( search forums )
Text Bubble
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Happy Camper
July 20, 2005, 10:35 pm
My Suggestion, albiet a small one.

Is to have a little white Bubble, with three dots(...) above your head when typing, so everyone whould know that your typing.

Yea, usless i know, but it was just an idea.

Hoodlum
July 21, 2005, 1:31 am
Welcome to Habbo Hotel.

www.habbohotel.co.uk - Thats what they have and its pretty effective.

Keron Cyst
July 21, 2005, 2:26 am
Didn't Rambo_6 or someone else already suggest this? But I'm not gonna assume anything. I still support this idea, BTW.

Happy Camper
July 21, 2005, 4:04 am
Oh, didnt even think to use the search button, never have.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Green Barret
July 21, 2005, 4:25 am
It's in pretty much most modern games. Why not have it here too?

Strange of me though, whenever I hear a good idea, I think up of ways to exploit it. The ways of using this in a bad way are countless.

For example you could pretend you are typing and as soon as an enemy passes you turn around and stab him. Or, several guys might stand below a teammate with the bubble up, covering him from view.

However, these are really minor. Great suggestion.

Deleted User
July 21, 2005, 5:38 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystDidn't Rambo_6 or someone else already suggest this? But I'm not gonna assume anything. I still support this idea, BTW.

yes he did but im to lazy to post link

Deleted User
July 21, 2005, 7:50 am
people would still kill you, it wouldnt matter if when you were typing your soldatan was in a damn phone booth youd still get killed

Goofy_92
July 21, 2005, 9:05 am
I like this idea, it's annoying when a teammate is shooting you when you're typing.

Alamo
July 21, 2005, 12:28 pm
I suggested this twice ;)

rabidhamster
July 21, 2005, 2:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Green Barret
...you could pretend you are typing and as soon as an enemy passes you turn around and stab him. Or, several guys might stand below a teammate with the bubble up, covering him from view...

the bubble could have an alpha value of 96... that would work.

Dark_Noddy
July 21, 2005, 4:13 pm
/me lieks

Keron Cyst
July 21, 2005, 5:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Taalpeople would still kill you, it wouldnt matter if when you were typing your soldatan was in a damn phone booth youd still get killed
Well, I'd wait... in front with an M79 until he's done typing xD Nah, if it was implemented I'd probably try to get more honorable kills by skipping people who're typing something.

EDIT Hey, that's something... Honor Mode, where you lose one point for killing someone who has an ellipsis over his head! But that "safety function" get abused heavily xP

Michal
July 21, 2005, 5:56 pm
Yes I would like this. It would be nice to have the typing indicator modable like the player indicator.

rabidhamster
July 21, 2005, 7:04 pm
^that would be pretty d@mn cool.

Elemental
July 21, 2005, 7:21 pm
They have this in Gunz also :o
Itd be great if it was put in :o

STEELIX
July 21, 2005, 7:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cyst
EDIT Hey, that's something... Honor Mode, where you lose one point for killing someone who has an ellipsis over his head! But that "safety function" get abused heavily[/beige] xP

This sounds like a good idea.. If there would be a message with "... Killed a typing person!" everytime you killed a guy with a speech bubble above his head, I'd reckon the amount of typekills to go down considerably.

Keron Cyst
July 21, 2005, 10:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by me, skimmer
... But that "safety function" get abused heavily xP
They'd just type one letter if a GL was about to hit them. And they could inch towards the enemy flag that way and be in the enemy base, continuously typing one letter, backspacing, moving a bit, and typing again. Scrap that idea :-P

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 7:45 am
damn you keron you have to take the fun out of everything :P

STEELIX
July 22, 2005, 9:20 am
Hurrr... I can't imagine people doing that, really.