( search forums )
Of Steyr Augs and Player Haters
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
TheRelinquished
July 19, 2005, 6:51 pm
So I was playing a friendly game of soldat, CTF_Laos I believe was the map at the time, and I'd been going for a good half-hour on the server. No problems. Now normally I use the ol' pump shotty and knife, and I can clean house on a good day. But on this particular day the spas just wasn't fast enough to combat the overwhelming number of sub-machine gunners on the opposing team. This did not bother me, for it simply required a change of tactics.

Well, I promptly adopted my favorite sprayer, the Steyr Aug (which I favor for its medium damage rate, long range, and fast fire/reload) and kept my knife (because that's always a good weapon to have). So this combo would usually get me 2-3 kills per spawn, because im very accurate with the Aug, and if I run into opponents one at a time I can kill them with less than one clip and then reload to kill the next soldat. If I run into multiple opponents I could usually kill 1-2 with the Aug and another 1-2 with the knife, depending on their skill level.

Obviously this means I was having a very good game, and I consistently made top rank. But then I noticed (directly after about a 4-man-kill spawn [not a 4-man spawnkill]) the vote system activated, prompting me with "Kick: Tex* No-F11 Yes-F12". Before I could even protest to this I was booted from the server. Apparently for being particularly good with a knife and the Steyr Aug. Or at least that's what I draw from the situation.

*Tex is my screen name, obviously

Now, can anyone tell me why in the name of Michal Marcinkowski that good players are getting this kind of shaft? Why should I be punished just for being above average?

Thoughts?

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 6:55 pm
if your good like you say you are..possibly they're jsut afraid to lose for some reason..who knows..somtimes they are just newbs... other than that i dunno.

Zero72
July 19, 2005, 7:04 pm
Sore losers, basically. Either that or they thought you were cheating.

ThaD
July 19, 2005, 7:16 pm
nah Steyr is too easy, play Spas!

Chakra`
July 19, 2005, 7:19 pm
Fact is guv, that you gotta surf around the lobby and find 'decent' servers. Theres alot out there where all the dirty ugly people play, so it's best to avoid those.

People regularly visit the same set of servers, so you will find some servers usually have 'better people' than others.

tip: look through dedicated servers only.

lastpatriot
July 19, 2005, 7:49 pm
Please don't turn this into a "AUG is t3h sux0rz! Duh Nah, Duh Huh, Duh Nah, all t3h guidez s@y 1t's g00d" topic.

Yeah, but those guys are just idiots, find a better server.

reckon
July 20, 2005, 3:49 am
Hey tex, we've played recently and I know how you feel.
I run the same set up for my game, an aug paired with a knife.
If I have to mix it up do to certain weps, I go ruger.
There have been times, although not many, I have been put to the jurys ruling.
I simply brush it off cause Ive only been kicked once out of all the times Ive been voted.

VodkaZombie
July 20, 2005, 3:56 am
Good players play in gathers, and known/popular servers. Bad players play in old trenched servers with ugly people and idiots.

Cookie.
July 20, 2005, 4:27 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Fact is guv, that you gotta surf around the lobby and find 'decent' servers. Theres alot out there where all the dirty ugly people play, so it's best to avoid those.

People regularly visit the same set of servers, so you will find some servers usually have 'better people' than others.

tip: look through dedicated servers only.

Yes stay away from the servers that Chakra is in

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 6:22 am
Hi - I'm new...yea i hate those whining people. But i love the steyr and knife. The steyr crushes people nicely.

Captain Ben
July 20, 2005, 8:35 am
Welcome to teh forumz!!11 :D :F .) :/ :( <(

Anti-mff
July 20, 2005, 2:07 pm
I don't mean to boast or anything since there are a players that are a lot better than me, even though they tend to play on passworded servers where I can't get in, but this has happened to me a (Please refrain from swearing) load of times and the worst thing is that you more often get banned on the server so you can't rejoin rather than just being kicked out for nothing. Kicking everybodys ass with Chainsaw and nades only on a public server doesn't seem to be very popular. :(

sbu-spyvin
July 20, 2005, 2:22 pm
I had that too 1 day only with i was playing with mp5 in Arena1 and killing everybody even when they just spawmed

TheRelinquished
July 20, 2005, 10:16 pm
Uh....that's called spawnkilling, there Tanto. I think there were other reasons that you got kicked...

Happy Camper
July 20, 2005, 10:23 pm
Make friends, and play mix scrims.

Yay for mixes!

Pathos
July 21, 2005, 12:46 am
I had a similar incident

I was playing with the DE's and knife against two other players, one off which was mainly camping with the barrett. They weren't bad players and we all had similar scores, I would have done better if I had changed weapon but I was having fun. After 10 minutes later I killed the guy with the barrett and picked it up. I then promptly got 8 consequtive kills with (no point wasting ammo). Then the barrett player called me a haxor and I was vote kicked.

sore losers...

However the vote kick needs to stay, its the only weapon against real hackers. If you are getting kicked because you pwn to much, play against people of your own ability and don't pick on the noobs.

Once you get good at Soldat you can be very fast, noobs/amatuers will confuse this for hacking.

Psyker
July 21, 2005, 3:48 am
sucks to be you. i never get voted off, no matter how much everyone in the server dislikes me

Deleted User
July 21, 2005, 8:50 pm
I have no clue. Maybe they were jealous.
I have that problem all the time.
Either I'm ping kiked. Or I'm kiked for being a "camper" (I LOVE the barretm82a1) I hate noobs that say " If you camp then you are a noob."
I "camp because That is my playin style. And generaly I kill more people than those who rush right in and start shooting every moving thing!

i am ahab
July 23, 2005, 11:57 pm
alas soldat is tempered with players of doubtful maturity.

you could always get your own server dude. . . . then we will see who be doing that thar kicking.

hut hut!

NavySeal
July 24, 2005, 5:43 pm
Never been that good but everytime this *possible cheat detection on Zukabazuka* comes up I get voted of and all the other who become victims of this.