"DEEPTHROAT says:
(Soldat player's name) is fuking up the game balance
DEEPTHROAT says:
in the next version
DEEPTHROAT says:
dont worry
DEEPTHROAT says:
lol

Bokanatorius| I feel the beat, I feel the urge, I feel the heat and then submerge. says:
wha?

DEEPTHROAT says:
nothing
DEEPTHROAT says:
i didnt say anything"

That's what i got from a source, and then there was this little piece of info...

DEEPTHROAT says:
" I concur.
Autos need significantly less power.
DE's = still quite handy"

Bokanatorius| I feel the beat, I feel the urge, I feel the heat and then submerge. says:
I believe u not

DEEPTHROAT says:
(soldat player's name)
DEEPTHROAT says:
" I dunno Demo...back in 1.1.5 there were a few people who actually managed to use the auto to great effect.
I remember being literally stunned when il'nadj killed me with an ak74 in just a few shots. I thought he was hacking
..it's all about accuracy. If anything, less damage will promote it in replacement of sprayage."

oky...

DEEPTHROAT says:
"Each of these weapons are no more than an equal and close enough to fair challenge on their own. However in groups they're dangerous."

just thought that this info ain't too revealing....but just a bit of info :P...and no, source won't be told :P

karmazon
July 20, 2005, 2:23 am
Haha I love how you used "deepthroat". And, well, this doesn't reveal anything

TIR_Blade
July 20, 2005, 2:25 am
This does hint at things tho...or is that just me? meh i unno here's a little more on hitman's pic :p

DEEPTHROAT says:
king of the hill isnt realy
DEEPTHROAT says:
real
DEEPTHROAT says:
it wouldnt work in soldat
DEEPTHROAT says:
duhhh
really?
so the pic is fake?
DEEPTHROAT says:
really really
DEEPTHROAT says:
yes"

btw when he says, (players name) is (Please refrain from swearing)ing with the guns or w/e....he means that in a good way :p

mar77a
July 20, 2005, 2:26 am
quote:Originally posted by TIR_Blade
just thought that this info ain't too revealing...

N1nj@
July 20, 2005, 2:29 am
Is this deepthroat a beta tester?

TIR_Blade
July 20, 2005, 2:33 am
We aren't playing Guess who :S...i also have more info but it'd spoil a lot of things and I ain't that big a (Please refrain from swearing)

Chakra`
July 20, 2005, 2:38 am
Do you mind? some of those are quotes from me from the beta forum. Try to keep 'some' of it under your hat, and keeping blabbing to a word of mouth kinda thing. It keeps the community stirring.

Kazuki
July 20, 2005, 4:11 am
God. What the hell is wrong with you people?

What the f**k? The beta went from completely secret to world news in a matter of 32 hours.

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 4:19 am
im confused already lol...uhh...personaly im not beliveing anything about betas and whats in 1.2.2 anymore..until it comes out im not trusting anyone

TIR_Blade
July 20, 2005, 4:39 am
ehh i thought this wasn't really news :S Even u people told me that...

Kazuki
July 20, 2005, 4:40 am
Well, thanks for letting the public know the exact words that are spoken inside the beta forums.

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 6:05 am
Kazuki i admire your efforts to keep the new features under wraps, and also i admire those who give joke features thus adding to the hype of the new version but there will always be those who ruin the fun. i say if they wanna ruin the fun let them, the only people there hurting there own reputation

reckon
July 20, 2005, 6:05 am
Well, remove them from beta testing and get someone else on it.

*cough*

Captain Ben
July 20, 2005, 7:21 am
What does this have to do with the new version? Anything besides Hitman's screenie?

frogboy
July 20, 2005, 7:27 am
quote:Originally posted by reckonWell, remove them from beta testing and get someone else on it.

Yeah, that'd be a great idea if we knew who it was.

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 8:10 am
lolz im confused also frogboy..

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 10:52 am
lol kick them all out, it would be like burning down a house to kill a mouse....but on the bright side we wouldnt have leaking information. JK dont flame me

flab
July 20, 2005, 11:07 am
I don't see the point of making a small game like this a restricted beta. So what if noobs get their hands on it, what will they do thats much worse than the way they abuse deagles right now? I was told some things about the beta, real or not, I don't know (I don't really care), but wouldn't there be less "omg this is a secret so hush and lets flame those that leak stuff pretending to be an informant called Deepthroat" if more people actually had the chance to test it for themselves? You could still even keep your "clique" which were official testers (who pretend they are better than everyone because they have played a new version (omgs>!)) which did as they did now, but at least EVERYBODY (yes including noobs, which are easily ignored) would get input, rather than the clique that decide what the next version is going to be (half of which I've never even heard of).

And as for leaks, well one of the testers has been leaking different versions for god knows how long (I won'y name him, but most people know who already (or he would use his witty, sarcastic comments to get out of it or even deny it)), and last time, the blame even got passed to another player who merely gave a few people the beta, rather than naming and shaming the tester which leaked it himself. I was given a version the other day, which I was sceptical about (I was given it within 5 minutes of whining about the beta, bound to be real aint it?), it turned out to be a fake beta (No I didn't install it). You even bother to make fake betas?! Whats the point? "Omg lets make them look like fools and put a trojan on their comps because they used a "leaked" beta."

/Whine over.

-TomPenny-
July 20, 2005, 12:59 pm
i like pie.
no! for real.. i really do.

papasurf31
July 20, 2005, 1:02 pm
YOU LIKE HOW IT FEELS AROUND YOUR COCK?

LazehBoi
July 20, 2005, 1:14 pm
And the point of making this thread was uh, what exactly? Other than to whore attention?
Also, "fuking"... I wonder who that is.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 20, 2005, 1:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiGod. What the hell is wrong with you people?

What the f**k? The beta went from completely secret to world news in a matter of 32 hours.

That's what happens when someone makes a joke about the new version. You should know that any mention of a new version cause madness. Why cant we just keep it a secret until the release? When you make a joke thread, it gets people curious, and it makes them ask questions. A lot of testers have said that they are tired of being asked questions about the new version. But why even bring anything up about it if you know you will be bombarded with questions?

[EDIT]

I also have come up with a possible solution for leaked information. There should be a rule that if a tester leaks information, and you have proof, like a screen of the msn conversation or something like that, you should be able to take their place in the beta testing. I know this sounds harsh, but if it's this harsh, the tester will be scared to leak anything, because they will lose their spot. Thus, no information will be leaked, no matter how much someone asks them something, because they might be trying to take the tester's spot.

Denacke
July 20, 2005, 2:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixquote:Originally posted by KazukiGod. What the hell is wrong with you people?

That's what happens when someone makes a joke about the new version. You should know that any mention of a new version cause madness. Why cant we just keep it a secret until the release? When you make a joke thread, it gets people curious, and it makes them ask questions. A lot of testers have said that they are tired of being asked questions about the new version. But why even bring anything up about it if you know you will be bombarded with questions?

[EDIT]

I also have come up with a possible solution for leaked information. There should be a rule that if a tester leaks information, and you have proof, like a screen of the msn conversation or something like that, you should be able to take their place in the beta testing. I know this sounds harsh, but if it's this harsh, the tester will be scared to leak anything, because they will lose their spot. Thus, no information will be leaked, no matter how much someone asks them something, because they might be trying to take the tester's spot.

I agree with you on your first part. We should not make joke topics and release any data about it. This all resulted in retarded topics about 1.2.2 and a lot of anger amongst the community. Again, sorry for that topic, not all of us beta-testers are like that.

As for the second part, I don't agree. Imagine how many questions I would get from people that eager to take my spot, hoping I'd give away information? It would be better if us beta-testers just acted responsibly and leaked nothing. And if one would find out information about the beta somehow, he should just stay quiet.

flab
July 20, 2005, 3:19 pm
No-one replied to me. Why does the beta have to be one big secret? What reason? All I can see is you like your little clique and the attention it brings you (despite what you say).

Chakra`
July 20, 2005, 3:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by flabI don't see the point of making a small game like this a restricted beta. So what if noobs get their hands on it, what will they do thats much worse than the way they abuse deagles right now? I was told some things about the beta, real or not, I don't know (I don't really care), but wouldn't there be less "omg this is a secret so hush and lets flame those that leak stuff pretending to be an informant called Deepthroat" if more people actually had the chance to test it for themselves? You could still even keep your "clique" which were official testers (who pretend they are better than everyone because they have played a new version (omgs>!)) which did as they did now, but at least EVERYBODY (yes including noobs, which are easily ignored) would get input, rather than the clique that decide what the next version is going to be (half of which I've never even heard of).

Hey flab, how about you grow up and develop your 'own' opinion? That was the most pathetic whine thread i've seen. Did you cut and paste it from some disgruntled barretard from around the 1.2.0 release time?

The reason the beta isn't public, AS IF IT WASN'T OBVIOUS, is for two reasons.

1. The public are full of idiots (such as yourself)
2. Michal would never see the end of spam, his email and forum account flooded with suggestions for the new version.

I can safely say that most beta testers don't consider themselves 'better than the rest' either. It's not a special fan club, it's not something we do just to rub your face in it, it's merely something we enjoy and are good at. There's been alot of things to test, and thats without the balance to worry about. Trust me, we've been kept busy.

Also, if you don't trust us on balance, then you don't trust Michal. All of the decisions thus far made in the current beta have been made by him. We organise a little get-together every few days to have some clan-war styled action, testing weapons in groups vs others, and then Michal's the first to come back to the beta forums, start a new thread and say "Hey I thought this and this weapon was overpowered, what do you think. I'm gonna try lowering damage for next time."

quote:Originally posted by flab
And as for leaks, well one of the testers has been leaking different versions for god knows how long (I won'y name him, but most people know who already (or he would use his witty, sarcastic comments to get out of it or even deny it)), and last time, the blame even got passed to another player who merely gave a few people the beta, rather than naming and shaming the tester which leaked it himself. I was given a version the other day, which I was sceptical about (I was given it within 5 minutes of whining about the beta, bound to be real aint it?), it turned out to be a fake beta (No I didn't install it). You even bother to make fake betas?! Whats the point? "Omg lets make them look like fools and put a trojan on their comps because they used a "leaked" beta."

/Whine over.

Once again, grow up and get your own opinion. But more importantly, why are you listening to Jaz?! I gave him a fake beta. A bloody amusing one (for me) as well. But I can assuredly say it didn't contain a trojan. Jaz went nuts on me and said I infected him...i'm not that evil, besides I like him.

Da cHeeSeMaN
July 20, 2005, 3:37 pm
lol

flab
July 20, 2005, 3:50 pm
1) Find the post(s) I cut and pasted from. You should know I don't read the forums often, hence my low post count.
2) Why does the "public being full of idiots" make a public beta bad? I suggested a solution of allowing your little clique to carry on as the offical testers. Maybe if it was released you wouldnt get so many people asking "whats in new version" "is this in new version" "when will it be released".
3)quote:And as for leaks, well one of the testers has been leaking different versions for god knows how long (I won'y name him, but most people know who already (or he would use his witty, sarcastic comments to get out of it or even deny it)), and last time, the blame even got passed to another player who merely gave a few people the beta, rather than naming and shaming the tester which leaked it himself. After reading Chakra's post it's now pretty obvious who I was referring to. As per usual he comes on the offensive swinging the focus back to me.

Edit: And I was not referring to a fake one you "leaked" to Jaz (I didn't even know you did)

Hitman
July 20, 2005, 4:26 pm
quote:You even bother to make fake betas?! What's the point?What's the point? Well, you answered that question yourself in your own post, asshole. Some of the beta testers make fake beta's to hit back at those using the leaked ones and not naming who the 'leaker' is..quote:And as for leaks, well one of the testers has been leaking different versions for god knows how long (I won'y name him,..*strokes chin and looks over to Flab*...Wow, now I WONDER who 'those' people could be...

You're either part of the solution or part of the problem, and right now, you're part of the problem.

flab
July 20, 2005, 4:41 pm
I said who it was in the previous post, can't you read?

Chakra`
July 20, 2005, 4:41 pm
You're quite right flab, I did release the beta during 1.2 and 1.2.1. Those were mistakes.

1.2: n2j3 (2wai clan leader, now in greek army) got the password to the beta forum, and asked me to 'infiltrate' and get the beta back. So I did. I wasn't technically a beta tester, but I acted like one and actually helped out a bit. But that was merely to fulfill my own and my clan's curiousity.

For some reason, I was kept on as a beta tester. What can I say, they must've liked me and found me helpful.

1.2.1: TheLinK, a 2Wai american member, hadn't played soldat for months. He'd been busy with real life matters, much like the rest of 2Wai. Anyhow, he was a little depressed at the time, and he wanted cheering up. I gave him it. Next thing I know he's spreading it around to members of SaD. My mistake.

1.2.2: I think I know by now not to trust anyone with a beta.

Why this is even a subject I care to explain i'm not sure. As for everything else you say .... SHUT UP! christ, you talk more crap than Hitman trying to sing jungle lyrics while high as a kite. Honestly, do you read some of the pure balls you come out with?

flab
July 20, 2005, 4:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`
For some reason, I was kept on as a beta tester. What can I say, they must've liked me and found me helpful.

Which is partly why I suggested a public beta, as those who you wouldn't have thought could help, actually do.

Chakra`
July 20, 2005, 4:59 pm
And can you honestly imagine the entire public offering their help? it would be unorganised madness.

The reason it's private is because thats how Michal wants it. We report bugs in our little beta forum, we report whats what, and everything is neat and tidy for him to look through. Those who get to be beta testers get to be beta testers for two reasons.

1. They asked to be (other than me)
2. They've proven themselves worthy of intelligent debate, fair play, and general understanding of whats going on in Soldat as a whole. How is that established? well we generally get a good idea of people after having played and talked with them for a year or so.

So all you noobs out there wanting a piece of the cake to fulfill some vain need: get experienced, and prove yourself an intelligent helpful being. It's not a forum-only thing, theres quite a few beta testers who don't even come here except for the beta.

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 6:06 pm
It can't be explained any clearer than Chakra` has stated, you'll get the new version soon enough, go solve your self esteem issues kthxbye.

I really think this should be closed as there's no point in any further discussion.

flab
July 20, 2005, 6:11 pm
Theres no point even trying to answer now, the clique will just swarm me.

Aquarius
July 20, 2005, 6:22 pm
Ah, yes... our betatesters. They were leaking the betas in the past. They were spreading important informations and false rumors about the new features. They were making fun of the community. They were egoistic in the case of weapon balance. They screwed many times.

Yet, they are the best men we have. Really.

I appreciate their hard work. But we must remember that they ARE rewarded - the exclusive knowledge (and a kind of influence) is the reward. Some of the betatesters (*cough*hitman*cough*) should really stop behaving like they are making a favour for nothing. We can't see the beta.

And you know what? We should not see the beta! We shouldn't HAVE A F*CKIN' IDEA that there is a beta till the official release!!!
Why? Because it is not public. So make the beta public, or stop making the "jokes" publicly.

The point is, I am against public beta ;]

Hitman
July 20, 2005, 6:30 pm
[IMAGE]

Aquarius
July 20, 2005, 6:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitman[IMAGE]

Wrong topic, Hitman. You should post your picture here:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=9617

DeMonIc
July 20, 2005, 6:35 pm
Keep in mind please that us beta testers are learning from our own mistakes, and I think we do take responsibility for our mistakes too. You could try getting new testers in and getting rid of the current crew, but that would result the old mistakes getting made again.

Maturity is a different thing: that's mostly subjective, and some people will act more mature than others ¬_¬

TIR_Blade
July 20, 2005, 6:37 pm
Meh, i really don't see much information I leaked...but I did start up a hell of an argument so go this tread! :D...
Oh and I think posting the fake screenshot of the menu was just plain wrong...even worst then posting useless info about the next version...so y am i the only one being attacked? at least i'm not getting people's hopes up just to crash them right down, because u don't know how bad people want King of the hill...

sorry 4 the ones i offended...even if ur being kinda touchy...

Hitman
July 20, 2005, 6:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquariusquote:Originally posted by Hitman[IMAGE]

Wrong topic, Hitman. You should post your picture here:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=9617
Rofl. That was a good one.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 20, 2005, 8:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by DenakeAs for the second part, I don't agree. Imagine how many questions I would get from people that eager to take my spot, hoping I'd give away information? It would be better if us beta-testers just acted responsibly and leaked nothing. And if one would find out information about the beta somehow, he should just stay quiet.

That solution also works both ways. If none of the beta testers make stupid topics and keep new versions quiet, then they wont even get bombarded with questions at all.

crazymonkey
July 20, 2005, 9:12 pm
What a fun topic.

Kazuki
July 20, 2005, 9:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
I appreciate their hard work. But we must remember that they ARE rewarded - the exclusive knowledge (and a kind of influence) is the reward. Some of the betatesters should really stop behaving like they are making a favour for nothing. We can't see the beta.

And you know what? We should not see the beta! We shouldn't HAVE A F*CKIN' IDEA that there is a beta till the official release!!!
Why? Because it is not public. So make the beta public, or stop making the "jokes" publicly.

I love you, Aquarius. My thoughts are in that quote.

Why is the beta not public? Well, hell, let's just not have beta testing. Let's just have Michal release every new version whenever he feels like it. Why do I say this? A beta is not a beta if you give it to the public for "testing." What do you think they're doing when they're playing it?

"Oops! Sorry, guys, I found two minor bugs in 1.2.1b, so you'll ALL have to re-download and install. :)"

I don't mean to increase the hostility level in here. You can say whatever you want to me or about me, but it's not going to change anything. I think what you're saying is that some people would make better beta testers than others, and I agree with you there, but there really isn't a good way to determine a beta tester. Some of us work hard, others are just there for the hell of it. You can't generalize an opinion about us. It's immoral and just stupid.

Really, I don't understand why some of the beta testers just have to say something to the public. It's supposed to be f**king private, let's keep it that way. Even though I myself am a beta tester, I am against the actions that were taken with the Beta Preview topic. Completely unnecessary and it definately didn't end up being fun, d*mn it!

Happy Camper
July 20, 2005, 9:16 pm
not replaying to any one post but.

If you dont want to be battered with questions about the new version, dont tell everyone your a beta tester in the first place ffs.