, 2005, 1:59 am
Make an oilrig map.

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 2:13 am
This sucks.

My computer got totaled - I guess I aint making that map unless i take the time redoit or find a way to get it off my old computer. Oh well.

Ideas! Gimme ideas! Ill try to remake that caves map.

Raptor
August 5, 2005, 1:30 am
Why don't you make your own "give me ideas" topic? Here, the ideas posted by members are the ones that I'll make.
I already made the map, Extacide. Try making another one, with some of the ideas given to you in your own topic.

About your sig, I agree with you!

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 2:58 pm
we need more infiltration maps. there isn't enough of them on the servers. can only find 4 servers and 3 of them play the same maps in rotation. maybe more with secret passages and if possible a map that does not have an easy route or both flags are so close together. i would probably have a go at mapping myself but fairly new and struggling with the shading and colours etc.
the cave preview looks good, maybe a a passage to the top of the map for different battles.