( search forums )
Clan passwords
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
A.L.blackhawk
July 20, 2005, 8:51 pm
sorta thought of this for clans, because this has been happening (players faking there someone from a clan). you shouldnt be aloud to use the certain tag for the clan. just an idea. \:

Meandor
July 20, 2005, 9:32 pm
Again, the problem is: soldat got no base server to store info on.

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 10:53 pm
exactly

A.L.blackhawk
July 22, 2005, 5:24 am
o, was this already brought up? havent looked through any topics here.

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 7:40 am
lol obvously not, welcome to the forums

aprilninety
July 25, 2005, 8:28 am
sounds like all the other authentication threads...

...i like it!

No, seriously, didn't someone also try making a server with all the info on it? (points, deaths, auth)

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 12:04 am
quote:Originally posted by A.L.blackhawksorta thought of this for clans, because this has been happening (players faking there someone from a clan). you shouldnt be aloud to use the certain tag for the clan. just an idea. \:

Its a good idea....XD

UltraMagnus
August 5, 2005, 8:38 pm
i like this idea

FliesLikeABrick
August 5, 2005, 8:49 pm
when i get some time, I plan to undertake a very large project in which I run a central server which connects to any soldat servers who want to participate. the server would allow an auth system(for general nicknames), clan tag protection, would track stats from all participating servers, and it would have an API to allow php/asp sites to connect to it for information (stats, player usage, etc).

This is the first I have said anything about this, and i have a couple questions for any advanced c++ programmers who can answer some reamaining questions i have about sockets under linux.

-Claw-
August 6, 2005, 2:29 pm
FliesLlikeABrick, Luuuv ya! :0

Hopefully that comes true someday ;o