( search forums )
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Registration help and Shareware questions
Hoodlum
July 19, 2005, 4:10 pm
I hear that there is a new version of Soldat coming out and I registered this version but I deleted my reg key thing.. is there anyway of getting another one sent to me?

_Mancer_
July 19, 2005, 6:59 pm
Probably, but you shouldn't delete it no matter what version you have.

Zero72
July 19, 2005, 7:07 pm
I would think it would still be registered when you update, wouldn't it? It IS in the registry.

Hoodlum
July 19, 2005, 7:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Probably, but you shouldn't delete it no matter what version you have.
True I didn't think about saving as I really didn't think about a new version coming out but once I get my new reg key I will save it.

@Zero 72 - Hopefully it stays but if not I will just have to get a new reg key.

b00stA
July 19, 2005, 8:22 pm
The info will stay in the registry, so there's "basically" no need to keep the registry file itself.

If you still want the file sent to you again, sent a PM to Michal Marcinkowski explaining your situation and include the email address you used to register with.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 8:39 pm
you can pm michal if you need a new reg key. give him your name and e-mail adress
edit-b00sta beat me too it

Hoodlum
July 19, 2005, 8:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stAThe info will stay in the registry, so there's "basically" no need to keep the registry file itself.

If you still want the file sent to you again, sent a PM to Michal Marcinkowski explaining your situation and include the email address you used to register with.
So even when I do update it will keep me reg'd? If so then I have no need for it but I may just PM him for it anyway.

Its better to be safe then sorry.

b00stA
July 19, 2005, 9:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by HoodlumSo even when I do update it will keep me reg'd?
That's been the case for me so far, yup.

Dark_Noddy
July 19, 2005, 10:51 pm
I'll ask first ^^
Couldnt he just export it from the register if he wants it as a "regkey.reg" ?
Dunno if I'm braking any rules by saying how to do that (That sounded REALLY stupid, but then again there are MANY dumb rules out there..)

FliesLikeABrick
July 19, 2005, 11:44 pm
it would be a good idea to request a copy of the key, just so you have it for future use