( search forums )
CTF - Secret Tunnels - Beta <upgraded>
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 6:26 am
Edit: version 2 with basic noob shadings added, overall screenshot, url, and map has been upgraded

yea i'm kinda noob here plz forgive ^-^
here's my first map, it features 3 snipering positions, (2 has bullet-through polygons) 2 secret tunnels, and really, really crapy graphics (i know i havn't tried shading yet)
plz try it out?
[URL]
here's some screenie

[IMAGE]

secret tunnel to one of the flags, one tunnel for each flag
[IMAGE]

sniper time!
[IMAGE]

karmazon
July 19, 2005, 6:33 am
Wow I like the idea, work on shading a little. I really like this map

Rambo_6
July 19, 2005, 6:44 am
Needs visual work. The layout is ok, but i reccommend making the top platforms bigger.

AWH_ReApEr
July 19, 2005, 9:03 am
Hmm, okay. You need to use some color. For coloring, I HIGHLY recommend using MapMaker Plus. Use the quick coloring tool and have fun with it.

Also, you need shading. For that, use VijchtiDoodah's Shading Tutorial.

Somebody needs to make a scenery placing tutorial. I was working on a tutorial a long way back, maybe I'll randomly get motivated and finish it.

Anyway, try shading some scenery. A simple way to do this is by making scenery different shades of grays. For instance: make a scenery that is set behind everything to gray, one in front of map to silver, and one that is set in front of everything to white.

Give it a shot, and have fun with it. Mapping takes time to learn.

sbu-spyvin
July 19, 2005, 11:31 am
Use PaintColour Quik from MM+ that is easy and that will make your make look more nice ;)

vash763
July 19, 2005, 12:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by AWH_ReApErHmm, okay. You need to use some color. For coloring, I HIGHLY recommend using MapMaker Plus. Use the quick coloring tool and have fun with it.

Also, you need shading. For that, use VijchtiDoodah's Shading Tutorial.

Somebody needs to make a scenery placing tutorial. I was working on a tutorial a long way back, maybe I'll randomly get motivated and finish it.

Anyway, try shading some scenery. A simple way to do this is by making scenery different shades of grays. For instance: make a scenery that is set behind everything to gray, one in front of map to silver, and one that is set in front of everything to white.

Give it a shot, and have fun with it. Mapping takes time to learn.

time for everyone to start releasing crappy maps so that reaper gets "randomly motivated" to make that tut.

very nice map though, i like the idea. just needs some visual work

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 10:16 pm
Its better, but the bases need a little more um...team color to them.

Keron Cyst
July 20, 2005, 12:10 am
The darkening at the very bottom is too drastic. Make it become black more gradually, not only at the tip.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 20, 2005, 2:18 pm
It still looks a little too, I dont know, bland...

sbu-spyvin
July 20, 2005, 2:23 pm
Dont plant tree or bushes on that kind of grey floor that looks ugley

Goofy_92
July 20, 2005, 3:10 pm
Looks kewl. Pretty original looking map.

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 5:19 pm
hi james. download Map Maker Plus by that japanese dude. works a helluva lot better (use teh search function).

ahh: http://soldatmaps.s58.xrea.com/dl/dl.cgi?MapMakerPlus.zip

Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 9:09 am
its nice to play i say lol