( search forums )
ctf_Kampf
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
_Mancer_
July 19, 2005, 7:49 am
I dunno if the rest of you has noticed this, but there are some spawnpoint issues on ctf kampf.

The spawns that were placed on kampfs blue and red sides are in spots where once you spawn, it takes an extra second to get moving because they're right on top of buggy edges.

Take the bravo side for example, the spawn near the medpits in the middle, you spawn on the right side of it , and sometimes on top of it, making a nasty 1-2 second delay before you can get moving.

Another one, you spawn on the side where the little 'ladders' are, well if you spawn there, you think your going to land on ground and then hop from there, but if you continue to move as you spawn, you miss it and its like 'wtf I pushed jump for no reason' and you waste an extra second.

It may sound weird but go play kampf for a bit and you'll see what I mean.

I'm also requesting that the spawns be moved a little for kampf in the next version.. so they arent on top of places like that.

Nukem
July 19, 2005, 5:02 pm
although i dont like kampf any more i think this suggestion is good.
it can be changed fast and it does not have any disadvantages.

another spawn issue imho is bridge in tdm... it would be realy nice if the blue and red spawns would be seperated, so one on each side of the map.

Keron Cyst
July 19, 2005, 9:25 pm
I agree with this.

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 11:03 am
yeah i noticed that too

Koon
July 20, 2005, 4:29 pm
For now, you could just change it yourself.

Keron Cyst
July 20, 2005, 8:01 pm
Yeah, but joining a server with the official version of ctf_Kampf would revert your changes...

SPARTAN_III
July 22, 2005, 4:04 pm
this is a great idea.

offtopic: w00t Keron Cyst is a commander.

that fuking sniper
July 22, 2005, 6:54 pm
Has anyone tried jumping right on spawn time? I've never had this problem before, and usually find myself spearheadding attacks anyways. When kampf starts, I chose weapons very fast and click jump+direction key (Pretty much towards the enemy base) and it sets off right away.

Raptor
July 25, 2005, 3:00 pm
Yea I do that too, and it works.

Messiah
July 25, 2005, 9:39 pm
The only one i can think of is the one on the ramp by the red base flag, and the one on blue on the ramp in between those 2 polys i agree they do get annoying maybe if they were flattened a little more. But yeah its not really a big deal but i can see what you mean.