( search forums )
ctf_blackwidow
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 2:33 am
dl it here: [URL]

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 2:38 am
i have some screenshots but im not sure how to get one of the whole map?? and i dont know how to post it here

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 19, 2005, 3:19 am
Steps:
1. Zoom all the way out in mapmaker
2. Press the print scrn key
3. Open paint and press ctrl+v
4. Save the image
5. Upload your image to a server.
6. Put the image into your topic with the [IMAGE] tag

Hope you can get that.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 3:42 am
When you make the screeny, use www.photobucket.com - it hosts pictures, and it also has a feature where it will tag the image for you, just incase you dont know how. You dont neccisarily have to put it in IMG tags - you can just make a link to go to the picture directly.

AWH_ReApEr
July 19, 2005, 4:06 am
[IMAGE]

Yeah, yeah, so I decided to stay noob-friendly.. for a bit, anyway.

I'd give you the link to the shading tutorial, but you've got the colors down alright. You just need to round out the shapes a bit, and it'd be much better.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 4:28 am
so the shading is lighten and darken vertices? is that correct? How do you round it or whatever? thanks for the help

AWH_ReApEr
July 19, 2005, 5:28 am
Instead of having just simple triangles, add something on the corners to round it out. Using more advanced shapes makes for a much better map. 'sides, the pointy corners are usually glitchy and stuff, so try to avoid sharp edges.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 10:13 am
If you need ideas as to how to round out poly's look at the tutorials in the help section. They're VERY helpful and get the point across. The general idea is to use very small poly's to create a rounded edge. Its hard to explain the shapes and stuff, so just take a look.

Shading is the general coloring of vertices and poly's to give the map a more realistic feel and look to it. You seem to have it down as Reaper explained, so dont worry about it.

Hrm. I need to begin my next map.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 2:38 pm
haha your first map too? ^_^

Boxo
July 19, 2005, 3:26 pm
Eww, this is way too pointy & flat. Use a lot more polygons to round stuff up.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 10:19 pm
Another way to see how to do it is to open up one of the standard soldat maps with map maker, and just turn on wireframe and look how its done.

Goofy_92
July 20, 2005, 3:10 pm
Flat, lack of scenery and good colors.