( search forums )
For the victims of spawnkillers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 3:18 pm
I was only just thinking about this. If you are continually being spawn killed, choose a weapon with fast startup and fire such as the MP5 or Steyr. If someone is camping and spawing you then jump, prone and use some jet and hopefully he will miss. Then while his next bullet is loading go kill him. I get spawn killed every noun then but it's quite easy to get out of. I just hate the people who always say "stop spawning LEAVE!!"

GAMEOVER
July 20, 2005, 4:57 pm
I just knife em..

rabidhamster
July 20, 2005, 5:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERI just knife em..

yea... knifing always works for me...

either that or open about 7 programs in the background so your ping is about 900-1500, then become lagman and avoid his shots with your awsome lag! then knife em. yea, i know, it's the cheap@ss way.

Swebonny
July 20, 2005, 6:55 pm
I like rapidhamsters idea :D Ping 5023 damn can you get that in soldat..:/

Keron Cyst
July 20, 2005, 7:52 pm
I just shotgun 'em and quickly run out of my team's spawn base.

Zegovia
July 20, 2005, 8:07 pm
Do the P.S.H.K.R.R. Point, Shoot, hit, kill, reload and repeat.. :P

TheRelinquished
July 20, 2005, 10:20 pm
I'm usually one of the dodgiest players on the server, so spawn campers usually don't hit me more than once. Especially if I can see where they are. Once I've ducked and dodged their initial shot(s) and made it within rage, then it's the old Exploding Shotgun Shell technique for them (a nade chased with a healthy dose of buckshot almost a guaranteed kill).

Happy Camper
July 20, 2005, 10:27 pm
try getting out of a base when its 5v2, and you have 4 guys spawning you, with autos, and they are so stupid that no one reads you yelling "even the teams twats."

"ither that or open about 7 programs in the background so your ping is about 900-1500, then become lagman and avoid his shots with your awsome lag! then knife em. yea, i know, it's the cheap@ss way."

i did that a long time ago, when i had dail-up.

And most good servers will ping kick you in 2.9 secs now anyway.

Deleted User
July 21, 2005, 7:43 am
solution go to a new server and spawn kill them to let go some of that anger

Deleted User
July 21, 2005, 8:42 pm
1st of all, I like the Calvin Pose on your avatar, Mash.
2nd of all I hate spawn kampers. I don't discourage it, but I hate to have to deal with spawn kampers. however it is easy to avoid them.
Just jump and fly and hope to heaven they don't have a Barret and can use it!!!

Ok
July 22, 2005, 10:21 am
quote:Originally posted by Happy Campertry getting out of a base when its 5v2, and you have 4 guys spawning you, with autos, and they are so stupid that no one reads you yelling "even the teams twats."

"ither that or open about 7 programs in the background so your ping is about 900-1500, then become lagman and avoid his shots with your awsome lag! then knife em. yea, i know, it's the cheap@ss way."

i did that a long time ago, when i had dail-up.

And most good servers will ping kick you in 2.9 secs now anyway.

How about changing servers?
OR better yet get the other guy and yourself over to their team
The monkeys do react when they have nothing to kill.

Snowden
July 23, 2005, 9:47 pm
There is a difference between spawnkilling and spawncamping. A single spawnkill is usually an impulsive, neccesary act. When you grab the flag right when the enemy team spawns, extremely common on Viet and Death, they'll probably kill you if you don't kill them as they spawn. In DM games, in the intense struggle to rack points, spawnkilling is so commonplace that you just have to accept it. Coupled with the fact that spawnkilling isn't too difficult to avoid (see above), I think it is a perfectly acceptable aspect of the game.

Spawncamping is a seperate issue. In spawn camping, one, two, three, or an entire time of enemy players set up camp in the general vicinity of your spawn, killing you and your team over and over again as you spawn. This almost always occurs because the teams are unfair, either literally (6 vs. 4) or in terms of skill. A 5 player team with 4 excellent attacking players against a weak, defensive team with only 1 excellent player makes it easy for the superior team to steamroll the weak one. Spawncamping naturally opens itself up to the dominant team, making it difficult to avoid and frustrating for the weak team. Not only does your team already suck, but now you are being deprived of any possibility of changing the tide, because you can't even leave your base. Spawncamping, or imbalanced teams, is the real problem, not isolated spawnkills. I think a lot of players confuse the two.

Beren
July 23, 2005, 10:23 pm
Here Here. I'll drink to that. (That which Snowden just communicated.)

Deleted User
July 23, 2005, 10:33 pm
You could just leave the server, saves a lot of wasted time. :U