( search forums )
King of the Hill: Who Will Be Crowned?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
TheRelinquished
July 19, 2005, 7:08 pm
I can't help but wonder about the upcoming gametype, King of the Hill. I understand how it will work from reading the rules, and I'm very excited about getting to play something new. But now I have to wonder about the strategy involved.

What weapons would be effective? Will it turn into Camp Barret, or will the hill be seated by frantic sprayers? And with a mere five seconds for a point, perhaps we'll see guerilla tactics used. Mini surfers that can snag points and be gone before anyone is the wiser.

I'm just playing with the thought and trying to think ahead. So what does everyone else think? Any idea for strategy? Feel free to pull from Halo experience if need be.

Post Scriptum:
I'm aware that this post seems premature, but honestly it could pay to give it thought now so that we don't flounder around when we get to implement this stuff.

~Lamely yours,
TheRelinquished

karmazon
July 19, 2005, 7:09 pm
Wait, so it wasn't a joke ?

_Mancer_
July 19, 2005, 7:12 pm
Nope.

TheRelinquished
July 19, 2005, 7:14 pm
Well mind you I'm leaning on the fact that "the joke" was part truth. While they denounced the issue for present, they did say that it was a sort of representation of "Michal's vision". Whatever the hell that really means.

I guess my point is that if we did get this new gametype in the future, what would it be like? WOuld it be good, bad or ugly?

ThaD
July 19, 2005, 7:18 pm
it will die out, remember my words

Chakra`
July 19, 2005, 7:21 pm
It is a joke. Well...kinda.

lastpatriot
July 19, 2005, 7:43 pm
It seems kind of like INF to me.

DeMonIc
July 19, 2005, 7:44 pm
Please look at that screenshot again. Look at who posted it aswell. Then come back here.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 9:09 pm
how in the world does that sound like INF?

N1nj@
July 19, 2005, 9:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcPlease look at that screenshot again. Look at who posted it aswell. Then come back here.
he wouldn't know who the (Please refrain from swearing) hitman is. he is new here

DT
July 19, 2005, 9:28 pm
Campers will be in great abundence in this mode,
and sprayers to
this mode is going to be hell...

Happy Camper
July 19, 2005, 10:32 pm
What ever happend to point match?

And Rambo match is no fun, because everyone uses Barrets, witch kinda defeats the purpose.

and Inf is always fun.

I think this mode will do great. and i think i can smell King of the Hill turnys. hopfuly with some help from the people behind Soldat Events.

Boxo
July 19, 2005, 11:16 pm
I've always wanted a KOTH mode. Hope it's not just a joke :(

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 11:39 pm
in my opinion i dont care if it gets in or not..if it does cool but if it dosent..fine with me.
i never realy liked KOTH on any game..i think mission mode should be implemented even tho that was a hoax...or im pretty sure it was

Meandor
July 20, 2005, 1:09 am
A joke?
Yes, like Hitman does even know what the sense of humor is :D

TIR_Blade
July 20, 2005, 2:31 am
lol...i love people who are that gullible...

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 6:12 am
the whole confusion right before a new version is what makes this community worth being in :P

Anti-mff
July 20, 2005, 2:25 pm
King of the hill seems like a nice game mode, especially if it's made with teams. I guess the balance would be allright. Barreters would probably have a hard time on servers with lot of people but so much easier on less crowded ones, as always. Possible problems with minigun surfers should be eliminated by some thought on behalf of the mappers so I don't think that would be much of a thingie.

Da cHeeSeMaN
July 20, 2005, 3:38 pm
anti-mff if koth is real ill eat my hat...

Meandor
July 20, 2005, 9:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Da cHeeSeMaNanti-mff if koth is real ill eat my hat...

Want some cheese with that?