( search forums )
Tags.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
reckon
July 20, 2005, 3:56 am
This is kinda counter-strikish, well totally cs-ish.
I think it would be neat if you could leave temporary tags, graffiti art or what have you, to claim your kill after you kill someone.
Now so this couldnt be abused, you would be only able to tag after you kill one person, if you dont tag 5-7 seconds after the fresh kill, the ability to tag would no longer remain.
I think it could add some variety to the game.
Perhaps you could upload your own, or have some default ones to choose from. The only problem with the unique ones is that they could be vulgar to some, hilarious to others, but some custom tags could offend people

Goofy_92
July 20, 2005, 9:58 pm
Where would the tags be? In the air? Otherwise this is a good idea.

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 10:32 pm
It could be on poly where u aim [on that poly only]
I wish u could understand me :(

Happy Camper
July 20, 2005, 10:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by DairyIt could be on poly where u aim [on that poly only]
I wish u could understand me :(

I get you.

that or in the air, but...whats the use?

XWhyX
July 20, 2005, 10:38 pm
Or maybe possibly a tag remains above a dead body that a person killed until the person respawns. That might be sorta neat.

a-4-year-old
July 21, 2005, 12:03 am
how bout your soldat sticks a sign in the dead body with a pic on it or writing like "nice aim pal" or "noob!" :) (sign would disappear with body

Deleted User
July 21, 2005, 5:21 pm
Where the hell they would be placed? In the air? Is it some kind of a supertag? No, seriously.

Maybe you could spray them only to walls. I mean large scenery. How about that?

wunderbear
July 21, 2005, 7:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldhow bout your soldat sticks a sign in the dead body with a pic on it or writing like "nice aim pal" or "noob!" :) (sign would disappear with body

quote:Originally posted by XWhyXOr maybe possibly a tag remains above a dead body that a person killed until the person respawns. That might be sorta neat.

These are a good idea. I wouldn't mind that. But, instead of a custom tag system, there could be a command (possibly a server option?) to stick a sign into the body (or near). Something like:

/Sign

to balance, (and to make sure maps don't end up looking post-estate agent) you could only place one near to the time+place you killed. Like, only for five seconds.

That would be a better idea.