( search forums )
Pick weapons before next game
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
_Mancer_
July 20, 2005, 12:23 am
You should be able to pick your weapons your going to be using for the next game when the current game ends. Instead of having to pick them in the next game at the beginning (wasting a second or 2,) have it moved to the end of the game you played last (while all the scores are showing) so it wont be a hassle when you switch to the next game.

I don't know if this would be hard to implement, but if theres time left put it in 1.2.2! :D

reckon
July 20, 2005, 3:58 am
Here here!
I would like to see that in motion as well, but what if you could pick them before you even chose what game to play from the lobby.
Its often annoying to enter a fresh game only to get pummeled by an oncomer before you had your weapons.

Keron Cyst
July 20, 2005, 4:37 am
Yes, I'd like that after you see the map for the next match. For some maps I always go with a particular weapon set :-D

SPARTAN_III
July 20, 2005, 4:44 am
i concur wholeheartedly

TIR_Blade
July 20, 2005, 4:46 am
lol...seems like ur trying to get every second you can spare to get the advantage into the enemies base...the Kampf thing now this...altho i do agree with u, this suggestion would apply for both teams and they'd both get just as far as now...but ya ur right :p

Captain Ben
July 20, 2005, 7:12 am
Like a default gun when you first enter the arena?

_Mancer_
July 20, 2005, 7:23 am
No. you play a game, game ends. As the end scores are showing, you pick your weapon for the next map.

Zero72
July 20, 2005, 9:03 am
Good idea. For the moment, though, I've learned to decide on a weapon and press its number as soon as the match starts.

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 10:58 am
i pick the same gun all the time so it wouldnt really matter for me, but its a great idea

sbu-spyvin
July 20, 2005, 11:11 am
Good idea in the option you must be able to choose favorit Prim Weapon :)

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 11:58 am
nonono! I love nothing more than to pick my weapon uber fast, and then go around stabbing everyone who isnt ready yet :D

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 2:05 pm
Just use counts [I mean : 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0]
And it will be much more faster. And the problem is gone...

Keron Cyst
July 20, 2005, 8:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72... For the moment, though, I've learned to decide on a weapon and press its number as soon as the match starts.
But you have to click it, since while pushing the # will highlight the gun it won't get rid of the weapon menu. And I'm not about to edit my interface graphic so that it shows markers for where to click xP

Zero72
July 20, 2005, 8:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by Zero72... For the moment, though, I've learned to decide on a weapon and press its number as soon as the match starts.
But you have to click it, since while pushing the # will highlight the gun it won't get rid of the weapon menu.
...Never happened to me.

RaVeN6_6_6
July 21, 2005, 2:46 pm
The selecting of a weapon before a game starts would probably be difficult to implement but a weapon select menu just after you die would most likely be easy. I'd also like to have a key that toggles between weapons menu active and inactive. Has anyone ever tried disabling the weapons menu with a very low respawn time? Its damn hard! most of the time the weapons menu appears after you respawn so its impossible. But good idea though.

N1nj@
July 21, 2005, 3:09 pm
Is not hard to toggle the weapon menu. After you die, the weapon menu pops up if u enable it until you choose a game or clicked somewhere on the screen. Just don't click anything after you die, and wait for the weapon menu to pop up and choose your prefer weapon choice

Keron Cyst
July 21, 2005, 5:26 pm
@Zero72: for me (WinME), upon pushing a # for the weap. menu at the beginning of a match (only at this point; it's normal if I join a game and select from there), it highlights the weap. with the # I pushed green, but it doesn't get rid of the weap. menu. I have to click it, and that wastes a valuable one or two match-start seconds.

rabidhamster
July 21, 2005, 6:10 pm
i dunno about you guys, but a great way to practice picking a weapon in under 1 second is to start a deathmatch with a 1 second respawn time with about 5-9 bots. in about 1-2 hours, you will be able to pick a weapon in under a second.

EDIT: congratulations keron cyst on 1000 posts!

Keron Cyst
July 21, 2005, 10:19 pm
Whee. I'm too lazy and/or keep forgetting to get an avatar :-P And your method sounds too time-costly (yes, hours are that precious to me).

Hoodlum
July 21, 2005, 10:30 pm
Yeah I think this is a good idea as I have been killed a few times while picking a weapon.

SPARTAN_III
July 23, 2005, 4:14 am
Win ME sux major ass. this should be relatively easy to implement. also, the idea of a favourite primary in the player menu is good.

zyxstand
July 23, 2005, 5:31 am
i'm quite against this idea... firstly, it always says the name of the map upon changing it...then you have like 4 seconds to think which weapon would be most suitable. secondly, right upon spawning in that new map, all you have to do is press the number on your keyboard - this way, the only delay will be your own reflex to seeing the weapon menu pop up... (good players: .2 seconds, normal players: .4 seconds, noobs: ???)